Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Spectate-Only-Client
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic  Mapper needed Post :: Post Continuum 39pr3  View next topic  
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:46 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
TCPA is not a Microsoft thing. It will apply to all computers and devices with CPU's in them: Windows, Linux, Mac, cell phones, PDA's, etc.

And if ONE computer producer doesn't support this TCPA thing (which is a spy function) then everyone will use it. And I doubt Microsoft has the power to tell every computer manufacturer what he should use. Maybe it's like this now but if they do THIS THING then people won't buy computers with this TCPA any more. And after some time there will be companies which sell the computers without it. And people will buy these machines.
Mr Ekted wrote:

Unreliable packets get sent directly to the application layer, and reliable packets get acked (maybe), buffered (maybe), and queued for the application (maybe).

What is the difference between buffering a packet and queueing it? And why do I have to handle the packets in the correct order?
_
And I'll say it here again:
I AM AGAINST TCPA
(even if I don't think it will ever happen)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:59 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Think of it like gun control. If you owned a machine gun, and they were suddenly outlawed, then you would be breaking the law to keep it.

Quote:
What is the difference between buffering a packet and queueing it? And why do I have to handle the packets in the correct order?

By buffering I mean storing rather than passing it on. Queuing usually means to store and passon in the order queued. You must handle reliable packets in sequence number order. Say you receive packet 18 for XYZ entering arena, then packet 17 for XYZ leaving arena. If you handle them in the order received, you will think XYZ is not present, and all further packets for things like movement, weapons, text, etc will have no player associated with them. And this is only a simple case.
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:45 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That makes sense!
_
IMPORTANT!
For technical discussion please use the thread "Metaspace Client Updates": http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?p=16886#16886
But please read what I expect if I say technical discussion.
For trash-talk about my client you should stay here!

Last edited by Qndre on Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:50 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I come back to see this thread alive (5 new pages), only to see it get derailed.

Keep it on track please. If it gets too far off topic, I'll split some posts out.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:44 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Actually at this point, I would prefer that Qndre start new threads for specific topics when he has questions, using appropriately descriptive subjects. I'm sure some disregard this thread as a flame war, when they might benefit from some of the dicussion.
corvey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:46 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why in the fuck isn't there a working continuum linux patch.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:22 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bump?!
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:50 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Delete these three posts now.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:21 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OMFG!!! Bumpy Loser

OMG I A 1337 GUEST I BUMP ALOT!!11!
Blindmonkey21
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:50 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

^--Wtf?

Oh bad just realized this is my 100th post $$$
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:18 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you were trying to be sarcastic, smithy, be aware that you did just perfectly describe yourself.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:08 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i thought MGB would have coded in such a thing where guest's can't bump old topics by now... :sigh:
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:22 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CypherJF wrote:
i thought MGB would have coded in such a thing where guest's can't bump old topics by now... :sigh:

I'm getting close to. The original reason was so if someone used search to find a question related to theirs, they can bump it, which will help narrow down the new user's problem, since he can pick up where the previous posts were left off.

Its seems though, in non-question threads, once a thread hits 30 days, the only reason it will be bumped is for a pointless post to be tacked on. I might do something about that soon.
Blindmonkey21
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:41 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

MGB you need to get a new Avatar that is one of the worst ones I have seen you use icon_confused.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:49 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

likewise to you, his is cool

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Blindmonkey21
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:50 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hobbes is cool icon_sad.gif
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:56 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
[..]

I'm getting close to. The original reason was so if someone used search to find a question related to theirs, they can bump it, which will help narrow down the new user's problem, since he can pick up where the previous posts were left off.

Its seems though, in non-question threads, once a thread hits 30 days, the only reason it will be bumped is for a pointless post to be tacked on. I might do something about that soon.

I would just make it that guest's can't bump threads regardless. If a registered user wants to, then you're able to ban them if they continually do it.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:36 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Actually, I kinda like MGB's current avatar. Do you actually understand it blind?

Back on topic, I agree with Cyph on this one.
Blindmonkey21
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:00 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
Actually, I kinda like MGB's current avatar. Do you actually understand it blind?

No, what is it supposed to be?
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The probablilty field of an electron in the first P shell of an atom, if memory serves.

Actually, on second look, it's probably the D shell.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blindmonkey21
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:47 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doesn't it go SPD? And why does it keep dissapearing?
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:44 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Blindmonkey21 wrote:
And why does it keep dissapearing?

Look up about Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. Since you didn't like that one, how about this one?
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:03 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That one is cool too icon_smile.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:49 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Darnit. You're going to make my head explode, MGB.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:52 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
You're going to make my head explode, MGB.

Wait until you try to understand the Copenhagen Interpretation. That ones a good one to twist your mind around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 644 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.988903 seconds : 50 queries executed (78.9%): GZIP compression disabled