Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
CFG VB zip release

View previous topic  Party Hard Post :: Post Guest Posting  View next topic  

Is this work suitable for release?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
With update
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:23 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: CFG VB zip release Reply to topic Reply with quote

i am posting a zip of 4(i think) .bas VB 6 module files for anyone to look over. they (when called) import, categorise and organise (catchy!) a server.cfg file in a nifty little hierarchy for easy use and editing. anyone who would like to comment is welcome (i cant believe i said that)

EDIT: almost anyone

anyway, since i neglgected to type out any docu heres the deal:

2 structure hierarchies, one contains data for a file (will eventually support multiple open files) and the other hold the majority of template.sss in category corresponding to the file hierearchy.
youll notice that the min, max, desciption, type vars are not yet loaded, that is just me being lazy... if you want that code i can get it to you on demand... but thats a lot of vars to load in memory that way... ill probably iclude a module that call from the template on demand next time.

my desire in writing these things is to make obsolete all the work i did to complete them. on top of this almost any visual arrangement is possible (i am currently working one based on the ms flexgrid control and a treeview that is working well, but buggy). and i hope that someone much more gifted than i in organization, who perhaps doesnt have my patience and dedication, icon_rolleyes.gif can complete an editor far superior to mine.

icon_exclaim.gif dont ask for the editing code, ill give to everyone when im done
icon_exclaim.gif
anyone wanting in depth docu (not a VB tutorial! sa_tongue.gif ) can feel free to contact me via PM not email, as i am getting a lot of unnecessary traffic there.

Ps there will be someone out there who belittles me becasue they think vb sucks. it does. there isnt even ++, but its really nifty for things like this. check it out yourself... there will be another who says that server is being updated soon and i shouldnt have bothered (usually my job)... i did it anyway biggrin.gif
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:47 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

havent run it yet, but looks promising.
and for vb bashing:
thats what perl's for.

Dr Brain> I hate clean air and clean water. I'm a member of Evil Conservitive Industries
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:30 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

no one cares, just no one cares...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Snark
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:36 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

not all variables are declared and the code formatting could be better.. its hard to read
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:52 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thanks, though i thought that i had Option Explicit working for me... ill have to look, i pretty much yanked these out of a working project, so its not impossible

EDIT:
about my form, ive never had to deal with other people in programming before, which means i take all the shortcuts and my comments are for me... any Specific (thanks) comments and pointers would be helpful, though i doubt anyone will find it worth their time. a link would be nice
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 663 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.783881 seconds : 33 queries executed (88.3%): GZIP compression disabled