Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
home network, can only acces zone on one comp.

View previous topic  Cant connect to billing server? Post :: Post Anti-warp in center + Anti-warp bot.  View next topic  
Dealer_Of_death

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: home network, can only acces zone on one comp. Reply to topic Reply with quote

hi there,

here is my problem i have two computers set up on a network, the computer i wish to use for my server connects to the one with direct internet access, the problem is that i can run my server and connect to the billing thing without any trouble but then my zone is not put up icon_eek.gif , yet if i run my server on the computer with direct internet access everything works the way its meant too icon_confused.gif , except i can not log on to my zone using the computer that is connected to the one with the direct internet access. icon_sad.gif

if u can help me i would apprieceate it.

p.s

my zone is called "Dealers_zone" biggrin.gif
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1) Forward server port and server port + 1 (1000 and 1001 for example, if server port is 1000)
2) server.ini->[Billing]->IP=localhost
-"l33t h41ku"
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

and if you host on the pc with direct access, you have to manually edit the zone.dat file in your continuum folder to see the machine's local ip.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

reel bad wrote:
you have to manually edit the zone.dat file in your continuum folder to see the machine's local ip.

The reason your other zone can't connect is because it sees the zone's ip as a global internet address, that is itself. Since your zone is hosted on a WAN and a LAN, you have to deal with both connect types. The WAN is as simple as the directory server, while like LAN rerequiresou to put in the local internet address. So in your zone.dat on the other machines in your LAN, you have to replace the zone's ip with your local area network's ip. On most networks designed like yours, it will probably be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
Dealer_of_death

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: not sure what u mean Reply to topic Reply with quote

hi again. right im not so sure what you mean when you say icon_confused.gif

Quote:
1) Forward server port and server port + 1 (1000 and 1001 for example, if server port is 1000)
2) server.ini->[Billing]->IP=localhost

so i have decided to put up my server.ini file. icon_biggrin.gif

//You can delete anything with the // infront, they are their to help you get the basics... Mine GO BOOM http://www.shanky.com/server/
//This is currently, at time of download, 1.34.12a subgame

[Custom]
ArenaMode=0
//1=Any player can create an own a new subarena
//2=Only mods+ can own newly created subarenas
//3=Smods+ own new subarenas
//4=Sysops own new subarenas
//5=New subarenas won't make new files, will just use spawn.cfg instead. If a .cfg is already created for subarena, will use that instead

[Arena]
ArenaMaxPlayers=200
ArenaDesiredPlayers=100
ArenaMinimumPlayers=25
SpawnKeepScores=1
MaxArenas=2000
MaxArenasMemory=64000

[Comms]
MaxQueueToLogin=16
PacketHistoryMax=2000
IncomingBufferSize=131072
OutgoingBufferSize=131072
EncryptMode=1
UnreliableBufferSize=128
TransportBufferSize=160

[Misc]
DisableShareware=0
RegisterKickShareware=0
MaxSharewarePlayers=-1
MaxPlayers=200
MaxSharewareTime=90000000
DisableSharewareNames=0
DisableSharewareShips=0
DisableSharewareScores=0
MenuKickOutDelay=12000
NoAntiInSafe=0
//If 1, then if in a safty, SS will ignore that player's anti
LockFreqs=0
//If 1, then *lock doesn't allow freq change
PositionDataAccess=2
//if 0, sysops see player stats in spec. If 1, smods/sysops can. If 2, then mod/smods/sysops can
AlertCommand=cheater
//so ?cheater {text} will send to online mods
AllowPubScorereset=0
AllowPvtScorereset=0
//If 1, ?scorereset will reset player's score
TimerDropFlagTerritoryRadius=8
//If non-0, then all non-neutral droped flags X tiles away from ship. More info in FAQ at Server Help Site
ShipTypeSwitchResetPeriod=0
//If non-0, than if someone does X amount of shipchanges that is in the .cfg in this amount of time (in milliseconds), then kicks them off
CheckWeapons=1
//Leave this set to 1, so it detects more of different type of cheats.. will kick them out if in .cfg the [Security] SecurityKickoff is 1
CheckFastBombing=0
//More info on website
FastBombingThreshold=30
//More info on website
ForceObsceneCheck=0
//0 = normal, 1 = everyone has obscene checking on
NoFlagRewardLimit=0
//If set non-zero reward multiplier limit is removed in FlagRewardMode 1. Multiplier is (maximumAllowedPerTeam / numberOfTeamMembers), if NoFlagRewardLimit is set 0
multiplier is limited by 2.
LogPoints=0
PointUpdateDiff=500
JackpotBroadcastPoints=0
ServerLog=1
KeepAliveDelay=500
DefaultLevelFile=Two to your map file name
Port=1500
//Make it something round, like 1000, 2000, etc. Change this if you are running more than one zone off same billing
AllowVIEClients=1
//If you wish to restrict your zone to continuum only, set to 0. If you want everyone to play, set to 1
StaffChat=
//Divide staff chat channels by commas. Only mods+ can join these local chats.
ForceContinuumOnly=0
//If set to 1, will only let continuum users enter zone
ServerIP=
//Set to the server's IP #. This is used for *einfo's proxy detection

[CPU]
LoopDelay=0
ProcessMaxTime=4
SleepPerIteration=0
SlowIterationWarningLevel=100
SleepTime=0

[Permission]
AllowBadMachineId=1
AllowLowBandwidth=1
MinimumSecondsToLogin=0
PermissionMaxPoints=0
PermissionMode=0
AutoPermissionPoints=0
AutoPermissionIDList=0
AutoPermissionMessage=Congratulations

[Billing]
LogMessages=0
IP=127.0.0.1
Password=
//What is the billing pw in the subbill.ini
ServerName=Dealers_Zone
//Zone name
Port=185
ServerId=1500
//Make the same as in [Misc] Port=
GroupId=1
ScoreId=1500
//Make the same as in [Misc] Port=
ReconnectTime=12000
AttemptTime=6400

[Advertise]
SendMode=0
DisplayMode=0
Duration=6000

[Validation]
CheckMod=1
CheckSMod=1
CheckSysop=1
LogPubCommands=*
LogPvtCommands=*
DisablePubCommands=
DisablePvtCommands=
//Help at http://www.shanky.com/server/ in FAQ section for Subgame2

[Directory]
IP=sscentral.ds98.com,sscentral.subspace.inet.fi,sscentral.subspace.net,sscentral.subspacehq.com
Description=Great zone in testing at moment plz fell free to look around.icon_smile.gif
//What you want to have for the description of zone
//Pick anything you want
Port=4991

i use a program called ccproxy (because of broadband usb connection) to connect to the internet, so my network looks like;

____________ ____________
|My comp the | |Comp with |
|one i want to | |direct internet|
|use for the |-------------> |access. |----------->internet.
|server. | |i.p=10.0.0.3 |
|i.p=10.0.0.2 | |___________|
|___________|

again i thankyou for helping me out here.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, you will have to find a way to forward ports on your "internet" computer to your "server" computer. This will allow others (not on your network) to play in your zone

From the diagram you gave, you need to edit your zone.dat on every computer on the LAN to contain the IP of the server (10.0.0.2). This will allow the computers on your network to play.

These two soloutions are independent.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dealer_of_death

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

icon_cry.gif its me again it still dont work icon_cry.gif

i did what you said editing the zone.dat file so the ip was the same as the one i was running the server did this on all computers still did not work its wierd. new_evil.gif

right im still in the same predicament, the computer with direct internet access runs the server perfectly except i cant play the zone/server on any computer on the lan except that one. and the server only connects to the billing server on the other computers but no one can play one the server and neither can i. new_let_it_all_out.gif

think ill give up soon things like this (things that should work but dont) drive me up the wall. whats more wierd is the fact that i cant download zones anymore on my other computer that does not have direct access icon_cry.gif . but i can play continuum on the other computers like normall. icon_exclaim.gif icon_cry.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 651 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.425468 seconds : 32 queries executed (93.7%): GZIP compression disabled