Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Continuum 39pr3

View previous topic  Spectate-Only-Client Post :: Post MSN Logger  View next topic  
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:48 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Continuum 39pr3 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr. Ekted wrote:
Cont 39pr3 scans your processes for ones with a debug flag set, sending these to the server. It does this incorrectly, and will likely send all processes. We have patched PB server to ignore this packet. This alert will never be logged or seen by anyone. However, any other zones that upgrade and do not use our patch will have this feature enabled.

http://www.powerballzone.com/stag/pr3/index.php wrote:
Download this file.

Extract the zip file to your Continuum directory (usually \Program Files\Continuum). WinXP can natively
extract from zips, otherwise download WinZip.
You will need to update your Continuum shortcut to point to Continuum039pr3.exe.
But be sure to leave a shortcut pointing to pr1 for other zones.
Here's a thread for potential problems.

For zone admins,
you will need the small update to subgame found here.
Simply extract the zip to your current server directory.
The next thing you need to do is hex edit the html in /version1/update.exe to point to an upgrade page that has 39pr3.
This will redirect users to the right URL when they hit "YES" in the new version dialog.
NOTE: Once updated, users will only be able to login with .39pr3

http://download.sscentral.com/Continuum39pr3.zip
http://download.sscentral.com/sg14bs.zip
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
50% Packetloss
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:55 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What's new in pr3? Just the buggy process packet?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:10 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I want to say it's the fix for the "maphack" problem, but that could be a hallucination in my memory.

pr1 was for the prox bug
pr2 I completely forgot if I ever knew
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:43 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What about pr4?
http://www.extreme-games.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106033#106033
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:16 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

he probably meant 3, I've not (iirc tongue.gif) heard pr4 ever mentioned until now

easy (though unlazy) check would be for someone to setup the patched subgame, hop in with pr3 and see if they can do the maphack
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:31 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

btw I'm sort of concerned at the apparent nonexistence (publically, anyways) of 1.34.14a and 1.34.14b - anybody have them? (just the updated files would be fine)
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:31 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There's a new packet that pr3 sends (0x3e). Fix.dll doesn't have a handler for it. It passes it on to subgame which triggers lots of "WARNING: Unknown integrity violation". It seems related to entering/leaving arenas. I'm not sure if we have the lastest fix.dll or not. icon_sad.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 671 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.768565 seconds : 33 queries executed (84.3%): GZIP compression disabled