Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Server Disconnect Issue

View previous topic  flag drop radius Post :: Post Server not connected  View next topic  
Gallitin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Server Disconnect Issue Reply to topic Reply with quote

Last night I got disconnected and it won't let me connect back to the server. I was logged in as smod using commands for a tourney. I'm not sure what the issue was. Is there a way for me to check some logs? I went into another zone and talked to others that were still in the zone without any issue. They said this is a common issue for them too and you never know when you will be able to connect again. I was the only one kicked last night. Any thoughts?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Which zone?

If it's running subgame, we might have a similar problem at 17th Parallel... Ours usually happens after a packet flood, it locks a player out, sometimes for days, sometimes for weeks, months or even years...

The only way to fix it is to intentionaly crash the zone (recycle or shutdown won't work). *sendto can do the job tongue.gif
Gallitin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSCX Starwarzone, but how did I packet flood? I was only issuing smod commands...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

First of all, I was describing how the problem happened in 17th Parallel, it might be completely unrelated...

By the way, what happens when you try to connect? Zone is green, but it stays at 'connecting to server...' for a long time?

And secondly, packet flood can happen with just a tiny lag spike or whatever. It can happen to anyone, anytime tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Gallitin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, just says trying to connect forever.
Gallitin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If we crash it that way will it restart on its own? Or will we have to wait on Prittk to restart?
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Our zone restarted on its own... If you're on Priitk's server too, I think it's safe to assume it will restart on its own as well... But... SSCX? Wouldn't this be on a different server?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Gallitin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, same server, just never changed the X. Had any other progress with this? I'm still having this happen weekly. Oh, and I have verified it seems to happen right after a packet flood.
Runescape

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: happens to me too. Reply to topic Reply with quote

happens to me as well.. after you send wrong packets.

I found a fix for this. Try logging in a different existing username, then it will reset your IP or whatever else it checks.. with your computer. Pretty much thats how I always do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 645 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.541684 seconds : 34 queries executed (90.7%): GZIP compression disabled