Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Not really a bug, but rather a question...

View previous topic  ASSS running but zone still red Post :: Post ass asss  View next topic  
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Not really a bug, but rather a question... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, I looked for 5 minutes and couldn't find somewhere else to put it.

I use ASSS 1.1.0, and I can't seem to find a way to log in as sysop. I've added the lines to the staff.conf file, but I don't know if I did it right.

Code: Show/Hide

[Groups]
; this section is just "group-name = password"
; groups that aren't listed can't be logged into by password.
sysop = ********

[Staff]
; these are "playername = group"
Beans (v6)= sysop

~
~
~

except for the pass is an actual password on the top Group. Did I do something wrong or should it be letting me use sysop commands?

Also, what's the command like in subgame2 that does ?getsettings called in ASSS? (I haven't been able to find one)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also, does ASSS auto-re-read the config files? I ran it with -d (background) and then I couldn't find how to get it to stop or to reread the files.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not sure on this, but I think ?quickfix is the new ?getsettings/esc+c (file transfer doesn't work on windows), use "?help quickfix" to find out more.

I think there is a setting for how often the .conf files are re-read or you can just do ?reloadconf
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Created new forum for ASSS questions, to help assist in getting FAQs for it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong, that command is the command I was looking for, but currently I can't use it because I can't log in as sysop icon_cry.gif
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does anyone know why it won't work??

In the mean-time, while waiting for someone to help me fix my problem, I'm going to download ASSS 1.0, that way I can see if it's just 1.1.0.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ASSS 1.0 doesn't work either. new_let_it_all_out.gif new_let_it_all_out.gif
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Woops, that was me... new_let_it_all_out.gif

Still, it didn't work... new_let_it_all_out.gif
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For the [Staff] section to properly work you must either be registered with the biller or have an entry in passwd.conf (?passwd <ctm login password>).
Modules needed are core:capman and funky:auth_file.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay, it works now. Thanks for the info.

(btw is it just me or is the server lagging like hell?? I'm getting about 100 bytes/sec...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 649 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.492811 seconds : 35 queries executed (94.1%): GZIP compression disabled