Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
A Bug When Warping With Flag

View previous topic  Python - Intergers Post :: Post Custom Per Player question  View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: A Bug When Warping With Flag Reply to topic Reply with quote

I noticed an error on asss when you grab a flag and warp, the flag sometimes goes with you. It still gets dropped, but it will be close to where you warped to.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to be a pain.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this, or has a solution to fix it.
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

where did you see this?
what was the flag system?
what was the flag settings? turf? warzone?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Assuming this is a warzone-style zone, then the flag will drop near the last location of the player if that player changes ship. Depending on the arena's settings, the flags will either retain their team ownership, or might neutralize.

When a player warps, it's not the same. The flags will continue to be attached to that player.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am trying to use Smong's fg_ctf module.

Its not supposed to allow teams to warp with the flag, so it forces a drop at the players location, but it seems that it sometimes doesn't return the flag to the spot warped from, but the spot warp to.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also, more info:

I have tried setting it so that the flags are automatically set to their spawn location when a player changes ships and what not.

Not sure if its a ASSS setting or a setting custom to fg_ctf.

[Flag]
; the time until a flag dropped (nueted) outside of its home is moved back.
; if this is set to 0, it will move back immediately and no arena message will
; be sent.
FlagRespawnDelay = 0

I think the issue is, when a player warps with the flag, the module moves the flag back to the original location. But its not set as neutral -1.

When a player changes ships, the flag is set to -1 and the module then starts a timer or moves the flag immediately if flag:respawndelay=0.

Not sure how to get around this...

Maybe add a timer to when the flag is dropped and is not -1, if its not it is home or in the goal, start the flag respawn delay function.

I'm not very good with C. I have a hard time understanding it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 638 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.473851 seconds : 30 queries executed (92.2%): GZIP compression disabled