Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Continuum F1 Editor - v.1.2 (beta5) released.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  [WIP] DirClient Post :: Post Zone pinger  View next topic  
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Continuum F1 Editor - v.1.2 (beta5) released. Reply to topic Reply with quote

04/30/2007 - Any references to subspacenetwork.com are no longer valid. My homepage is now http://cypherjf.sscentral.com/ and should be that way for some time. I'd highly recommend using this for now, please post any bugs you find.

-----

download here:
http://subspacedownloads.com/index.php?act=file&fid=1059

-----

I have included a new F1 Browser on page two of this topic, you may want to check it out.

Continuum WYSIWYG F1 Editor v.1.2 is released...
Last Updated w/ Release: 04/19/2007

Note: this is still considered a 'beta', but is considered more stable than v.1.1

Get it here -- http://www.subspacenetwork.com/f1editor/, or at the bottom of this post.

(sorry for no direct link, this way I would be able to update the file more efficiently with new releases. ie: for when i change it from a beta, to a stable release.)

Release Notes:
04/30/2007 - V. 1.2 (beta) released:
+ Fixed support for %p and %P tags; beta4 had the wrong Pink/Purple matches.
+ Removed %K code.

04/19/2004 - V. 1.2 (beta) released:
+ Added support for the %K tag.
+ Updated: Colors are "web-safe" now.

02/21/2004 - V. 1.2 (beta3) released:
+ Fixed the % Loaded/Saved so it is no longer a decimal.
+ New color for Blue/Purple selected.
+ Fixed: Blue/Pink get saved as green issue.

02/15/2004 - V. 1.2 (beta2) released:
+ Added support for the %b tag, which is the red (chat text)
+ Added support for the %P tag, and %p tag.
+ Fixed: 'save on exit' function.
+ Added the 'colors' & 'macros' menu, on the top menu.
+ Duplicate files in the recent file list will not appear.
+ Added a 'mini help'.

02/14/2004 - V. 1.2 (beta) released:
(Many thanks goto Saion for profiling the program error bugs, features, etc.)
+ Added Scrollbar's, oops! icon_smile.gif
+ 'Pure White' text issue, hopefully this is resolved.
+ Added: Right click -> Macro list.
+ Changed the 'click a color' to select your text, and right click.
+ Added a caption to let you know which window title you are in.
+ Added: now you can type %(color key), and it will change the color of to be typed text.
Note: It is case sensitive. so %w and %W are different.
+ Added: Percent status for load/safe functions. -- also optomized the 'load' function, faster loading.
+ Changed: the whole new/open/save deal. You can now create a new file without saving first.

If you have any questions/comments/suggestions/bug reports -- please let me know by posting here here or by e-mailing me SScypherjf at yahoo dot com.

Original Dev Thread: (explains more in detail what this is, etc.)
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=2106

Dev Homepage:
http://www.subspacenetwork.com/f1editor/

Reported (Acknowledged) Issues
* none reported as of this beta3 *
----------------------------------------------
* any 'done' or 'fixed' items will be included in next compile/release.
----------------------------------------------
Odds and Ends
- Possible addition of Buttons for Colors/Macros (toolbars). (MGB)
- More efficient load/save functions.
- A decent help file.
- 'Preview' feature (Saion)
. tabbed source/wysiwyg view
. powerpoint like control to move 'windows' around.
- export to HTML/LVZ
- find a fix to the '%b'ounty issue.
- margin specification (Saion) {will need specifications}

04/30/2007 release; fixes pink and purple color tags; removed %K = 14 space support since it broke rich text box coloring (this was added in beta4).

cF1Editor1.2b5.zip - 33.72 KB
File downloaded or viewed 75 time(s)

Last edited by CypherJF on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 32 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Added link to the Rules thread here.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
cypher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sweeetness lol
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sweet. This is gonna be really useful. Gj!

Why does it take so long to open files??
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
Sweet. This is gonna be really useful. Gj!

thank-you, thank-you icon_smile.gif lol..

Cyan~Fire wrote:
Why does it take so long to open files??

I discussed this privately with Cyan~Fire, it's just how my methods are implemented, which cause it to be slow. I'll try and focus on this issue, probably in the next release in (1.3 or greater). The functions work as they are now, and I know they're painfully slow. BUT I did manage to get them optomized even more in 1.2, so everyone should be happpppy icon_smile.gif lol...
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You could add buttons to the top, in which you could select text color you want. And maybe buttons for the %KEYs. Atleast add the right-click menu into the main menu somewhere.

How about fixing the recent history? Don't add the same link in there twice, just reposition it instead.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
You could add buttons to the top, in which you could select text color you want. And maybe buttons for the %KEYs. Atleast add the right-click menu into the main menu somewhere.

Buttons... I've had problems with the toolbar control w/ VB, so I've begun to hate it. Thats why I prefer the right click button icon_smile.gif but I'll write in the notes to consider at a later time. -- in regards to buttons: do you mean seperate buttons for the %KEYs_ to bring up a menu? or different button per key?

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
How about fixing the recent history? Don't add the same link in there twice, just reposition it instead.

Done. Will be in next release.

btw, MGB could you lock -> http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=2106 for me plz?
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CypherJF wrote:
Buttons... I've had problems with the toolbar control w/ VB, so I've begun to hate it. Thats why I prefer the right click button but I'll write in the notes to consider at a later time. -- in regards to buttons: do you mean seperate buttons for the %KEYs_ to bring up a menu? or different button per key?

Well, I'm more of thinking of good toolbars, in which you can right-click to enable/disable them, thus you can choose if you like the one with every single %KEY in a button form. But if too hard, thats good. But, I'd recommend making a better help file in it, in which it tells people that the stuff is in the right-click menu.
CypherJF wrote:
btw, MGB could you lock -> http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=2106 for me plz?

Bah, I'm lazy, you do it (hint hint).
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I agree, people won't know to right click to insert such things, etc etc. I'll try and get something going with that in a next release, but definately something that I will try and add.

2nd portion:
'Nice'... I'll go do that right now icon_smile.gif
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A bug which I wouldn't have thought about was found, and fixed in the download now available:

for those who used %P and %p in a file (that you opened), the %P was inturpreted as pink, as it should be purple... not that big deal, but now it's been fixed, you'll probably need to re-check your file, if you fall into this category...

Okay, so yeah.. make sure you grab the newest BETA.... plus enjoy some beta fixes icon_smile.gif please comment on anything you might discover in the mean time....

Last edited by CypherJF on Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total
Cruis.In

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hi , what program Can I use to edit the settings of a server?

instead of manually editing the ,cfg file.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Question:
Cruis.In wrote:
...what program Can I use to edit the settings of a server? instead of manually editing the ,cfg file.

CFG files can be edited with a program called FACT's, You can find the link to this program (I believe), on the "Rules for User-Apps" sticky in this topic.

Or just check on SubspaceDownloads.com - Files - Editors -- I know they have it there also. They have a config editor, but becareful not to minimize the CFG editor, to my knowledge, it'll create an error and crash FACTs....

Last edited by CypherJF on Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

------------------------------------

User noted: the save/load functions don't round the loading % value; my bad! I took out the round() to help speed up the process... I'll work on choppin down that decimal rotfl...

Suggestion noted: Blue and Purple are extremely close -- I replied, give me some good #HEX colors; ie: color format of that on a webpage; yeah...
and ill consider using them... But at this moment, I took random pixels off of the shortfont.bm2 for my color selection...
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

D1st0rt suggested:
Quote:
good blue/purple 00BBEE/9966FF

Thank-you. Those colors were accepted and will be used.

Last edited by CypherJF on Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Blue and pink get saved as green.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank-you guest!

Fixed: Beta3 released.

Last edited by CypherJF on Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This version needs an older version of commondialog than included in Windows XP. Please fix that bug. Program doesn't run. But a great idea.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I do not know of a newer Common Dialog Control that came w/ XP. Because that is what I use, XP Home. You can find the common dialog control that I use, on the website...
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hehe. You can't just download and use new libraries like the commondialog of Microsoft. I know that but I tried it out. You have to register the objects and libraries so that they become part of the system and part of the kernel. Great idea but actually doesn't work.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Qndre wrote:
Hehe. You can't just download and use new libraries like the commondialog of Microsoft. I know that but I tried it out. You have to register the objects and libraries so that they become part of the system and part of the kernel. Great idea but actually doesn't work.

is that something new with XP? It's not a problem on older OSs afaik
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Akai wrote:
[..]

is that something new with XP?

No. Every version of windows needs to have system components (DLLs, Libraries, ActiveX-Components, etc.) registered. That's why I love Linux. biggrin.gif The programs don't become part of the system in Linux. But in Windows they do.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Qndre wrote:
[..]

No. Every version of windows needs to have system components (DLLs, Libraries, ActiveX-Components, etc.) registered. That's why I love Linux. biggrin.gif The programs don't become part of the system in Linux. But in Windows they do.

Wrong with at least the DLL part. And seeing as the libraries are DLLs, you are wrong there too.

And LOL about Linux not doing that. It's a lot worse on Linux. I love linux, but that isn't one of the reasons why.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Uh huh, this has gone off topic... icon_smile.gif

Qndre wrote:
This version needs an older version of commondialog than included in Windows XP. Please fix that bug. Program doesn't run. But a great idea.

If you could please screen shot and send it to me... it'd be great help thanks - cypherjf at subspacenetwork dot com

Last edited by CypherJF on Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total
wEaViL
Don't make me turn this forum around!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ok so if your running xp pro and it says the ocx "is not registered or missing" then how do you get it to work? I tryed putting it in the windows, windows/system. and the windows/system32 folders but nothing worked.....
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Put it in your X:\Windows\system32\

Then start-> run->

regsvr32 "X:\windows\system32\nameofOCX.ocx"

replace X w/ w/e drive letter, and nameofOCX with the name of the file...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 654 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.507927 seconds : 52 queries executed (88.8%): GZIP compression disabled