Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ASSS running but zone still red

View previous topic  I want your ASSS Post :: Post Not really a bug, but rather a questio...  View next topic  
Kood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: ASSS running but zone still red Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay, ASSS is running under RH9 on one PC in my network.

I've added a custom zone to Continuum .38 and .39 with the IP (192.168.1.1) and port (5000). Yet it stays red, and timeouts when trying to connect.

ASSS is running, netstat/nmap/lsof all confirm it, plus the console is up saying 'D <persist> Collecting all persistent data...' kind of messages after the modules were loaded.

Can Continuum connect to local network IPs like that?

P.S. No firewall is running to block anything.
Sidenote: What port over TCP does chatnet run on? 5002?
Kood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

P.P.S. I'm connecting with Ctm from 192.168.1.2 (not externally, lol)
Kood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nevermind about the chatnet, it is 5002. Got it.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So, let me get this straight. You can connect with the chatnet protocol, but not continuum?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

192.168.1.1 sounds like your router's IP. You sure that's right?
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Kood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry it was a side question... I can't connect at all.

nmap shows 5000/udp open, and 5001/udp open. As well as 5002/tcp open.

But neither Continuum or my Chatnet program can connect to the server.

2 computers, no router just a hub.
Linux box / ASSS : 192.168.1.1
Windows box / Continuum : 192.168.1.2
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am assuming you are connecting from continuum to the correct IP, and not the one downloaded with the directory server.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah I added a 'Custom Server' to the zone list. :/
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are other zones green on the list? (assuming you have an internet connection)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Kood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, external zones are green. (like T3/DZ/EG)
But my internal one is red. :/
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Have you tried entering the zone? Sometime weird things go on with the ping port, but you can play the zone fine.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, I tried but it just timeouts.
Btw, I still have the zone running from when I started it before this post. lol.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My only thought is that there is a firewall between the computers, there is a firewall on the server, or somehow the sockets aren't open.

It it's none of those, I can't help, but maybe MGB or Grel minar can.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here's a guess:
Do both computers have the same subnet mask? Or at least the last number as 0 (any.any.any.0)?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What I'm guessing is that maybe another program is sucking up that certain port. Try changing it to something like 11000. Also, can anyone else on the internet connect?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 679 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.504039 seconds : 40 queries executed (93.6%): GZIP compression disabled