Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
linux server...

View previous topic  Spreading the news... Post :: Post Ttt  View next topic  
blackone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:35 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: linux server... Reply to topic Reply with quote

whats up with the linux server - i have found a newsitem dated oct 4 in the news archive of www.shanky.com but i cant find the server anywhere..

i just need a status update because thats about the only thing which keeps me from not running a server myself.. (yes, windows blows as a server icon_smile.gif)
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:16 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Its not done yet.

Wait in line like the rest of us icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:02 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The big hold up is that it doesn't support continuum encryption yet since priitk sent us part of the encryption code. A continuum client can connect, just it will default back to VIE encryption, which is easily hacked now-a-days. Still waiting on priitk...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
blackone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:04 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

might we expect it as a christmas present? :/
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:03 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sure, but don't ask what year.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Grelminar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:47 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ahem.

priitk never sent you anything, mgb, as far as I know :)

Cont encryption support is there, it's just limited in certain ways. I've talked with priitk about how to finish it, and I think he's planning on helping (one of the possibilities involves updating cont). Of course, it's priitk, so who knows how long that'll take.

Only part of it is waiting on priit. There are a few other things that need to get done before an inital release that are only waiting on me. Fortunately, I'm on my winter break now, and I plan on getting most of them done in the next month. We'll see how that works out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 663 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.491075 seconds : 31 queries executed (91.2%): GZIP compression disabled