Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Simultaneous kills

View previous topic  lvz Post :: Post Stat Function  View next topic  
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Simultaneous kills Reply to topic Reply with quote

When dueling with another player in Devastation, I noticed that the F1 stats scoreboard was a little off in terms of kills and deaths. It seems that when two players kill each other at relatively the same time, one of the kills (or deaths) isn't being counted. I can only assume that it's either because the player died, so his kill isn't being tallied, or that his death isn't being counted because the one who killed him is dead.

I wasn't able to determine which one, but in a sense, I found it very similar to the issue related to a player's goal not counting if he dies (which I think was fixed in 1.5.0?). Since Deva's still based on 1.4.4, I'm wondering, was this issue ever addressed in 1.5.0, or can someone test to see if the same problem occurs?

On a side note, does anyone know what (setting) would cause the victory bell (victory.wa2 - sounds like a ding) from going off every forty seconds?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
(which I think was fixed in 1.5.0?)
I don't think it was... I remember either posting about it, or discussing with Arnk or Brain about it. I'll try to find this...

Edit: this topic , the last couple of posts.

The victory ding could be triggered by the flagreward delay thing

Last edited by Samapico on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you sure it's not just a quirk with the score updates? Check ?stats, not F2 before jumping to conclusions about what's being recorded.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

werent you saying you were having trouble with f2 scores in deva before on a completely unrelated subject?

these bugs dont seem to be happening outside deva
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arnk Kilo Dylie wrote:
Are you sure it's not just a quirk with the score updates? Check ?stats, not F2 before jumping to conclusions about what's being recorded.

I hesitated asking if it was just a client-related problem, since I wasn't sure if the issue was related to Continuum automatically updating the scores, or if the scores in the F2 menu were being updated and refreshed by the server. I always thought it was the latter by my understanding of stats.c, and I've seen comments in the source where SendUpdates isn't called under the assumption that the client will properly handle the score, but I don't know if there's any relation. Anyhow, I can't seem to reproduce it anymore, so either it was just an anomaly or I'm crazy. (And yeah, sorry about the F1-F2 mix up)

Samapico wrote:
The victory ding could be triggered by the flagreward delay thing

Thanks for the help. Looking more carefully, I think the ringing stems from the periodic reward, even when no reward is being given. Though, I'm still using the patch D1st0rt provided, so I'll have to try the most recent revision in asss' repository to see if it still occurs.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 653 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.466247 seconds : 30 queries executed (92.9%): GZIP compression disabled