Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ass asss

View previous topic  Not really a bug, but rather a questio... Post :: Post ?go won't work with my asss server  View next topic  
mister manners

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: ass asss Reply to topic Reply with quote

is it any differrent, and in what way, and how can i get it to run on windows, and make a windows version, and make a better help guide, and make the existing subgamne easier, and make all ss zones on same billing, and have it free,and make it simple, so in any server, you can connect ot the main billing system new_evil.gif new_bigcrowd.gif grav_roll.gif new_silly.gif new_snipersmilie.gif new_blackey.gif new_argue.gif new_asthanos.gif grav_beer.gif grav_bigger.gif grav_flamethrower.gif grav_flamethrowingsmiley.gif grav_rocketwhore.gif grav_gore.gif sw_fight.gif nice smilies
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mister manners wrote:
how can i get it to ... connect ot the main billing system
I don't think that is allowed unless you own SSC or something very similar.

You can get windows binaries for 1.0rc1 here:
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=559
Running a test server is easy, just edit global.conf for the port and name.

Some of the commands are different (? and * both mean the same thing), but there's a handy ?help <command name> thing. Also public arenas don't have to all have the same map (I think).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is it different? Yes. How? It is a custom made server, written from nothing, started by Grelminar.

How to get the windows version? Link listed above. How to make the windows version from the source? First learn a bit about compiling smaller programs, then work your way up. Don't except to understand the full server in one sitting. Also, in the above link, there is a file you can download so you can have a premade workspace setup for Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, which should import fine with newer versions.

Better help guide? Hard when the software changes whenever Grelminar gets a new idea on how to fix things. The software is very dynamic, which means the help file will need to be too. So for setting it up, it takes a bit of practice. For how commands work, just use the in-game ?help system.

Make it simple? Semi-impossible. Sorry, just how it goes when it is being done for free.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

EDIT: Two posts split off into new thread titled Ass asss - The Smiley Version, as had nothing to do with topic.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 652 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.542464 seconds : 29 queries executed (95.4%): GZIP compression disabled