Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Blah

View previous topic  <EG> or zone helpers or ref abil... Post :: Post Maps  View next topic  
Delta_5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Blah Reply to topic Reply with quote

nevermind. i have found the possible prob. (Damn QWest)

Last edited by Delta_5 on Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
DeadlySoldier!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

.....Right...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you found the problem, explain what you did to fix it. So if someone else has the same problem (no matter how stupid it seems), they can check what you did. Unless of course, your "fix" was format c:
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Delta_5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, i did run some tests, and it showed some qwest routers with some packetloss. I did email them. Don't know if it is fixed. I still have the problem. Would you know why the S2C ploss is at 0% while the C2S would be some crazy number (like -100% which i got this morning)? I will do some work on them, mess around with it and see what I can come up with.
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A screwed router obviously
-"l33t h41ku"
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

-100% packetloss means you receive every packet twice. The client knows to ignore most of them (reliable packets all have their own ids / ignores double timed position packets), so it doesn't effect you much. Just means somewhere along the line, the packet splits to different directions, and they both end up going to you.
Delta_5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That would explain it. It seems as that the qwest router that has the packetloss problem, switches ips (2 load balancing routers i am guessing). So packet would be sent to both and both arriving at the same time to the player... (Way i figured out that they alternate ip's is that i pinged the server, and noticed that they alternate) Would this be the cause of the problem?
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Of course non-reliables... sa_tongue.gif
If chat messages are set as unreliable, everything's sent/received twice... happened to me once sa_tongue.gif Took a while to figure it out.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Most zones have public messages as being unreliable for "distance" messages (ie: they arn't on your radar).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 689 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.739362 seconds : 34 queries executed (88.3%): GZIP compression disabled