Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Displaying stats

View previous topic  My bot gets silenced Post :: Post Turf Settings  View next topic  
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Displaying stats Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm looking for a way to display a bunch of stats at the end of a game, like:
Most kills : thisguy (154)
Most deaths : someotherguy (154)
[...]

This is pretty common, so I guess the code for that is probably floating around somewhere, but I can't find anything icon_sad.gif
I know it's probably quite simple, but why do something that's already been done? tongue.gif
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Probably because my code is too horrible to be released. I don't intend to document it, comment it, or detach it from the code template macros it uses, make a decent interface, etc. The only nice things I can say about it is that it is stable and does its job well--but I don't think I can say it will do someone else's job well.

I might consider releasing the next major version if I ever find the time to do that. It's really not quite simple, you would really be better off reinventing a simpler wheel in this case.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmmmm, the only thing I can see complicating things (a lot) is players who play on both teams during a game...

I guess you have to save that player's game stats somewhere, and reset its game interval... and if he switches again, find the previous stats you saved, and set them?

I guess some playerextradata could do the trick

Any simpler solution?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you're just aiming to use the basics, you could just use the stats interface and print the current game scores right before you end the current interval. The only drawback is that you can't obtain the scores of players who went offline unless you store them independently.

Anyhow, if it's of any use, I posted a simple example a while back of how to display a stats table for Warzone-style flag games. It doesn't distinguish between frequencies, nor does it take note of the top players, but it wouldn't be too difficult to implement.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hmmm, I just realized I don't need to keep track of the top players anyway, since this is for an event that is played ~4v4 max... so I can just print all the stats in a table like in that example.

Thanks for that Hakaku, this should make my life easier icon_smile.gif

edit: works biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 660 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.423559 seconds : 30 queries executed (93.3%): GZIP compression disabled