Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
news.txt

View previous topic  ChatNet/?cheater Post :: Post Billing Server  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: news.txt Reply to topic Reply with quote

Some way to get the news.txt of the zone would be nice (it usually has zone rules in it). Maybe using a line and final line keyword or something. I'm not sure how you would do the checksums though as I can't get the Java crc class to match what asss/subgame says.

Edit: I guess the client could request the date of the news.txt on the server (hopefully the clocks will be similar). Then request the news.txt if it's newer (or request it anyway).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Or, just rip the crc code out of asss.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Asss uses zlib I think, and I don't think Java can call dll's.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Copy + paste was what I was thinking. I think It's only an algorithm, but if it does call zlib, I'm sure there is a soloution.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does the zlib DLL have source? If so, just copy the functions you need out and paste them in Java format.
divine.216

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not sure why it's assumed that chatclients are written in java, but here are some links:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/java/util/zip/package-summary.html
http://www.jcraft.com/jzlib/

That said, asss could just provide the news.txt over tcp directly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 666 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.555561 seconds : 31 queries executed (82.8%): GZIP compression disabled