Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
need copy of zignotzag's rotation script
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  General Question Rules - READ ME BEFOR... Post :: Post Animation  View next topic  
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: need copy of zignotzag's rotation script Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looking for a copy of zignotzag's script/program for doing ship images/rotations. The old posts are still not up or I could've found the link.
Someone hook me up? Mine, find the link for me in the old posts?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Fuzzjdc
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hmmm.... i would like this program too

i did find a program that does rotations but i couldn't import a file i made
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you could always use rotation feature in psp or photoshop... im no help am i?
desidragon
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

heh
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Helicon wrote:
you could always use rotation feature in psp or photoshop... im no help am i?

you could use psp or photoshop, but i think some people don't have it (plus i wouldn't buy it at $1600 AUD)

plus its a smaller download
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Um...this rotates 3D MODELS and renders them into all the proper angles for Subspace. I have no interest in ships without 3D shading and even less interest in ships with no rolling images. I've been getting no response from Zig on this and I've lost my old copy.

Mine, maybe you could find the url he posted in the old posts for me? (or put up the old posts for the search)

-> I downloaded a copy of Adobe Photoshop off a file-sharing program/network. You probably can too. Check www.grokster.com
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Fuzzjdc
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

that sounds like a script for rhino3d or something

well, i made a ship in Rhino3D. You make the ship on top view facing up on the top view, zoom extents all, render it, copy the render to the bm2 file, then rotate 10 degrees, render and copy.

Gotta do it 40 times, but its worth it!

But having the rendering and rolls being done for you is quicker.

Have you used a search engine?
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Fuzzjdc wrote:
that sounds like a script for rhino3d or something

well, i made a ship in Rhino3D. You make the ship on top view facing up on the top view, zoom extents all, render it, copy the render to the bm2 file, then rotate 10 degrees, render and copy.

Gotta do it 40 times, but its worth it!

But having the rendering and rolls being done for you is quicker.

thats why you want a script... im no 3d pro... i can run blender sa_tongue.gif but now i see what youre saying akai... what program you using?> and any idea what it was called... the actual name it was published under... zip file name or anything? .(where is MGB, he would know this, wouldnt he... suspiciously absent though)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Helicon wrote:
i can run blender

I thought i was the only person on earth who knew about blender tongue.gif. i'm ok at it, but i'm no artist, so I have never tried shipsets with it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Manual rotation = no lighting

I'd really like a rotation file for 3D studio max too... my rotation doesn't work for some reason :/
-"l33t h41ku"
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh and can someone post the numbers for the 3D rorations?
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SOS wrote:
Manual rotation = no lighting

cut me a copy of 3d studio max and ill write you one if you give me the time... icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hehe
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know Zig made such a script/program for Bryce 5 (which can handle 3DS models) and someone told me that there is also a version for 3DS, not sure about that. I have gotten no response from Zig on ICQ/email/forum pm, so I have no idea what's up. I know he posted a url to the file to download on the old server help board.

If we all yell at Mine, maybe he will dig it out for us. I'd rather not have everyone yell at Zig, since he might just not give it to us, then I'd have to coerce Dark Aqua or someone else to find their backed-up copy.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://downloads.aswz.net

or even better..

http://downloads.aswz.net/download.cgi?action=download&file=9
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

still waiting for what I asked for sa_tongue.gif
KrynetiX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i want that too, ive been making nice little shippy's i want to rotate, i dont like --rotate, 9 degrees, render, screenshot, abode, paste, load selection, copy, new window, paste--repeat--- 40x

what his proggy does it with a click of a button?

didnt login
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

3d Studio Max:

Normal: http://sos.sscentral.com/norm.max
Rolls: http://sos.sscentral.com/rolls.max

If you figure out how to sync normal and roll zooms, let me know sa_tongue.gif
KrynetiX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

NOBODY FOUND IT YET?

-_- ok
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You could try to do a google search on his name plus maybe the word subspace, and you'll find his ]website (http://members.cox.net/zignotzag/) which contains his email (zignotzag@yahoo.com address, where you could maybe email him asking for it.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I guess I'll post again that it's not obviously available on his site and he has not been responding to me...but what's the use.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would guess since it isn't on his website that he didn't make it public, and since he isn't responding to you, he may not want it sent to other people.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just use the ol' DOS program I have on my download site..
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
roof_tiles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: ya can too with ps1 Reply to topic Reply with quote

ok if you have a basic 2d ship (or u made a 3d one without lighting) just grab photoshop off kazaa..or if uv already got it, fine

then use the photoshop render lighting..keep it in the top left..tweek it till it looks good

mabey add another lighting layer

then rotate it manually (only the ship layer) ..and hey presto 2d>3d converter icon_smile.gif
roof_tiles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: 9 degree..actually Reply to topic Reply with quote

actually if u use a calculator..or a supercomputer the ship rotation is 9degrees per direction..not 10...

so bleh to you all!

icon_smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 697 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.554965 seconds : 51 queries executed (93.5%): GZIP compression disabled