Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Bryce 3D Ship Rendering

View previous topic  Glitch with Bak's java lvl/lvz editor... Post :: Post LVZ Suite (Project moved to another si...  View next topic  
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Bryce 3D Ship Rendering Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay, this is not a program, but it looks to be a hassle to get it on subspacedownloads.com right now and I want it to be online because I always lose track of it on my computer.

This file contains a tutorial and templates for Bryce3d/4/5 that makes it very easy to get ship images for SubSpace. Basically you make a model, stick it into a template, tweak things a tad press a button and then you have all the images for rotation and rolling if you want. Maybe sort the frames a bit and you're done.

This was put together by ZigNotZag, a good ole SubSpace ship creator.

I think it's probably the best thing out there for ship making and that it's just been neglected because not so many people know about it.

You need Bryce, but that's what kazaa lite is for. sa_tongue.gif

ZigNotZag's templates/tutorial for easily rendering a model for SubSpace using Bryce3d/4/5

bryce_ship_tutorial.zip - 23.53 KB
File downloaded or viewed 564 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Big D.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If people wanna make 3D ship models, Bryce probably shouldn't be their first choice. It's mostly for landscapes.

For 3D models, they can use Lightwave, Truespace, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Softimage|3D and so on. All you gotta do after that is render the spinning ship and put all the small files in a shipX.bm2 file (where "X" is a ship number between 1 and 8)...Make sure you place them right though.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ah, so I guess this file is useless

I guess there's no point in making available a file that makes the creation of the ton of different angles required for rolling images really REALLY easy...[/sarcasm]

plebe
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
VampZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i have a programing for combining the 40 images that bryce spits out when you render the animation (using the series of .bmp setting) and it'll combine them into a fromat subspace can use. If you want it email me at vamperz@yahoo.com
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

just attach it here
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

here ya go

EZ Image Combiner.zip - 172.68 KB
File downloaded or viewed 104 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I thought bryce was free anyways?

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

no
ZiGNoTZaG
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

those other programs are better for creating complex objects, but they are just that....pretty complex.

bryce is by far the easiest to use. and like Suse says. ya got the animation all ready to go.

rotating one ship around 360 degrees is pretty easy. but go ahead and set up the rolls icon_smile.gif thats the real trick.

btw, i got one of them image splicers too. ya can get it at ssdl's icon_smile.gif

"shiptiler.zip" in the editors section. just fyi.

its dynamic, and will pretty much assemble anything into a layout of your choosing.( as long as its a bmp, jpg, or gif that is ) hehe sa_tongue.gif

in theory a person that didnt really understand much at all about actually even making 3d ships could make some with my setup.

get bryce, play with it some, add some objects, take some out, render them.

search the web for free 3d files, free DXF files, free 3ds files......

http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/meshes.asp

download that tutorial, read.

download image splicer.

make ships.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
ZiGNoTZaG
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ive updated my image tiler to include the ss ship functionality.

now going from the frame output of my full roll ani. template to 2 bmps is as easy as a few clicks no matter the image size.

ShipTiler.zip - 78.18 KB
File downloaded or viewed 64 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 702 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.560211 seconds : 37 queries executed (77.0%): GZIP compression disabled