Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Need Aid.. :)

View previous topic  In game editor? Post :: Post How do I add a ball to the map?  View next topic  
es.xxi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Need Aid.. :) Reply to topic Reply with quote

I need to know the following, if possible... biggrin.gif
? What to edit in config or ini file to fix the powerball's spawn point at 512*512
? Is there anything the powerball does not move through?

I appreciate any help. icon_smile.gif
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Aid.. :) Reply to topic Reply with quote

es.xxi wrote:
I need to know the following, if possible... biggrin.gif
? What to edit in config or ini file to fix the powerball's spawn point at 512*512

can't be fixed exactly at 512, 512 (...well, I think ASSS can do this easily) - but to get it very near 512, 512, you'd want to alter the setting "Prize:MinimumVirtual=" ...probably set it to 1 or 0, just know that this will affect the location of your prizes (greens) and flags as well

es.xxi wrote:
? Is there anything the powerball does not move through?

by default the powerball should not move through walls, look to the setting "Soccer:BallBounce="

es.xxi wrote:
I appreciate any help. icon_smile.gif

np
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
es.xxi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks alot. Is there a way to set where players spawn?
Katie
Required materials: Hulk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Add a section lik this to your server.cfg.

Quote:
[Spawn]
Team0-X=508
Team0-Y=1006
Team0-Radius=1
Team1-X=522
Team1-Y=1006
Team1-Radius=1
Team2-X=508
Team2-Y=1020
Team2-Radius=1
Team3-X=522
Team3-Y=1020
Team3-Radius=1

Where "Team" means frequency, the coords are X&Y, and the radius is how many tiles out from the X,Y coordinate you want the players to be able to spawn from. (E.G., Radius=3 would allow ships to spawn at 3,2, & 1.)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks!! icon_smile.gif
es.xxi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've tried and it won't work, it keeps spawning players all over the map. Here is what I put in server.cfg;

Quote:
[Spawn]
Team0-X=432
Team0-Y=512
Team0-Radius=3
Team1-X=492
Team1-Y=512
Team1-Radius=3
Team2-X=512
Team2-Y=512
Team2-Radius=3
Team3-X=512
Team3-Y=512
Team3-Radius=3
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

if the [Spawn] section was not already in your server.cfg, it wasn't there for a reason

make sure you are using the latest server.zip files for your server
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
es.xxi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is there anyway I can tell what version I use? (That zip doesn't have a server.cfg file in either.. :/)
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the server.cfg is automatically created when you run the zone (or enter it...I forget)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ohhh! Thanks, I'll try that now! ^_^
Katie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No matter what "latest version" of the .cfg I've used, i've never had any problem with adding the [Spawn] section to it. Even when I still used... the biller before last (I think).
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just do an ESC+C in game, and all the new stuff are in there.
Katie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You mean it would update your server.cfg for you?

*looks around, rather confused*
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you would do a ?setsettings with the newly created server.set (assuming main arena), then yes, it would create the blank lines into the server.cfg for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 271 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.568004 seconds : 39 queries executed (80.4%): GZIP compression disabled