Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Player counter/Can't enter zone

View previous topic  Racetrack frequencies Post :: Post hmm i need a sysop  View next topic  
HalfCalibur

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: Player counter/Can't enter zone Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSHQ used to have a counter that showed the number of players in SS at the time...does anyone have the script for this or know how to do it?

And also... I set up a new server following MGB's how to set up a server article, but I cannot enter the zone. It just tries to connect for a while until I get the "can't connect" message. Any ideas?

Peace.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

look at www.ss-wc.com under 'zone population'

do you have a router/firewall?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

is the zone red? are your ports and ip's correct? is there any output in your server or biller when you try to connect? what is it?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
HalfCalibur

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The SubGame doesn't show anything when I try to connect... and yes this computer is connected through a router, i'm guessing that's the reason i'm having problems?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

your router doesn't recognize the subspace data as "safe" when it comes in from the internet and drops it. You need to do port-forwarding of your zone's port and said port # plus one, or put the server on a DMZ server. Look in your router documentation as to how to do this. As for the ports, here's an example: my zone is hosted on port 1000, so on my router (if I had gotten rid of dial-up yet, heh) i would forward ports 1000 and 1001 to the computer on the LAN with the zone server on it. The main port is the data one and the main port +1 is, i'm told, for pinging only. So if you really wanted to, you could only forward the server port, but your server will look dead. Unless I'm mistaken, however, people can still log in and play normally. It just doesn't ping. I'm not sure if this applies to in-game ping and/or packetloss, just the zone screen. But why would you want to do that? Just forward both ports to the correct ip address locally, or (easier, but less safe) put them on a DMZ so that the internet can see it completely. Best of luck.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

also, when you do that, the zone will still appear red for YOU. to fix this add an entry to your zone.dat in your continuum folder (cont MUST not be running when you do this). The entry should contian your ip address on your LAN. (use winipcfg to find it)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
The entry should contian your ip address on your LAN. (use winipcfg to find it)

Or the usual 127.*.*.*
-"l33t h41ku"
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
look at www.ss-wc.com under 'zone population'

do you have a router/firewall?

Is there a way to put a counter on your own website?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 668 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.449063 seconds : 33 queries executed (94.8%): GZIP compression disabled