Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Great idea for people who know how to code!(not me)

View previous topic  Subscape Alpha Post ::     

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Great idea for people who know how to code!(not me) Reply to topic Reply with quote

Would it be possible to fashion an iPhone app for continuum. There's already continuum radio stations and here I am thinking, something was just missing. As I lay in bed, reminiscing of my old nights cooped up in my parents house, chugging mountain dew, kill streakin on tw javs. I really miss that and when I get on my computer I now have other business to attend to.

Continuum would be a great game to play on the iPhone. I would get back into it, for sure.

Now the meat, for the doers:
imagine a screenshot of subspace,
Take half an inch off each side:
On the left, ctrl shift tab esc,
other side, arrow keys, above that, mine rep burst decoy portal brick rocket Thor

Put some style on the esc menu and maybe add a button for radio stations in said menu and guess what you got?
Continuum anytime!
The last thing I want to do is seem pushy but this could be made possible, and if someone decides to do it, you better credit me!
Hehe, could be some money in it, just thought I'd share my idea with people that have the know how, so if anyone wants to work on this I'm sure it would take no longer than a week if done legit.

Cheers! Pump life into this lost treasure!
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I suggested a very similar thing, except that it would only go as far as spectate-only. Going any farther than that would probably end up in failure in regards to physics and cheat detection schemes in Subgame.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sure it would take no longer than a week
lool
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i have been wondering what language the iphone apps were written in, and it seems like it should be easy to port chatnut, at the least...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
i have been wondering what language the iphone apps were written in, and it seems like it should be easy to port chatnut, at the least...

Objective C. Proprietary Mac-only language. But there is at least one project, Monotouch, that lets you program iphone apps in C#, I assume there are probably projects for other languages, as well.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Objective C is neither proprietary nor mac-only. It just happens to be rarely used outside of Apple related software.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can use Objective-C++ too (right?). It exists, generally. I think you can for the iPhone. In principle you should be able to. It would take two seconds to confirm or deny whether this is already supported.

Anyway, if you've got a bunch of C++ code lying around, that makes life easier.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

iPhone is soon to support flash (thank god) once Flash CS5 is released.

On another note (since the Flash->iPhone system will certainly be limited) I keep imagining subspace written in actionscript 3.0. Would be kind of funny for AS3 (actionscript 3) to connect to AS3 (asss).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
MINDSINK

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

subscape will be cross-platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dR9S8lFwDo
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 523 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.456135 seconds : 34 queries executed (83.2%): GZIP compression disabled