Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Misc ASSS Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic  per-arena commands? Post :: Post ASSS Zone crashed after 120 days of be...  View next topic  
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

how would i find that out?

im running the script from the asss directory with assshome=.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That script should always set the working directory correctly.

Are you sure all the permissions are correct?
you could try something like:
Code: Show/Hide

sudo chown youruser:youruser -R ~/zone
find ~/zone -type d -exec chmod u=rwx,go=rx {} \;
find ~/zone -type f -exec chmod u=rw,go=r {} \;
chmod u+x ~/zone/bin/asss
chmod u+x ~/zone/run-asss

youruser is whatever user asss runs under (not root)

What happens if you attempt to ?getfile the map? Use the same path as you put in the config.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i remember i had to chmod the maps, so they should be working

i assume directories should be drwxr-xr-x (755) and files should be -rw-r--r-- (644)?

also @ dr brain:
it seems that the auto build script makefile thingy automatically made everything in asss/bin into a symlink to asss/build and asss/src/py or something

Last edited by Cheese on Tue May 31, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
however, the zone still cant find the maps, which i want to keep in asss/maps, and in each arena.conf i have general:map=maps/map.lvl, but it cant find the map despite it being in the proper location
You don't need to add the 'maps' part of the path in that particular case.
general:map = yourmap.lvl should work fine, even if the file is in maps\
LVZ files can also be in there
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
also @ dr brain:
it seems that the auto build script makefile thingy automatically made everything in asss/bin into a symlink to asss/build and asss/src/py or something

Was that a question?

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

no?

ok weird i had to do more chmod stuff, and then maps/lvz started working
now i just have to wait for 64 bit security module and then i have a fully functional zone :D
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so if someone compiles a .dll module, will it be able to be used by asss on a linux system, even if theyre both 32bit or 64bit machines?

if not, how can someone compile a .so file in an IDE that does .dll files?
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dll is windows only and only works on the correct architecture. It is possible to run 32 bit dll's on 64bit, but only if asss is also 32bit.

Cross compiling linux on windows is possible, but I do not think it is worth the effort. It would involve getting the linux kernel source, building glibc yourself, building GCC yourself, etc.

I would just upload the sources to your server and hit "make" or use a VM. The .so is then found in build/
Of course you could configure your IDE to automate this, SSH into your server/VM, upload, build, download the .so
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so what would cause this backtrace:

#3  0x000000000045f807 in handle_sigsegv ()
No symbol table info available.
#4  <signal handler called>
#5  0x000000000041f1b1 in lookup_sparse ()
#6  0x0000000000420e52 in FindEmptyTileNear ()
#7  0x00007f93b402a74d in newflag ()
   from asss/bin/flags.so

from this code:

local Imapdata *map;
      map->FindEmptyTileNear(a,&fi.x,&fi.y);

because you would think that code compiled using gcc that compiled successfully on windows would also compile using gcc elsewhere, especially not using any windows-only code...

so why is mapdata segfaulting?
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The cause could have been much earlier on.
For example if you have a module which accidentally writes stuff to memory it is not supposed to. (I had this once when I accidentally left the player data key to -1).

Have you tried recompiling with full debug symbols?
Does it always crash in the same place, or does it differ?
Does the crash seem to be caused by a specific timing of things (is it hard to reproduce) ?
Try commenting out non standard modules until the crash goes away.
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the code compiles, runs, and otherwise operates flawlessly on windows
all im doing is recompiling on linux

crashes in the same spot every time
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Value of a?
Value of fi.x? Value of fi.y?
...When is it being called?
More code required to give an answer.

When things crash when changing platforms I'd wager it's bad code that just wasn't poking illegal memory on a different platform.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so what is lookup_sparse() and why cant i find sparse.inc anywhere

so why doesnt the flag core pass turf flag coords instead of -1,-1 when it sends flagonmap after a flag touch?
that seems silly
>_>

everything looks fine, but my best guess is that its somewhere in here, maybe that im declaring fi and then sending it by reference, and maybe getflags is messing with it somehow:

FlagInfo fi;
   fi.x=x;
   fi.y=y;
   if(old) flag->GetFlags(a,fid,&fi,1);
   fi.state=FI_ONMAP;
   if(carried) fi.state=FI_CARRIED;
   fi.freq=freq;
   fi.carrier=p;
//printf: a=31305840 &fi.x=-1619391424 &fi.y=-1619391420 fi.X=147456 fi.Y=0
x=-1 y=-1
      map->FindEmptyTileNear(a,&fi.x,&fi.y);

the arena is legit, its being sent -1,-1, and something is wrong with either &fi or fi.x or fi.y
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sparse.inc is built by a python script. Look at the build scripts for further info, but it's a good bet that it shows up in your build dir during compilation.

But the fact that you're getting negative flag coordinates in your algorithm should be your top concern.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

which is why i was wondering why the flagcore module, a core module, sends -1,-1 as coordinates when turf is enabled...
this shouldnt even matter, let alone crash the entire zone, when dealing with turf flags, where only the freq matters

my thoughts are that I have these defines:
#define NEUT_FREQ -1
#define NULL_POS -1
and that I am updating the flag data with NULL_POS instead of first getting the flag's previous location, and then sending -1 to map->FindEmptyTileNear(), which can't handle -1 and kills everyone

i really wonder why every single turf flag is initialized by the flag core at -1,-1 despite me sending it a completely valid location every single time, it really is quite ridiculous =/

in flagcore.h:
DO_CBS(CB_FLAGONMAP, a, FlagOnMapFunc, (a, fid, -1, -1, ofi->freq));

what i cant figure out is why code that is completely platform independent would cause a core module to segfault while on a linux platform
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Continuum assigns turf flag id's based on the map location. So just use that to make a flagcore patch
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's probably failing on both, you just aren't accessing memory outside your segment on one, because of differences in what's in memory adjacent to the sparse array.

That's my best guess, anyway.
Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

in case you were curious, this is the flags.c in here

im looking through the code for any problems, and i am simply not finding any
i had to trace through 3 different modules just to get here, and this is also keeping distension from getting up and running, through 1 call to flags->TurfFlagFreq(a,0,NEUT_FREQ);
Cheese

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so anyways, i got bored yesterday and wrote a chatnet client, using this as a reference

seemed not to work for a long time before i discovered that it used TCP and not UDP.
so then it started working again, sent LOGIN, got LOGINOK, and then sent "GO:\n"
this works for every zone, but the problem is that [strike]nothing is ever sent back after that[/strike], even after sending fun things like GO:1 or GO:abc

it doesnt send anything back except things like "NOOP\nOK:Cheese" instead of just "NOOP" or anything else its supposed to send

what am i missing here?
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

question 2:

so im trying to write a batch file for windows
is there any way to get the directory of the file which has been dragged onto it?
like how do i take the file.txt off of /a/b/c/file.txt?
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
question 2:

so im trying to write a batch file for windows
is there any way to get the directory of the file which has been dragged onto it?
like how do i take the file.txt off of /a/b/c/file.txt?

Seriously? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=windows+batch+pass+arguments %~dp1
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

clearly you didnt read the third line
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
clearly you didnt read the third line

Yes I did, it is in my answer: %~dp1
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

awesome thanks for the tip
http://ss64.com/nt/syntax-args.html
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

also, turns out i was receiving things like "NOOP\n" written over "LOGINOK" because for some reason sprintf wasnt putting nulls on the end like it should have while i was reusing buffers, so now i have to send and receive everything like "NOOP\n\0"

also, what are the restrictions on the sound files that continuum can play?
does it differ per file, like victory music?
what bit rate?
what sample rate?
mono/stereo?
8bit? 16? 32?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 667 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.535373 seconds : 50 queries executed (78.8%): GZIP compression disabled