Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
sure yet if the right-hander will work out of the rotation

View previous topic  is prohibited for use on the field by ... Post ::     
magliamessi10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:49 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: sure yet if the right-hander will work out of the rotation Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mookie Betts, Red Sox argue 1st arbitration case of year
Mookie Betts and the Boston Red Sox have

Custom Football Jerseys
argued the first salary arbitration case of the year, with the All-Star outfielder asking for a raise from $950,000 to $10.5 million and the team offering $7.5 million.

Arbitrators Daniel Brent, Mark Burstein, Phillip LaPorte heard arguments Tuesday, and a decision is expected Wednesday.

The 25-year-old, eligible for arbitration for the first time, hit .264 with 24 homers and 102 RBIs last year, when he made his second straight AL All-Star team. He batted .318 with 31 homers and 113 RBIs in 2016.

His gap was the largest among the 27 players who swapped figures with their teams on Jan. 12. Just two of them reached agreements, leaving the rest headed toward hearings, which are scheduled through Feb. 16. Among those are three members of the World Series champion Houston Astros: outfielder George Springer, closer Ken Giles and pitcher Collin McHugh.

Teams won eight of 15 decisions last winter, the most
Customized Argentina Jersey hearings since clubs went 10-6 in 2004. Several clubs refused to negotiate after the exchange of proposed arbitration salaries, a so-called "file and trial" strategy.

Teams have a 302-224 edge since arbitration started in 1974.
As one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, Alex Reyes was expected to play a vital role for St. Louis last season.

That was before Reyes suffered an elbow injury during spring training and missed the regular season after surgery.

After a year of rehabilitation, the 23-year-old Reyes is back and ready for spring training for St. Louis — and he's in the best shape of his career. Thanks to a year's worth of physical conditioning Custom Dallas Cowboys Jerseys while away from the game, Reyes has dropped 10-15 pounds, and he's already in Florida doing some light throwing in preparation for camp in a few weeks.

Reyes is hoping the off-the-field work helps him regain the form that led to a 1.57 ERA and 52 strikeouts in 46 innings while splitting time between the starting rotation and bullpen in his first go-around with the Cardinals in 2016.

"Our goal from the beginning was just to get as strong as possible, and do it in a way where it's going to help me in the future," Reyes said. "I think we've done a great job this offseason, and throughout the year I had off with not pitching, and focusing on my strengthening program."

St. Louis President John Mozeliak has set a "soft date" of May 1 for Reyes' return to the staff, though he's not sure yet if the right-hander will work out of the rotation or bullpen this season.

Mozeliak is wary of putting unreasonable expectations on such an important part of St. Louis' present and future, a key reason he's keeping the options open.

"I don't want this to be one of those where we're pushing Custom Chicago Cubs Jerseys
him because of a need," Mozeliak said. "If we're pushing him because he's ready and everything's going well on his account, then I think that's a little different. But I also don't want to wake up in September and find out we can't use him."
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 89 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.083199 seconds : 26 queries executed (65.1%): GZIP compression disabled