Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Note: I will not read posts with subjects like 'help'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic  What? Post :: Post Firefox 0.9.3  View next topic  
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
I'm not putting on a cheerleader outfit for you homos. icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

Im not a homo icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:22 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Akai wrote:

I guess you didn't even read my reply to that. And if you don't see my point anymore, then you never did.

I did before I knew the true definition of "measure". A pixel does not have a standard constant of conversion, and therefore is not a measurement of distance.

Dr Brain wrote:
Only three things in the universe can be measured. Distance, Mass, and Time. Every other physical measurement is derived from a combination of these three fundamental things.

Actually, the units are derived, but the measurements themselves are not. Take electrical current for example, there's some crazy definition for an amp like how much expansion force the current puts between the wires, but an amp's an amp.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:32 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SuSE wrote:
I guess you didn't even read my reply to that. And if you don't see my point anymore, then you never did.

Cyan~Fire wrote:
I did before I knew the true definition of "measure".

No...lol, if you didn't know the definition of measure (which you clearly still do not know), then you never did see my point (as I just said - not that I think you actually read that post or the one in reply to Mine's).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:38 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:55 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you could point me to the post on ssforum, maybe I'd understand a bit more. However, I do believe that I do know the definition of measure now, since I just personally looked it up, and you cannot "measure" distance with pixels.
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:14 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

D1st0rt wrote:

Heh Heh heheheheheheheheheheh.

Lemme try (not by ebaumsworld)

SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:32 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
If you could point me to the post on ssforum, maybe I'd understand a bit more.

It's in this thread...y'know the one you're replying to that you should've already read. sa_tongue.gif
Don't think it'll help you understand how to comprehend the word, though. I'd recommend m-w.com if you happen to be using dictionary.com.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:04 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SuSE, where do you disagree?

1.) You can only measure things with the proper unit types.

2.) Pixels are not a unit of distance.

Add 1 and 2 and you get that you can't measure distance in pixels.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:05 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CURSE YOU ALL!!!!! WITH YOUR PIXEL TALK AND CRAP
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:53 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Haha. icon_smile.gif
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:04 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
I'm not putting on a cheerleader outfit for you homos. icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

How about a large pair of pants, suspenders, knee high boots and a tattered baseball cap?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:39 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
SuSE, where do you disagree?

1.) You can only measure things with the proper unit types.

2.) Pixels are not a unit of distance.

Add 1 and 2 and you get that you can't measure distance in pixels.

I would agree, if you didn't happen to be wrong about 1 & 2 sa_tongue.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:06 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There are 1310720 pixels on my screen right now. Does this mean that my screen is 1310720 pixels long? No. A pixel is NOT a unit of distance.

Let's do some dimensional analysis here. You measure resolution in, let's say, pixels per inch. That's a amount over a length, which of course does tell you something. However, if a pixel was a measurement of length, then that would be length over length, which evalutates to 1. Saying 1=1 is a little useless.
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:28 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1stStrike wrote:
[..]

How about a large pair of pants, suspenders, knee high boots and a tattered baseball cap?

Id like to see a picture of anyone like that.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:51 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Go away.
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:00 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

WAAAAAH!!
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:08 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
There are 1310720 pixels on my screen right now. Does this mean that my screen is 1310720 pixels long? No.

I agree. That'd be area, not length. sa_tongue.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:10 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So you're saying that a pixel is a unit of area now?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:32 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
So you're saying that a pixel is a unit of area now?

No, I'm saying that you apparently don't know the difference between length and area and should probably be quiet. sa_tongue.gif But yes, of course if you can measure distance you can measure area.
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:22 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My penis is 1 million pixels long. Sad, isn't it.
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:22 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

haha 1st, the resolution is 1,000,000,000 ppi
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:40 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1stStrike wrote:
My penis is 1 million pixels long. Sad, isn't it.

icon_eek.gif AH!!! icon_eek.gif
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:16 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ekted:

Dr Brain> I hate clean air and clean water. I'm a member of Evil Conservitive Industries

PE40016.jpg - 8.68 KB
File downloaded or viewed 92 time(s)
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:22 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OMG THATS NOT EKTED IS IT?!!?!?!?!
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

do you do anything other than troll these forums? Thats from TV, Saturday Night Live specifically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 600 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.833036 seconds : 52 queries executed (68.5%): GZIP compression disabled