Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Another cfg2conf convertor

View previous topic  Another chatnet client Post :: Post early version of another map editor  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Another cfg2conf convertor Reply to topic Reply with quote

This program will generate an arena.conf (for asss) based on a server.conf. It does not generate separate settings files to go in conf/<setting name of your choice>/ like explody's. It does however set the flag spawn to minimumvirtual and scan for needed modules.

Usage: ./cfg2conf <server.cfg> [<mapname.lvl>]

Update Jan 9 2005: download links
http://toktok.sscentral.com/files/cfg2conf-1.5.tar.gz linux
http://toktok.sscentral.com/files/cfg2conf-1.5.zip windows

Last edited by Smong on Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good job. I havent gotten to play with it but, what do you have as the output file? just the same name as the CFG file? And is there source so we can play around with the scanning and how it moves things around?

Dr Brain> I hate clean air and clean water. I'm a member of Evil Conservitive Industries
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sample arena.conf wrote:
;;put this file and blah.cfg in arenas/<arenanameofyourchoice>

#include blah.cfg

[General]
Map = blah.lvl

[Modules]
AttachModules = \
fm_normal \
points_kill \
points_flag \
points_goal \
points_periodic \
koth

Flag:GameType = $FLAGGAME_TURF

Soccer:SpawnRadius = 64

; changed settings:

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

666 posts :/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
-Smong-

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No doubt cypher and cyan will also add some useless comments.

Incase my last post wasn't clear. The output is arena.conf. I've put windows, cygwin and linux binaries along with the source into one archive. If someone could add the windows file open dialog like buildlevel and release it without requiring .net, that would be nice.
http://toktok.sscentral.com/files/cfg2conf.zip

Note: the cygwin version doesn't have the soccer spawn radius, I'll fix that later.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

XD useless comments icon_wink.gif

Luckily, I don't use ASSS... so reviewing will have to be done at a later time.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Untested, build w/ VC++ 6.0

Build w/ VC++ 6.0

cfg2conf (vcpp6.0).zip - 17.26 KB
File downloaded or viewed 56 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong already included a Windows compile, though, cyph.

Anyway, here's one with the open file dialog. Needs comdlg32.dll, but that's it.

Haha my uselessness is defeated... temporarily.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.

cfg2conf.zip - 4.62 KB
File downloaded or viewed 47 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
-Smong-

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I updated the archive to include the new source and windows binary linked to comdlg32.dll. Version is now 1.1 (only change is on windows version though).
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
and release it without requiring .net

is all I had caught... :shrug:
-Smong-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I guess that sentence was rather vague. I assumed you needed MSVC so you can access the C++ class that does the open file dialog, and since a lot of recent MSVC compiled programs required .NET I thought I'd state my preference.
All my own binaries do not require .net (I can't afford to buy MSVC anyway).
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You don't need a C++ class to access the file open dialog. Don't you realize all the stuff in MFC and .NET are just wrappers for the Win32 API?
-Smong-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I searched for code examples on how to use the open dialog, but only found some special case mods on some c++ classes (like how to customise it). I do know mfc/.net are wrappers, but I didn't see any sources saying how to do it by hand.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/UserInput/CommonDialogBoxLibrary/CommonDialogBoxReference/CommonDialogBoxFunctions/GetOpenFileName.asp
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You don't need VC to even program for MFC. Just link to mfc*.dll.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_MFC_CFileDialog.asp

I would never use MFC again after my bad first experiences with it though.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

MFC is stupid because it transparently wraps the raw Win32 API. All the same functions exist. Nothing is simplified. It's just another layer of function calls. And a "hello world" app goes from 16K to 200K. icon_smile.gif
-Smong-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok I was going to log in to do this, but just haven't got round to it.

Version 1.3 is out, basically the only change is it now adds fg_wz or fg_turf to attach modules depending on the subgame settings.

http://toktok.sscentral.com/files/cfg2conf-1.3.zip
http://toktok.sscentral.com/files/cfg2conf-1.3.tar.gz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 708 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.584299 seconds : 44 queries executed (94.0%): GZIP compression disabled