Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ship anims

View previous topic  MGB, where can I find your bot core? Post :: Post packet 36  View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: ship anims Reply to topic Reply with quote

is there any thing u have to do to make the ship anims (rolls, turning etc.) work if there bigger or smaller than the standard 36x36 pixels?
Fuzzjdc
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: ship anims Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
is there any thing u have to do to make the ship anims (rolls, turning etc.) work if there bigger or smaller than the standard 36x36 pixels?

i forgot to login tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What do you mean by work? If you mean to be centered correctly, continuum does that for you, as long as you keep the ships.bm2's image description the same (10 across, 4 high). If you mean to increase their "hitable" area, in the .cfg file, under each ship's [title], change the Radius value. The standard is 14 pixels.

So if you made the ship's image to be 200x200, but you only want the middle 125x125 part to be "hitable", you should set the radius to be 62.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Fuzzjdc
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

that cleared some things up. I'm still baffled....

So, continuum finds the center of the anim even if the ship is 16x16?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ive always been foggy on this too... how exactly does it automatically find the center of the graphics IE ships, bombs, mines?

must they all be the same dimensions IE all bombs must be 10x10 if thats the size? Etc etc etc...

what about blackspace? i know its included in the graphic w/ a > usual radius... how would one make a ship that is longer than it is wide? hopefully wihout a big black halo when one goes close to a wall?

exact clarification would be heavenly.... icon_wink.gif
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ship gfx must have the same width & height.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Look at it this way. Continuum opens the file, and knows it SHOULD have 10 images by 4 images for each ship, for a total of 40. So it reads the image's actual height and width, and divides by the 10 and 4.

So for each ship, it will divide the width by 10, and the height by 4, and thats each image's size. So its usually best to keep the dedimensionsmage a multiple of its image # for the width and height. So the ship1.bm2 shouldn't be 1123x253, since that won't divide by 10 and 4 nicely.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

muchas gracias, but what about if not all the ships are the same radius IE i got ship1 is 40 pics wide and ship 2 75 pics wide...? does it load the pictures from the larges size and then just sample the radius...?

i hope this is clear, if not, please work with me... sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Fuzzjdc
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i don't think you would have 3 different ship sizes in the one bm2 file plus continuum finds the 10 by 4 pics. if one ship is 36x36 then another is 16x16 its gonna be very screwed up!

Thanx MGB, thats helps a lot, i understand.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thats y ship#.bm2 was invented...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just to clarify: Ship images can be ANY size (as long as it's under 4 MB .lvz limit), but the row/column layout of the original image(s) must be kept.

This means 10 columns and 4 rows per ship with THE SAME angles as the original image(s) [if you want the ship(s) to line up the proper/traditional way with bullets/bombs,that is].
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thanks all, i knew about the ship#.bm2, but i tend to remember seeing an infantry-style zone with one weird bm2 before, oh well, i might be hallucianting past events... ive done it before, im good at it too

thanks all... did i already say that?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 675 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.537081 seconds : 37 queries executed (83.3%): GZIP compression disabled