Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Custom Per Player question

View previous topic  A Bug When Warping With Flag Post :: Post dead lock on starting zone  View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Custom Per Player question Reply to topic Reply with quote

I saw in trench wars they have it so you can change the tiles on the map.

I was wondering if this was possible to do on asss with lvz files, so players can choose what lvz's they want to use.

Any idea I had for making a super fancy arena with big bells and lots of whistles, but give the player the option of choosing which bells they see, and which whistles they hear.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You might reach the limitations of LVZ pretty fast... you can have a maximum of 255 (or 256?) different images in one arena. If you want to use an image for each tile on a tileset, you need something like 190 images for each set of "bells". You'll have to use only a small portion of the tileset to have more than 1 set, for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I was basically aiming it more towards any lvz. Make it some players can choose options to use ships.lvz or this.lvz and that.lvz

I realize you could choose to force the players to go to a website or outside source to download lvz's, but I would like to make it so the players have in game options of which to use.

So you can have multiple ship set lvz files, and the player can choose which one(s) they will use when they play.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't think that's possible... it would at least require the players to re-enter arena, since that's when the downloads happen. And you'd have to hack away whatever module is responsible for sending files to players.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 664 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.421554 seconds : 29 queries executed (92.2%): GZIP compression disabled