Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Note: I will not read posts with subjects like 'help'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic  What? Post :: Post Firefox 0.9.3  View next topic  
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:54 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here comes another post with over 200 posts in it. new_snipersmilie.gif

new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif new_evil.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:38 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well Akai, I saw your point of view until MGB posted the definition of mesaure. Oops.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:39 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oooooh.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:42 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Akai's reply is just garbage text. I tried all browsers.
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:44 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You really have issues with akai dont you ekted?
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:45 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just this one...oh and maybe ssforum. But I got along with him until the pixel thing. icon_smile.gif

I hate retarded people.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:46 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SuSE wrote:
&#108;&#111;&#108;

Sorry, but these forums don't support HTML escape characters. For those of you who want to know what he typed, try this in a text editor of your choice. Hold ALT, and type 0108 on your number pad. Let go of alt and it should print out an 'l' on the screen. Repeat for ALT+0111 to get an 'o'.

Smithy101 wrote:
Here comes another post with over 200 posts in it.

Only because you are filling in 10% of them with smilies. Post girls if you want to do something more useful, people will like you more.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:47 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
Just this one...oh and maybe ssforum. But I got along with him until the pixel thing. icon_smile.gif

I hate retarded people.

I see.... I see....
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:00 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SuSE, you are obviously oblivious to the subtleties of what we are talking about. Take a college level physics or chemistry couse and come back.

Only three things in the universe can be measured. Distance, Mass, and Time. Every other physical measurement is derived from a combination of these three fundamental things.

Given: Pixels are not a measure of real distance. You have admitted this.

Given: DPI is not a universal constant. Hell, it changes every time you change resolution.

You draw the conclusion.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZiGNoTZaG
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:14 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is a discussion of science versus reality, and the two are not the same.

science is mans atempt to put reason to things without reason. reality is what you acctualy percieve with your own senses.

think about this....

would "it", still be "it", if "it" wasnt named "it"

yes, you can measure by pixels. no, you arnt going to be doing it in math class. nuff said.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:29 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ziggy, you are missing the context. AP asks for dimensions of a CD in pixels so he can make a CD cover. Akai answers him with a a picture showing pixel "distances" of various parts of a CD. I laugh and initially think they are both just making a huge subtle joke, waiting for people to catch on.

Sadly, they were not.
ZiGNoTZaG
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, ok, ill admit i dont know much about cd labels or DPI.

all i know is that when i tell my printer to print a 3.5 it prints a 3.212.

damn thing.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:00 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I took a gay web design class and one of the questions was how many pixels are there per inch, which I thought was the gayest question ever, so I proceeeded to write how this depends on the resolution and got it wrong.. see apparently the book assumes everyone's using 800x600 so DPI is a constant... gay class... gay...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok then, how many pixels are your eyes from the screen?

And now how many?

angelina017.jpg - 107.73 KB
File downloaded or viewed 21 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:49 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

AJ = yawn.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:45 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Agreed. icon_sad.gif
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:13 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh ekted, ekted you're so fine you blow my mind.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:48 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
Well Akai, I saw your point of view until MGB posted the definition of mesaure. Oops.

I guess you didn't even read my reply to that. And if you don't see my point anymore, then you never did.
Mr Ekted wrote:

Just one more thing you don't have a clue about.
Mine GO BOOM wrote:
Sorry, but these forums don't support HTML escape characters.

duh
Dr Brain wrote:
SuSE, you are obviously oblivious to the subtleties of what we are talking about. Take a college level physics or chemistry couse and come back.

You are obviously lost in the world of physics and don't have enough time to understand what a simple word or two actually MEAN.
Dr Brain wrote:
Given: Pixels are not a measure of real distance. You have admitted this.

Pardon?
Dr Brain wrote:
Given: DPI is not a universal constant. Hell, it changes every time you change resolution.

Yes, but not inbetween when it is stable and allows plenty of time for measuring.
ZiGNoTZaG wrote:
yes, you can measure by pixels. no, you arnt going to be doing it in math class. nuff said.

I think Zig may be the only one here besides me that knew what the word 'measure' meant before he studied screen resolutions. Kudos.
Mr Ekted wrote:
Ziggy, you are missing the context.

No, you are.
Mr Ekted wrote:
AP asks for dimensions of a CD in pixels so he can make a CD cover. Akai answers him with a a picture showing pixel "distances" of various parts of a CD. I laugh and initially think they are both just making a huge subtle joke, waiting for people to catch on.

We didn't catch on because there was no joke. You can measure using pixels, especially when you are operating under the area of the definition that goes like this: "any of the small discrete elements that together constitute an image (as on a television screen)" - which would be obvious to anyone who has ever done very much image editing in virtually any program. (there's a decent writeup on pixels at wikipedia.org if you're bored)
Bak wrote:
I took a gay web design class and one of the questions was how many pixels are there per inch, which I thought was the gayest question ever, so I proceeeded to write how this depends on the resolution and got it wrong.. see apparently the book assumes everyone's using 800x600 so DPI is a constant... gay class... gay...

very gay - classes are gay
Mr Ekted wrote:
AJ = yawn.

Don't be crazy...oh, wait, too late. sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:51 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:

that's so priceless sa_tongue.gif
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:56 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Akai, you are the 3rd grader who is ruining the math class for all the other kids. We will have to call your parents. tongue.gif

Actually, what's going on is that I am saying that 1+1=2 and you are saying that 2+2=4. We are not debating the same issue.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:06 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, it's more like you're saying 1+1=2 and he's saying 2+2=5.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:34 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1stStrike wrote:
Oh ekted, ekted you're so fine you blow my mind.

LOL!

But it should have been:

Oh ekted, you're so fine,you're so fine you blow my mind oh ekted.. oh ekted....
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:55 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not putting on a cheerleader outfit for you homos. icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:58 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
Actually, what's going on is that I am saying that 1+1=2 and you are saying that 2+2=4. We are not debating the same issue.

For the most part. Glad you finally caught on - maybe you'll stop yelling like a baby that I'm wrong now. sa_tongue.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 630 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.722054 seconds : 52 queries executed (77.4%): GZIP compression disabled