Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
New Directory Server Mirror ssdir.playsubspace.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  Zone idea. Who wants to help? Post :: Post Machine Wars  View next topic  
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: New Directory Server Mirror ssdir.playsubspace.com Reply to topic Reply with quote

In view of the fact there is currently only one directory server, i have setup this backup mirror.

ssdir.playsubspace.com

Please note max simultanious client connections are currently limited to 1.
edit: this has been upped to 10 sim connections now.
edit:

Please not the server is not independent its part of the PSS (Play SubSpace) network.

Rules:
- The server is open for all.
- IPs that attempt or suceed in intentionally crashing the server will be
banned from PSS. (iptables ban)

Last edited by Doc Flabby on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 4 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A second directory server would only work if you can get all of the zones (or at least the major ones) to have this directory server in their server.ini. I hope you can get this done.

Nonetheless, good initiative. Keep it up icon_smile.gif

What directory server are you running? Catid's?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yes, i'm using catid's, i've modified it very slighlty and i'm running it on linux server.

Last edited by Doc Flabby on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How did you get it to run on a linux server? With gcc?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wine tongue.gif

i'm lazy
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Downtime. I'm currently in the process installing and upgrading other software on the server expect the directory to fully operational again in approx 24h, so if you cant reach it at the moment don't be surprised.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Directory Server is fully operational, add it to your server.ini!
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Allow more then a single concurrent client (its not like it will get leeched) (and even if it does, its not like MB's of data are send to the client).
new_infinity.gif
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't think I explained this very clearly.

As i understand it there is NO limit (or indeed an option to do so) on the number of client (continuum) downloads.

Limit to one (zone client) upload at a time.
Bandwidth isnt a problem my main concern is memory + cpu usage as the server as i'm running other apps on it tongue.gif

These are my settings (defaults):

Code: Show/Hide

[Core]

// No data kickoff delay from subspace
PacketSilenceLimit=2000

// Higher numbers mean faster uploads, but more ploss
MaxReliableInTransit=3

// Decrease this number if you want to minimize b/w
ChunkSize=496

// PriitK's directories aren't compatible
ClusterMode=0

// Maximum number of simultaneous uploads
MaxHosts=1

Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
my main concern is memory + cpu usage as the server as i'm running other apps on it

Meaning that the directory server will become unresponsive while you play your computer games?
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

no this is a serious attempt at providing a directory server.

Its running on a linux vps box (thank you vpslink.com) with 256MB guarenteed RAM served by a shared gigabit connection.

Other services running on it are a webserver (which is running www.getsubspace.com and will be running a new site im still working on ) and a biller and asss.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, alright. Just wondering. icon_biggrin.gif
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:
Bandwidth isnt a problem my main concern is memory + cpu usage as the server as i'm running other apps on it tongue.gif
Having more then one concurrent (simultaneous) connections won't really take that much more memory, right?
Changing it to 5 will make it more accessible as a backup directory server, imo.

Still, keep up the good work icon_smile.gif
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, im willing to host your directory on my dedicated server if you would like. Im always willing to help SS icon_smile.gif

Just contact me and we'll discuss it further. Seeing as how I am the owner of SST, I am willing to insert the directory into the Server.ini of all the zones I host. I can also try and get others to insert it, also.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I will contact you when I get home back from work.

I've just had a look at your website, and a few things have clicked tongue.gif
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hows it going, flabby? Already got some zones hooked up? Are you hosted by Confess now? icon_smile.gif
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ah confess has some ideas of how to improve CatId's so when i get a chance im going to try and do that.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Have you checked out the other directory servers out there?
Even Priitk's directory server is downloadable. There is also a 'JEDirectoryServer', no source but looks cool though.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CatIds is the only one i found with the source. I'm acctually neglecting this project at the moment for a bit, i seem to have 100s of more important things to do at the moment tongue.gif
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

just a reminder to add ssdir.playsubspace.com or just playsubspace.com to your directory server listing in server.ini. Max sim connections has been upped too icon_smile.gif
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Get all the major zones to do it; asking here won't help you a bit - you have to PM the sysops icon_wink.gif
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is this tied to the Default billers still? (and is it still online?)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tied to default billers? As in cloning their lists as well as accepting new entries directly?

Yes ssdir.get/playsubspace.com still work.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Its still up. The new config settings allowing more connections seem to have improved its performance as well.

Its not tied to any biller.
Its only affiliation is with the PSS billing network. Which hosts the PSSF zones.

It accepts new entries (direct connections) and clones entries it does not have by downloading the zonelist from the main directory server. Thus providing a complete and usable backup/alternative.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Get more zones to connect to the server!

The main directory server (priitk's) is currently down and the population statistics are showing the statistics coming from ssdir.playsubspace.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 669 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.432862 seconds : 51 queries executed (90.2%): GZIP compression disabled