Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
<C> ASSS Files/Quickfix Module Combo Pack

View previous topic  UT Project Post :: Post <C> LVZHUD  View next topic  
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: <C> ASSS Files/Quickfix Module Combo Pack Reply to topic Reply with quote

For the first time in subspace history, you can give a staffer access to a directory without them being able to hijack the zone!

Modules:
Code: Show/Hide

files:quickfix
files:files

These two modules use 5 new constants for groupdef:

viewsettings
modifypublic
modifydefault
modifyarenas
modifyarena:arena

where the :arena is for a subarena named "arena"

The Files Module is simple:

It limits each file command to only the arena the command is used in, without having to create 30 groups per person.
EX: ?agetfile can only get files from the arena's directory.

In addition, the ?aputmap command has been rewritten to put the file into the arena directory instead of the generic one, allowing access, as well as being a cleaner way to do things. :P

Also, I have added a ?aputcfg command which works exactly like putmap, and appends the new cfg onto the end of the existing cfg.

A ?amakearena has been added as well, which creates a new arena the user is in, instead of creating one in which they are not. :)
This way, they can only make arenas they would have power in.

Commands:

cmd_adir
cmd_ageta
cmd_aseta
cmd_asets
cmd_amakearena
cmd_aputmap
cmd_aputcfg
cmd_aputfile
cmd_agetfile
cmd_aputfile
cmd_arenfile
cmd_adelfile
cmd_filehelp

By popular request I have added ?filehelp, which displays a simple listing of these commands.
I also added ?ageta and ?aseta, which are identical to ?geta and ?seta, except that they are cleaner code rewrites and mesh with the new clean-cfg system.
I also added ?asets, which can write an unmolested line of text to the cfg file, which previously could not be done.

This module is not designed to replace the existing filesystem, it is designed to be used in conjunction with the existing filesystem, which is designed to be used by only the highest of sysops.

Making a new arena is an easy 5 step process:

• type ?go <arena>
  • type ?amakearena
  • type ?aputmap <arena>.lvl
  • type ?aputcfg <arena>.cfg
  • reenter arena

The Quickfix Module is simple:

It is meant to replace the existing quickfix command, and works exactly the same, except now uses the new capman constants to limit powers, and also limits conf file spam.
In addition, the arena change bug in the original quickfix which allowed permissions bypass has been fixed.

Powers are limited by groupdef.
Source attached.
Any comments/suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

Files Module + Quickfix Module
By Cheese

files.zip - 29.66 KB
File downloaded or viewed 153 time(s)

Last edited by Cheese on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:26 am, edited 8 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

to do list:
fix arena change bug
add aseta/ageta/adir
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

fixed all entries in the above post

new features added!
files updated

PS:
after a week or two of having the code correct for ?adir and having it not work properly, i discovered that the files code in win32compat.h should be commented out and not be used by anyone.
Instead, the Dirent.h header file should be used.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dirent.h isn't a standard windows header. Also, arena -a has no problem with the win32compat.h code.

P.S. If you don't file a bug report it never happened.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dont worry, its on my ever growing list of bugs which i will eventually do something with

edit:

actually, ?arena -a DOES use the dirent.h header, or it would not work, which is why the wincompat header needs to be changed.
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

fixed small yet major bug in the permissions logic, grab a new copy if your timestamp is older than this post.

files updated.
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the name_>: bug fix will be added next reload.

unfixed bug: currently displays strange behavior when dealing with publics, due to publics being handled differently by ASSS
Cheese

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:

PS:
after a week or two of having the code correct for ?adir and having it not work properly, i discovered that the files code in win32compat.h should be commented out and not be used by anyone.
Instead, the Dirent.h header file should be used.

edit:
actually, ?arena -a DOES use the dirent.h header, or it would not work, which is why the wincompat header needs to be changed.

this was incorrect.
i now know what was going on, at that time i didnt know i was supposed to compile wincompat.c into my binary

updates:
fixed every bug, these should be 100% stable and cross platform now
fixed a few memory leaks
combined the two dlls into one
added another capman constant
removed a hack

to do:
add file parsing to quickfix for custom cfg, and a way to remove useless settings like turf

if your copy of either of these two files is older than this post, you need to update your files, unless you like your processor catching on fire
when updating, delete quickfix.dll and change modules.conf from quickfix:quickfix to files:quickfix

new features added!
files updated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 432 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.541082 seconds : 35 queries executed (75.7%): GZIP compression disabled