Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Microsoft Visual Studios 6.0

View previous topic  Java BDK Post :: Post need some basic help  View next topic  
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: Microsoft Visual Studios 6.0 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tutroial for merv .dlls:
anyone else done a search and found that the only available versions of Microsoft Visual Studios cost serveral hundred dollars. i suppose for mass-purchasing, like a company. They also have no home or personal edition that i can readily find, the f*ckers.

Is there anyother program that can compile whatever language the .dlls are written in?

or can anypost a .iso of thier cd? icon_smile.gif

Dr Brain> I hate clean air and clean water. I'm a member of Evil Conservitive Industries
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There are many compilers. Some free ones too. Just google for it. Dev-C++ was one I think. Not sure about the exact name
-"l33t h41ku"
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yah, i tried the bloodshed compiler (Dev C++), but i couldnt get it to compile. I didnt spend much time on it tho.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

download...pirated...copy
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Maybe I'll post an ISO tomorrow(Too late today)
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Drooooooool
Well, if your like me and tomorrow really means "when i care enough", just be sure its before wednesday, 2pm est. thats the last day of exams for me, which means last day of thier t1 and cd burner till next month.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It'll most likely be in... 7 hours, when I come back from school. Short day today icon_smile.gif
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There we go: ftp://sosnet.ath.cx:61024 You can get some... home moves of me here ^_^ Nothing illegal icon_twisted.gif
I recommend that you do not use Internet Explorer for this, BTW. IE likes to screw up connecting to FTPs.
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dammit.
my school is the only place i have acess to that has the bandwidth to download anything. im just a lowly dial-up.....
And, of course, they run XP.
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't see the problem sa_monocle.gif icon_eek.gif
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

how to write a merv dll with bloodshed's dev-c++ v4
directions dont quite line up with it, it seems they do, but it returns a file access denied error.
Rifle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I tried that compiler about a year ago... Only useful for making simple programs unless you`re experienced with C++... I suggest you try getting VC++ 6.0 or 7.0

-Rifleman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have: Visual C++ v6.0 Enterprise Addition
Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Addition
Got em for free biggrin.gif
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is not a Warez forum. You can buy Visual Studios for lots of money, or i recommend Dev-C++.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
i recommend Dev-C++

Have you got it to work? (with MERV sources I mean). I have tried both the gcc295 and the mingw32 versions. With a lot of fiddling I got one of the windows samples to compile, the dos/console sample also compiles, but any other projects don't. Am I missing some lib's or something, or is it just win98?
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I personally never dealt with MERV, since i have many other working bot cores i've dealt with (including my own), which have compiled fine. Try posting some of the outputed errors, it could be something as simple as needing to include some more lib's as you suggested. (Please attached the outputed data as a .txt instead of posting as text in a message, since i'm sure it will probably be more than just 5 lines.)
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have the damned Bloodshed Dev-C++
It Blows
Wont compile dlls
Ill yoink that one from you tomorrow SOS, when my T1 access is resored
Smong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

After searching Google I'm downloading 50megs of Watcom C/C++ because it's free and is supposed to come with MFC (I'm in no hurry). http://www.openwatcom.org/ftp/watcom-c-11.0c.exe
Smong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK, here is the compile "log". Dev-Cpp doesn't seem to output a .txt file or any other kind of file with logging information in it (maybe a checkbox somewhere?). This was trying to compile the merv tutorial. I used the "Import MS Visual C++" button and Dev-C++ 4.9.7.0 (so that's beta 5 I think).

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Dev-Cpp\Examples\merv32\default\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Dev-Cpp\Examples\merv32\default\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -c command.cpp -o command.o -I"C:/DEV-CPP/include" -I"C:/DEV-CPP/include" -D__GNUWIN32__ -W -DWIN32 -DNDEBUG -D_WINDOWS -D_MBCS -D_USRDLL -DDEFAULT_EXPORTS

g++.exe -c spawn.cpp -o spawn.o -I"C:/DEV-CPP/include" -I"C:/DEV-CPP/include" -D__GNUWIN32__ -W -DWIN32 -DNDEBUG -D_WINDOWS -D_MBCS -D_USRDLL -DDEFAULT_EXPORTS

g++.exe command.o spawn.o -o "default.exe" -L"C:/DEV-CPP/lib" -mwindows -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -I"C:/DEV-CPP/include" -I"C:/DEV-CPP/include" -D__GNUWIN32__ -W -DWIN32 -DNDEBUG -D_WINDOWS -D_MBCS -D_USRDLL -DDEFAULT_EXPORTS

Execution terminated
Compilation successful
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Umm.. the Compilation Successful looks like it worked there for you. All you need to do is link it together. What you need to do is instead of just compiling it, is to use the Build operation, which should make it into a dll for you.
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ditto, its not sickin em together
Smong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What about "Execution terminated", and the fact that there are no .o files? I can't find a "Build/Link" button, just Compile, and Rebuild All (theres also Compile & Run, Run and Debug).
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dev-C++ is a failure at this.
With MSVS6, on the other hand, ive already meade a simple plugin.
After convincing the computer guy at my school to let me FTP from my account, i started the DL from SOS. Turns out, he had a friggin copy, and let me copy it. All that work for that.........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 975 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.460144 seconds : 48 queries executed (92.9%): GZIP compression disabled