|Mine GO BOOM
Joined: Aug 01 2002
Location: Las Vegas
|Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:50 am Post maybe stupid Post subject: READ ME: Zone Junk FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING!
|What is NOT accepted here:
- Multiple posts. If your zone has two posts on the front page advertising it, each one will be deleted.
- Cased letters. Your trying to get people to check out your zone, you don't need to yell at them for it. Most people skip things that are in all cases (hell, the board even WARNS you), and it looks very tacky.
- Large, annoying images. If you want to post a screenshot of your zone, make a link to it. You can post a small image (read small as < 50k and size is less than 300x300), and link to the larger ones with it. If it blinks, it will be removed.
- Making fun of another zone and then saying how yours is better. No one every won an arguement by saying "yours sucks, mine rules."
- Cursing. I do not want a filter on this forum. If you curse, it will be edited or deleted. If you continue cursing, you will be added to everyone's ignore list by default, so they can only view your post after clicking on a view ignored link.
- Asking for hosting. We have a specific forum just for that.
What is acceptable:
- Posting a well thought out description of your zone. Make the subject line your zone name, and describe why it is good inside. Do not post if your description is an expanded form of "my zone rules, you must come and play it."
- Starting a thread about problems in someone's zone. Please note that most large zones do have their own forums, which it is probably better to use theirs then, but smaller zones and those hosted in sub-arenas can feely use this forum as if their own.
- Stating new events happening in your zone. Please explain who can join in, what requires they might need to do before joining an event, times, where it is happening, etc. All the needed information. Don't forget your email address somewhere so people can get in direct contact with you if needed if your not a regular to this forum (using the Notify me when a reply is posted for registered users is very helpful in this case.)
- Telling when league finals are happening, or when a league is starting up again soon.
Any other questions, feel free to ask the moderators for this forum.