Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
question

View previous topic  Sysopcheck=1? Post :: Post basic help  View next topic  
K

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: question Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can enter my zone... after I put the IP number in the zone.dat, but now noone else can join? What did I do wrong? I understand I have to change the IP everytime I reboot, but why doesn't it let other people join? It comes up on the server list, but goes dead on the list. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

TIA

I<
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is a firewall/router between your server and the general internet. open the server's port in [misc] and that same port + 1.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you familiar with D-Link routers?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kinda, I have one, but I don't like it much. I'm not currently using it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah I didn't liked it neither.
So I threw it away and got checkpoint's instead.
So anyhow, I'm on a hub, with the said above router/firewall, and I have no idea how to open those ports.
Even the days before it, when we used SyGate program, which is not a firewall, to connect the entire network on all its computers to the internet, I still had the same problem.
With all my knowledge on the server soft, I was never able to solve this problem,
And as far as I know anyone who was on a network had this problem.
So, there comes the question, how in the life of me can I get my comp on node #X on the network to run a server that ppl can connect to?

(Even helpers need help).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have a sonicwall firewall, and I run my backup server off my comp. Maybe there is a port redirect option on your "gateway device", that would work. I know you can do it with the d-link you trashed...
K

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Do you... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Grav, do you mean for instance.... if my port # is 1000... type 1000+1 or 1001???
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That would be Dr brian, not grav (who cant get it to even work on his tongue.gif). And yes, its 1000 and 1001 in your example, in my case its 2350 and 2351.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Zones normally use the main port you select as the operational port. The Port number + 1 is the ping port. This is what your client uses to message zones to ask for how many players are in there. So if you have your 1000 port open, people can enter and play in your zone, just it will always look offline, since the 'ping' goes on 1001.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

neat, I always assumed it was the other way around...
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not a router guy, and that d-link had like 400 pages manual, hell if I'm gonng read that.
Couldn't they just made some DOS commands or some GUI that allows you to communicate with the router and administer ports?
Sigh.

I tried to use netstat to find open ports, dun matter if ya can see ping or not, my zone is dead, period.
I'm the only one where SS is dumb enough not to realise that my comp is on a network node and get stuck on the router (or main comp that was connected to the internet at the time).
I download my zone from the list, I check the IP listed for it, I goto my zone, I use sysop to check my IP, guess what, two different things.
That other IP is stuck somewhere at the ISP even, never reaches my home.
What a piss.
Is it too hard for SS to tell the router IP and change the last digit to node X so it gets to my comp?
Shrug.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Most "gateway devices" have a web GUI that you can access by just typing in their IP in a web browser.
Rokiante

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: err Reply to topic Reply with quote

How exactly do you tell your firewall to open ports?
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

look in your f/w manual for "port forwarding" or "opening ports"
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try this link: <a href="http://192.168.1.1/">http://192.168.1.1</a>
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 684 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.480414 seconds : 40 queries executed (93.5%): GZIP compression disabled