Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
SubSpace 2?... (dont get too excited)

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  Going on vacation Post :: Post www.SubSpaceTwo.com (ssforum.net down,...  View next topic  
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: SubSpace 2?... (dont get too excited) This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Well, I, personally, don't really know what all the big commotion is about.
SilverPlatter was a developer of Peer2Peer technology, supposedly one which will save costs of operating central servers for MPOGs by using new and secure Peer2Peer technology.
They were to display ( http://www.silverplattersoftware.com/news.htm ) a working MPOG on this tech at a convention, but I never saw any news anywhere on it (even on gamespy, they faded after a single news).

Anyway, BDE grouped with this company (Horizon = SilverPlatter, Horizon's DEx = Alloy(tm) P2Ptech) to make this Peer2Peer technology for their new project - www.altnet.com.
A big Peer2Peer network for sharing information, vending songs for artists and hosting MPOGs.
SubSpace was supposed to be their prime flag ship product in the last section, to prove that this tech really works.

So, even that silverplatter has bitten the bullet, I doubt that BDE (the owners of BDE own the SS rights under a cash-company called Ozaq2) are going to stop there just because of that.
What they'll do with SS from there...well, this is a whole another unknown issue and your guess is as good as mine.

But getting all excited over Horizon/SP filing chapter 11, is hardly justified.
Because they just created the networking technology, if you will, part of "SS2", they were not developing the actual game.
And thus, I do not see a reason for them to make a big impact, as I'm sure BDE will rush to grab the tech, develop it further to completion, and the game itself is probably still being in continued development by whichever section of BDE which was handling it so far.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Manic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

woo wooo Gravy Train!
Lol. Still around i see
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I'm still going for the same fact, that back in VIE 1.25 (my Favorite version) days, that no company, ever, would make a profit from SubSpace, or any clone. And I still doubt that a SubSpace 2 will ever appear, or get more than 1,000 people playing it at once.

There just isn't much for 2D fighters. Unless someone could port this to a Gameboy Advance and get wireless going for it at the same time, SubSpace will still be 'dead.'
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

game boy adv... my kid brother has one of those.
I don't think it has enough tiny, brightly colored button to facilitate subspace
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

sigh...bumpers
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
I'm still going for the same fact, that back in VIE 1.25 (my Favorite version) days, that no company, ever, would make a profit from SubSpace, or any clone. And I still doubt that a SubSpace 2 will ever appear, or get more than 1,000 people playing it at once.

Like Infantry?

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

What are those computers called that can fit in your pocket? And you can play games like Tomb Rader on at a fairly good pace too. Just be in range of an internet field area that is plated in somewhere and go on Continuum and voila!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Pantalaimon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Quote:
What are those computers called that can fit in your pocket? And you can play games like Tomb Rader on at a fairly good pace too. Just be in range of an internet field area that is plated in somewhere and go on Continuum and voila!

It's called an N-Gage I think
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Donkano wrote:

it's called a pocketpc or a pda, smartphone, etc
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Cookieteam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: PDAs I think This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Its a PDA Handheld. I have two Palms (best make i reckon). Anyways they do have Internet Wireless Failities but the Speed just aint fast enough. The Internet Speeds about half the speed of a pc dial up so it would be at super lag level.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Lol.

Akai wrote:
sigh...bumpers

This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

-boing-

I believe the maximum configurable connection speed for a Palm out-of-the-box is 115,200 bps, 92kb/s? Since everything is in RAM there is no speed loss reading data (vs. hard disk) and even older models are at least 33MHz.

I also have two Palm's, but one is so old you can only reliably use the IR port for file transfer, not gaming (my other has bluetooth, so no problem there).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: