Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Spectate-Only-Client
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic  Mapper needed Post :: Post Continuum 39pr3  View next topic  
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:04 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Y shouldn't they do what they are called?
Btw, this code is 100% assembler - this is just the example how to use it.
_
Another question: At the very beginning of this thread you said if I was spectating at a specific area I couldn't get position data from areas which aren't on my screen (with 1280x1024).
Mine GO BOOM wrote:

The problem with this method is, that all clients only get position data around them only. So if you are specating around E6, you won't see anyone at J12.

But Subspace can generate a R.A.D.A.R. view which also shows other ships. So it has to get position packets from nearly all over the map (or at least how much the R.A.D.A.R. shows). *dontunderstand*

Last edited by Qndre on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:12 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, it's not my code. Ask the writer why they are called LongToString etc. It's partly because in basic, they treat packets like a string, packeting and unpacking them using chr$() etc, which is so damn inefficient. But whatever. My point was, don't assume LongToString() has anthing to do with a real string. It probably just takes a value and write it out as 4 bytes in the order they would be written if basic could handle structures.

In C, if you did "packet.value = 0x12345678" the asm would be something like:

Code: Show/Hide
mov [addr], 12345678

In basic, the LongToString (at best) would translate to:

mov byte ptr [addr], 78
mov byte ptr [addr+1], 56
mov byte ptr [addr+2], 34
mov byte ptr [addr+3], 12

Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

icon_confused.gif
k
_
But what about the position-data? The R.A.D.A.R. can "look" really far.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:18 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

template.sss wrote:
Routing:RadarFavor:1:7:Number of packets somebody on radar receives (1 = every packet, 3 = every fourth packet, 7 = every eighth packet)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:58 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

From the client's point of view, you don't care. You get whatever position packets the server chooses to send to you.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:09 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For example: There is a command under ASSS that tells the server to give a certain player all the position packets in the arena. This is used for bots only, as it's almost totally useless to a normal player.

The client has no say in what position packets get forwarded. Now, generally the server is nice and sends position packets that would be helpful to you, but if it doesn't, there isn't a thing the client can do about it.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nintendo64
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:20 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, it's just putting it in the correct order, also dont believe the names like Ekted said.

for example in VB (the code you have)

Note:
Public Declare Sub CopyMemoryX Lib "kernel32" Alias "RtlMoveMemory" (Dest As Any, Src As Any, ByVal cb&)

Public Function StringToLong(ByVal RawText As String) As Long
    Dim L As Long
    Call CopyMemoryX(L, ByVal RawText, 4)
    StringToLong = L
End Function

and in ASM

function StringToLong(const Str1:String): LongWord;
begin
    asm
    mov         esi, Str1
    mov         eax, dword ptr [esi]
    mov         Result, eax
    end;
end;

Also:
Those names are simply to remind you of Long as in 4 bytes in the packet structure and of integer as in 2 bytes in the packet structure. This is because you have to make each packet structure by each packet that composes it in most high level languages.

Example in VB:

For the encryption request you have to send a

00 01 KK KK KK KK 01 00, but since you cannot do like in C define your own structure, , you have to use Chr().

erequest
   {
   BYTE  core;
   BYTE  header;
   DWORD key;
   WORD   encrtype;
   }

LongToString, StringToLong, IntegerToString, StringToInteger, just help you fill the places where 2 bytes (WORD) and 4 bytes (DWORD) are present.

You have to send the above packet structure like this.

Chr(0)+Chr(1)+Longtostring(key)+IntegerToString(1)

-nintendo64
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:29 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Reading this thread makes me want to kill someone. icon_sad.gif
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:06 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nintendo64 wrote:
[..]
You have to send the above packet structure like this.

Chr(0)+Chr(1)+Longtostring(key)+IntegerToString(1)

-nintendo64

So it does the same as my function does:
_
My function

byte(1) = int(long / 16777216)
long = long - (byte(1) * 16777216)
byte(2) = int(long / 65536)
long = long - (byte(2) * 65536)
byte(3) = int(long / 256)
long = long - (byte(3) * 256)
byte(4) = int(long / 1)
long = long - (byte(4) * 1)
string = chr(byte(4)) + chr(byte(3)) + chr(byte(2)) + chr(byte(1))

_
My software can log in as sysop now, spectate and stay in (if SYSOP). But it doesn't get ANY SMALL POSITION PACKET, yet.
_
So I've got two questions:
1. When does server send LARGE POSITION PACKET (0x05) and when does it send SMALL POSITION PACKET (0x28)?
2. Continuum can follow a specific player (select it from playerlist, then press CTRL) - how can I do this? Is there a specific packet or does Continum just copy the player's position packets like FOLLOWBOT does?
2dragons
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:05 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is a spectate player packet.

0x08 <player id>

Been awhile since I worked with those packets, but I believe the first is more of a weapons packet. If that is so then when someone fires a weapon, drops a brick, etc...
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:19 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

0x28 is position packet. 0x05 is a weapons packet, which has all the same info as a position packet plus weapons and other status (and a 2 byte pid and 2 byte bounty).
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:25 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

k - I'll handle them both. Shouldn't be too much of a problem - just different offsets.
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:52 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was looking at this website:

... and I wondered if that is all a big joke because this CAN'T be true. I don't think it would be legal to do that so I think you don't have to demonstrate against a thing which is against the law itself. But I think you are right with this website. They are NOT allowed to do so. It would be full control over the market. But one thing I don't understand is ... if this would become true ... why don't we all use Linux?

They can't make a law which makes competition illegal. But if you are right with that then I'm also against it.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:24 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What are you replying to here? icon_smile.gif
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:39 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Qndre: don't let this thread become off-topic.
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:14 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
What are you replying to here? icon_smile.gif

I just wondered about this TCPA stuff.

Why shouldn't people use Linux if MS wanted to do such a thing... Because it isn't running on new Intel-CPUs then? So everyone would change to Linux and Intel CPUs would vanish out of the computers if they had such a system installed and these companies wouldn't sell one of their products if they would spy out user's data by manipulating the CPUs and let only MS software run on their systems. So on this site they tell that it would be illegal to sell software which doesn't require the new CPUs and is running on other operating systems and you would spend 5 years in jail if you did so... I don't believe that would be possible because no one would accept such a law. So it's a big joke isn't it?
_
I just said this because you link to this against-TCPA-website in almost every thread you post, Ekted.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:34 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Probably because... it's part of his signature? icon_rolleyes.gif
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

May be the easiest solution - but WHY is it part of his signature? Because it's anti-MS? *i-am-supporting-everything-which-is-anti-ms* biggrin.gif
_
I'll continue development today - large position packet handler...
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:55 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Made my client spectate a 800x600 area of the map (the center) and show Players with a label (no graphics yet). Next steps will be: Writing a renderer to render images and show up the correct shipset (without LVL first) and making the bot spectate up to 50 players within the area which it spectates. That will be enough! biggrin.gif After that I'll try to decode the LVL to BMP and look if I can cut out things of it. Then I'll not only render ships but also bullets and bombs. And then I'll write the functions "follow-a-player" and "follow-the-action"! And finally optimize the webserver for it and make it able to generate videostream. So I still have a long way to go but I'm going ahead step by step and I'm not going backwards. biggrin.gif That's important!
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

TCPA is not a big joke to them. There is a bill in congress that would make it illegal to operate a computer without TCPA-enabled hardware (cpu, mobo, hard drives, cd/dvd, sound/video boards) and software. It could be the case that files you create with your copy of Word are not viewable using another copy of Word, or another app (eg Open Office), and if you ever lose your "license" to use that copy of Word, then all files you created with that copy are rendered unreadable. You will not be able to rip music/movies into raw media files even for your own use. Does this all sound crazy? It should make you livid. The average person doesn't even know about this stuff, but it's already happening. If you have a creative labs sound board, you already have TCPA hardware ready to start taking over. If you installed WMP9, you already agreed (accepted install license) that it may prevent you from viewing (or even delete) files that it thinks you do not have permission to view. And of course all the TCPA stuff is being done under the guise of making computers resistant to viruses, worms, and trojans, all of which Microsoft's own software (namely Outlook and Internet Explorer) significantly helped to propagate. It's sickening.

As far as what you do next, I feel the most important thing is to have reliability working perfectly. Otherwise receiving position packets and other per-player data is meaningless.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:54 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

>-( Your dumb graphic tried to set a cookie on my computer, Qndre! Grrrr.

Why's your server setting cookies on hosted graphics??
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
TCPA is not a big joke to them. There is a bill in congress that would make it illegal to operate a computer without TCPA-enabled hardware (cpu, mobo, hard drives, cd/dvd, sound/video boards) and software. It could be the case that files you create with your copy of Word are not viewable using another copy of Word, or another app (eg Open Office), and if you ever lose your "license" to use that copy of Word, then all files you created with that copy are rendered unreadable. You will not be able to rip music/movies into raw media files even for your own use. Does this all sound crazy? It should make you livid. The average person doesn't even know about this stuff, but it's already happening. If you have a creative labs sound board, you already have TCPA hardware ready to start taking over. If you installed WMP9, you already agreed (accepted install license) that it may prevent you from viewing (or even delete) files that it thinks you do not have permission to view. And of course all the TCPA stuff is being done under the guise of making computers resistant to viruses, worms, and trojans, all of which Microsoft's own software (namely Outlook and Internet Explorer) significantly helped to propagate. It's sickening.

As far as what you do next, I feel the most important thing is to have reliability working perfectly. Otherwise receiving position packets and other per-player data is meaningless.

I thought the Digital Millenium Act already provides that provision such that OpenOffice or whatnot isn't allowed to open the new MS Office documents because it contains encryption which is property of MS and what not, and any attempt to bypass it makes it illegal....

It'll be a bummer for the computer industry as a whole if such TCPA legislation passes, only showing how stupid congress can get.. they vote on measures, they know nothing of. heh thats my own opinion, and remarks to it probably shouldn't be posted here to make the topic off w/e.. yeah...

keep up the work w/ your app there man...
Qndre
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:30 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
TCPA is not a big joke to them. There is a bill in congress that would make it illegal to operate a computer without TCPA-enabled hardware ...

If this would happen I'd use Linux or throw my whole PC into the bin and buy a Macintosh. They can't make other computer systems illegal because you can sell what you want and Microsoft has NO way to decide about other companies. icon_exclaim.gif AND MICROSOFT CAN NOT CHANGE THE LAW!!! icon_exclaim.gif So if company "XYZcomputers" wants to build a system WITHOUT this TCPA then they are allowed to do this because this illusive law which would forbid this can never exist in democracy.
About "Cyan-Fire" who said that my (??) server would place a cookie... It's not my server. I only rent it for free so I get it ad-sponsored and the ad-people place cookies because AD only shows up on every second visit.
[..] But back to the topic. What can be the content of such a reliable packet? Can every packet be sent as reliable?
Quote:

and if you ever lose your "license" to use that copy of Word, then all files you created with that copy are rendered unreadable

Someone WILL crack it. I've heard it uses Triple-DES and the person who told about it said "Someone WILL crack it but it uses Triple-DES. And if Triple-DES is cracked then our computers don't matter any more because then we have a real problem..."
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:56 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You have to be prepared to handle ANY packet reliably and unreliably. In fact there are packets that are sent both ways. That is why I say reliability is a layer. All incoming packets must go through it. Unreliable packets get sent directly to the application layer, and reliable packets get acked (maybe), buffered (maybe), and queued for the application (maybe).
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:57 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

TCPA is not a Microsoft thing. It will apply to all computers and devices with CPU's in them: Windows, Linux, Mac, cell phones, PDA's, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 682 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.902767 seconds : 50 queries executed (69.7%): GZIP compression disabled