Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Two questions

View previous topic  Python Set list Post :: Post Earlier these days, a put up in the ne...  View next topic  
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Two questions Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have two questions regarding my compilation/asss 1.5.0 rc1:

1. What exactly would cause the zone to not forward the population count to the client/directory server?

2. Since fm_normal is now deprecated, how do you get teams to balance properly? (Players entering an arena seem to simply get stacked all on the same team)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Two questions Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hakaku wrote:
1. What exactly would cause the zone to not forward the population count to the client/directory server?

Do you have the correct directory servers listed? Did you choose a unique first-word? If your first word isn't unique enough (like you are trying to do SSCL, the SSC matches) you may be required to enter a directory password to support the first word. So give your zone a name like "Hakaku's Funhouse" and see if that works.

If you show up fine in the directory listings, but in Continuum it doesn't show, you need to open up your firewall for your server's port plus one. So if your zone uses port 5000, 5001 is the port used for server counts.
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Two questions Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
If you show up fine in the directory listings, but in Continuum it doesn't show, you need to open up your firewall for your server's port plus one. So if your zone uses port 5000, 5001 is the port used for server counts.

The zone appears fine in the directory server listing and Continuum recognizes it. I'm just getting a population count of 0 regardless of the number of players within the zone. Edit: I managed to figure out how to open up the port properly, it's now fixed.
numpf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A new freqman (that's been tested in HS/HZ for at least a year) was merged into default Aug 15. The freqman prior to that is known to be broken. see:
https://bitbucket.org/grelminar/asss/issue/92/create-player-count-based-balancer

There are still outstanding issues that you might be able to work around for your purposes. If you can't I will make time to code a fix.

-numpf
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
zurkan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: post a link Reply to topic Reply with quote

My problem is the links to the set up guides are dead
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what are you trying to set up
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No sense replying to a bot.

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=8939&highlight=my+problem+is+the+links+to+set+up+guides+are+dead
Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

usually the piles of shit are more incoherent, and theres still a chance it might have been a legitimate newb

meanwhile still waiting for that "what is a warbird" signup question from mgb
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
usually the piles of shit are more incoherent, and theres still a chance it might have been a legitimate newb

Bots will create accounts and posts, copied some random phrase from another post on the forums to bypass spam filters. Then they come back 1 or 6 months later and edit all their posts to spam, or add signatures that are spam. I usually delete the user and the posts, but since you guys are replying, I only deleted their account and thus the post is no longer editable.

Cheese wrote:
meanwhile still waiting for that "what is a warbird" signup question from mgb

Eh, it isn't too much trouble. And the basic anti-spam stuff I put in (ignoring captcha) stops around 2000 post attempts a day, so a few getting through while not blocking a single good user is acceptable to me. Plus the guys getting through are real people in remote countries (Pakistan is the popular one recently) that actually work around the spam filters in place, so adding a "What is a warbird" question won't stop them as long as it is multiple choice. I had one user go through 20 pages of manual sign up stuff with checkboxes that are sometimes required checked, and sometimes not, so they are very determined for their pennies to post here.
Cheese

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so make it an open ended question that is very specific

"in 2 letters, what is a warbird?"

"in 4 letters, what is this a picture of?" (a terrier)

etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 439 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.619257 seconds : 35 queries executed (85.6%): GZIP compression disabled