Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Complete Trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrashhhhh

View previous topic  PNG - Better for images than bmp, gif,... Post :: Post The cotton gin bot..  View next topic  
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:01 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Complete Trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrashhhhh Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is a complete trash post. Just being posted because Internet Explorer is being an idiot and I need to see if it will post the new topic correctly.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:02 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, it did.. sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:57 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

www.mozilla.org icon_wink.gif

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:12 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebird ;)

Fixed it for you.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:30 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

www.opera.com

Even with the ads (or fee) I still like it better than anything.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:37 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I love firebird icon_smile.gif and opera.. but ... it's ad free so hehehe (and it has nice simple themes w/ easy dloading/install for plugins)

- cyp
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:58 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I use plain old mozilla, because I like the mail client too. I was thinking of looking at firebird, but I haven't had time.
FudLe Pucker
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:31 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

why are these browsers better than IE
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You mean besides the lack of computer killing bugs, and the fact that they work better?

Well, mozilla has tabbed browsing, which will change the way you use the web (for the better).
cypher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:27 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mozilla is standard compliant.. so it displays webpages correctly, and runs javascript correctly unlike IE...

-cyph

p.s. didnt feel like logging in to post this haha
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:33 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah. Opera is standard compliant (evil IE Javascript menus :-/) and uses tabbed browsing, and has mouse gestures/shortcuts and has an awesome mail system (one big database, folders by criteria), none of which IE has. IE also takes just as long to load as Opera, but IE is always running with windows anyway.
Lol Mine you might wanna delete this post until it becomes full-scale browser wars. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:02 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, the Trash Talk forums are unmoderated (for the most part), so let it flame it if does.

Anyways, why * > IE? No browser (minus Netscape 4) has EVER been the source of a problem to let anyone gain full access to your system by you just visiting their website (this ignores DirectX bugs like the midi one recently) except IE. That a good enough reason to switch? Hell, if you love IE's layout, get MyIE2 which is pretty much mozilla with an IE theme placed over it for you.
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:20 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I stick to IE since excpt anti-MS/IE netscape fanatics, which their sites never interest me anyway to begin with, every website supports and requires IE to run properly.
It is also a MS crapware, so it is less likely to die when you run other MS crapware or a MS crapOS.
Besides that, I've grown accustomed to it, and all the features that it has.

When someone can come to me with something as "reliable", and I use the term loosely, or say if linux/unix can run games without a problem like windows does nowdays, then I have no problem to switch on the moment in an instant.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:44 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gravitron wrote:
every website supports and requires IE to run properly.

I have only found 2 websites that didn't display correctly with mozilla, in the past 6 months that I have been using it.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:29 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
I have only found 2 websites that didn't display correctly with mozilla, in the past 6 months that I have been using it.

Did it actually display correctly in IE? So far, I have yet to find a website that doesn't require ActiveX (ie: windows update) that will not work better or the same in mozilla core. There are a few websites that will screw up mozilla on purpose (i believe msn did this to Opera not long ago), but if you get the plugin to change your User Agent string to something different, or even IE, it will work 100%.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yea, it displayed in IE acceptably. It was basicly a badly coded form, and one of the required feilds dissapeared. I forgot what #2 was (maybe there was no #2 icon_smile.gif).
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:16 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Most of the sites I visit use activeX, if I disable it the site becomes useless.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:20 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Only site I know of that uses ActiveX is Windows Update. Everything else uses plugins (which work fine).
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:21 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I personally think that Lynx (a text-based browser) is better than most all browsers. It has a couple minor flaws, but it loads pages up PAST 500% faster (if they have pictures) because it's text-based, i.e. doesn't download pictures.

And it's nice to view manuals with, too, because the manuals always have so many "See <blah>" links, and Lynx allows you to change links without the mouse, then just Left Arrow to follow them, Right Arrow to go back. It's easy.

It can't be a security problem, it even asks if you want to accept each individual cookie! It doesn't do META refresh things, (a little problem) but most pages have a "click here if you don't want to wait" link or something. Basically, it works, and I like it. No offense to any other browsers though.

Browsers I like (from best to worst):
Opera
Lynx
Mozilla
Netscape
Internet Explorer

I use inet exp a lot though... even though there's a patch about every week or so. Probably because I don't have the time to download Opera. BTW: ANYTHING owns Internet Explorer, almost, except for ONE browser I tried that wouldn't even run (!)
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:55 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

AlphaBoB wrote:
except for ONE browser I tried that wouldn't even run (!)

Its still better tongue.gif
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, someone else who uses Lynx? Its great for remote browsing, as I can just SSH home and use it. But 96% of the time, I use Firebird with some nice kickass plugins, one even made by myself (it sucks for anyone but myself to use, hehe). 3% of the time I use Lynx, 1% using wget to browse websites, and the other 1% is using IE to do windows update atleast once a day.

I even use Firebird off a custom zip when I'm at college computer labs, so I never see an unwanted popup, ever, for the past year+ now.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:04 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So is this Lynx in a console? I tried Links Hacked with DSL, it was a lot like acrobat reader (blurred fonts) and the quick reply box didn't show up. I guess Lynx and Links are completely different (like the "program" in the xvesa/fluxbox(?) called exit...).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:08 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yea, Lynx is has less features than Links, and Links has less than w3m.
MeZ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:27 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Please just STFU. tongue.gif this is not called trash talk, please I want a challenge in a free style. Bitches. Hehehe icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
AlphaBoB
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:30 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

MeZ wrote:
this is not called trash talk

The forum's name is "Trash Talk"..................
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 652 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.820875 seconds : 50 queries executed (69.0%): GZIP compression disabled