Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
?go won't work with my asss server

View previous topic  ass asss Post :: Post Autowarping  View next topic  
hairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: ?go won't work with my asss server Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hello,

I have setup a asss server but it won't do anything when i type ?go (thenarenaname). The only thing that works is when I type ?go then it just sends me back to the spawn where i started in that default arena.
Can someone help me?

-Thanks biggrin.gif
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Same happens here :-/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I figured out why this is happening I was using 1.1.0 but when I downloaded 1.0 and used it it worked.

-hairy biggrin.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ?go won't work with my asss server Reply to topic Reply with quote

hairy wrote:
Hello,

I have setup a asss server but it won't do anything when i type ?go (thenarenaname). The only thing that works is when I type ?go then it just sends me back to the spawn where i started in that default arena.
Can someone help me?

-Thanks biggrin.gif

go to conf/groupdef.dir folder & edit default

add cmd_go

hope it helps
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ?go won't work with my asss server Reply to topic Reply with quote

hairy wrote:
The only thing that works is when I type ?go then it just sends me back to the spawn where i started in that default arena.

I also thought of cmd_go, but the game actually sends arena requests in a special packet, not as a chat message. I also managed to get results with ?go scf, but it stayed at 0% downloaded.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
DBeckham

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ?go won't work with my asss server Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
I also thought of cmd_go, but the game actually sends arena requests in a special packet, not as a chat message. I also managed to get results with ?go scf, but it stayed at 0% downloaded.

it works on mine ok, i am using version 1.1.0 (latest development)
like i said when i was in as Guest i just added cmd_go to default & it worked
have a look at my settings see if it helps

From my default file
File attached

from my modules.conf
Sorry, my bad. When changing code sections to files (since so long), I forgot to upload this file. Please upload and link to it here

default.txt - 0.78 KB
File downloaded or viewed 57 time(s)

default.txt - 0.78 KB
File downloaded or viewed 57 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
DBeckham

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

heh i forgot to say i made a folder under arenas called pacman

under there i added
arenas/pacman
arena.conf
pacman.lvl

ive commented out LevelFiles = pacman.lvz
because i am having some problems with them (still figuring out how it works)

i had the same problem were it stayed at 0% downloaded & that was down to me setting the Map to packman.lvl instead of pacman.lvl (heh my bad spelling lol)

contents of arena.conf
File attached

arena.conf - 17.41 KB
File downloaded or viewed 34 time(s)

arena.conf - 17.41 KB
File downloaded or viewed 34 time(s)
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry, I added a required capability for ?go in 1.1, but I forgot to add it to the default groupdef files in the distribution. The required capability really is called "cmd_go", even though ?go isn't a normal command. I thought doing it that way would be the least confusing. Adding cmd_go to your conf/groupdef.dir/default file should work.

In other news, I've been fixing some other bugs and improving the recorder, and 1.1.1 might be ready soon.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
DBeckham

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Grelminar wrote:
In other news, I've been fixing some other bugs and improving the recorder, and 1.1.1 might be ready soon.

did you happen to add in a *scorereset / ?scorereset in 1.1.1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 656 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.512702 seconds : 36 queries executed (81.3%): GZIP compression disabled