Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Can someone complile this?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  Scores are getting mangled Post :: Post My bot gets silenced  View next topic  
resol guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Can someone complile this? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was hoping someone could compile 2 modules on asss-1.5.0 for me. Its been giving me trouble and i don't really know what it is I am doing.

asss-jpcounter2-2.0.zip - 18.02 KB
File downloaded or viewed 38 time(s)

asss-digithud-1.0.zip - 14.3 KB
File downloaded or viewed 36 time(s)
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dont you have another thread to put this in
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You need it compiled for Linux, correct?

(I can't help you with that)
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes I am sorry, it needs to be compiled for linux on asss-1.5.0
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can't compile it at the moment, but if you copy+paste the output of make when it's having trouble I can help walk you through the changes that need to be made.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The modules do not have a make file, so I just used this.. not sure if this is my main problem or not. I used the same formula for both modules.

Code: Show/Hide
# 1.4.2 compatible makefile

jpcounter_mods = jpcounter

$(eval $(call dl_template,jpcounter))

and I get this

Code: Show/Hide
resol@krslynx:~/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/src$ make
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build  -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall   -c -o /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/jpcounter.o
gcc: no input files
make: *** [/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/jpcounter.o] Error 1

I tried take the makefile in the src file and using that, and that created a whole ton of errors lol.
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

make deps first when changing the makefile/*.mk file always
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes I did that, and got lots and lots of crazy errors.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, those are the errors that we need to see.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

this is make deps with the makefile I posted above.

resol@krslynx:~/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/src$ make deps
python /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/scripts/makedeps.py -I. -Iinclude -I/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -I/usr/include/db-4.6 -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/python2.5 \
*/*.c -P '$(BUILDDIR)/' -o /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/deps.mk
makedeps: ignoring option: -I/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build
makedeps: ignoring option: -D_REENTRANT
makedeps: ignoring option: -D_GNU_SOURCE
makedeps: ignoring option: -fPIC
makedeps: ignoring option: -I/usr/include/db-4.6
makedeps: ignoring option: -I/usr/include/mysql
makedeps: ignoring option: -I/usr/include/python2.5
makedeps: warning: "pthread.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "zlib.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "mysql.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "digithud.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "db.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "errno.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "Python.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "structmember.h" not found
resol@krslynx:~/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/src$

then

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall -c -o /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/jpcounter.o jpcounter/jpcounter.c
jpcounter/jpcounter.c:14:22: error: digithud.h: No such file or directory
jpcounter/jpcounter.c:28: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '*' token
jpcounter/jpcounter.c: In function 'update_meter':
jpcounter/jpcounter.c:37: error: 'digithud' undeclared (first use in this function)
jpcounter/jpcounter.c:37: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
jpcounter/jpcounter.c:37: error: for each function it appears in.)
jpcounter/jpcounter.c: In function 'MM_jpcounter2':
jpcounter/jpcounter.c:71: error: 'digithud' undeclared (first use in this function)
jpcounter/jpcounter.c:71: error: 'I_DIGITHUD' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/jpcounter.o] Error 1

I know that some will go once digithud is installed

[/code]
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

here is with digit hud, and the same style make file.

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall -c -o /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/digithud.o digithud/digithud.c
digithud/digithud.c:28:22: error: digithud.h: No such file or directory
digithud/digithud.c:154: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_myint'
digithud/digithud.c: In function 'MM_digithud':
digithud/digithud.c:178: error: '_myint' undeclared (first use in this function)
digithud/digithud.c:178: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
digithud/digithud.c:178: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/digithud.o] Error 1
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
makedeps: warning: "digithud.h" not found

each module has a .h file that you need to place in the 'include' directory...
Or maybe the include directory is not correctly specified. If I get this right:

Quote:
python /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/scripts/makedeps.py -I. -Iinclude [....]
This should tell it to use :~/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/src/include as an include folder. digithud.h should be put in there.

db.h and pthread.h, I have these in my asss-1.5.0/windeps folder, if they are there already, you probably need to add some -I option in that command line thing.

The rest, I don't know... but one thing I'm sure of, is that it all fails because of these first warnings

Edit:
Quote:
This is probably where it 'should' get the dh, mysql and python header files, but it doesn't for some reason? Lynx will probably be able to answer that
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hmmm

Well all that came in the download was the .c file... So this means I can't use it?
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I have a digithud.h file... so... you probably didn't get it from the right place then tongue.gif
The 1.0 version here has the .h
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

after I added the digithud.h file

python /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/scripts/makedeps.py -I. -Iinclude -I/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -I/usr/include/db-4.6 -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/python2.5 \
*/*.c -P '$(BUILDDIR)/' -o /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/deps.mk
makedeps: ignoring option: -I/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build
makedeps: ignoring option: -D_REENTRANT
makedeps: ignoring option: -D_GNU_SOURCE
makedeps: ignoring option: -fPIC
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall -c -o /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/digithud.o digithud/digithud.c
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fPIC -shared -o /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/digithud.so /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/digithud.o
python /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/scripts/pymod-process.py /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/ fg_ctf/fg_ctf.h fg_ctf/swappablegame.h include/app.h include/arenaman.h include/asss.h include/balls.h include/banners.h include/billing.h include/bricks.h include/brickwriter.h include/bwlimit.h include/capman.h include/cfghelp.h include/chat.h include/chatnet.h include/clientset.h include/cmdman.h include/cmod.h include/config.h include/core.h include/db_layout.h include/defs.h include/digithud.h include/encrypt.h include/fake.h include/fg_turf.h include/fg_wz.h include/filetrans.h include/flagcore.h include/freqman.h include/game.h include/idle.h include/jackpot.h include/koth.h include/lagdata.h include/log_file.h include/logman.h include/mainloop.h include/mapdata.h include/mapnewsdl.h include/md5.h include/module.h include/net-client.h include/net.h include/objects.h include/obscene.h include/param.h include/pathutil.h include/periodic.h include/persist.h include/player.h include/prng.h include/protutil.h include/pwcache.h include/redirect.h include/reldb.h include/rwlock.h include/sizes.h include/statcodes.h include/stats.h include/util.h include/watchdamage.h include/win32compat.h packets/balls.h packets/banners.h packets/billing.h packets/brick.h packets/chat.h packets/clientset.h packets/flags.h packets/goarena.h packets/green.h packets/kill.h packets/koth.h packets/login.h packets/loginresp.h packets/mapfname.h packets/objects.h packets/pdata.h packets/ppk.h packets/redirect.h packets/reliable.h packets/requestfile.h packets/scoreupd.h packets/shipchange.h packets/simple.h packets/speed.h packets/timesync.h packets/types.h packets/voice.h packets/watchdamage.h turf/turf_reward.h
warning: I_ARENAPLACE::Place: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_SET_BANNER: guessing arena from player argument
warning: I_CAPMAN::HasCapability: guessing arena from player argument
warning: I_CAPMAN::HigherThan: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_CHATMSG: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_SHIPFREQCHANGE: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_SPAWN: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_SAFEZONE: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_GREEN: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_ATTACH: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_CROWNCHANGE: guessing arena from player argument
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c -o /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/pymod.o pymod/pymod.c
pymod/pymod.c:388: warning: 'cvt_c2p_dict' defined but not used
pymod/pymod.c:489: warning: 'cvt_p2c_dict' defined but not used
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fPIC -shared -o /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/pymod.so /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/pymod.o -L/usr/lib/python2.5/config -lpython2.5 -lutil -lm
ln -sf /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/src/core/backtrace /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/asss /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/dbtool /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/database.so /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/digithud.so /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/fg_ctf.so /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/funky.so /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/pymod.so /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/scoring.so /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/turf.so /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/src/py/exec.py /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/src/py/fg_turf.py /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/src/py/fg_wz.py /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/src/py/fm_password.py /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/src/py/watchgreen.py /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/bin
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

that means it worked
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

why so many new warnings?
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay, thank you Samapico, digithud now compiled and loaded fine, but I still don't know what to do about the jackpot.

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fPIC -shared -o /home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/jpcounter2.so
gcc: no input files
make: *** [/home/resol/subspace/server/asss-1.5.0/build/jpcounter2.so] Error 1
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The warnings on "make deps" can be safely ignored.

The no input files problem almost always stems from either a misconfigured .mk file, or forgetting to do a "make deps" once after adding a new .mk file.

Post the .mk that contains your jpcounter2.
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you very much!

It was a simple typo error.
resol guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, I know this worked, because I used it before.

For some reason, the objects it toggles don't match anything it should.

And its placing the objects in completely different areas then they should be.

If I manually do ?objon, the images appear in the correct spot, and the object ID's correspond with the ones given in the example. It doesn't even come close to working properly.

WHY DID SMONG HAVE TO STOP PLAYING!!
resol guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay well ... I keep messing with it with no luck...

Is there an issue I am missing? Or does digithud need to be attached to the arena as well? Because I can't get that to attach, and I get no error message when trying. Same thing goes for Objects, am I supposed to be able to attach those to the arena?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

D <objects> {0} morphed object 0. saving 0 objects
D <objects> {0} toggled object 9. saving 2 objects
D <objects> {0} toggled object 8. saving 2 objects
D <objects> {0} toggled object 7. saving 2 objects
D <objects> {0} toggled object 0. saving 3 objects
D <objects> {0} toggled object 0. saving 3 objects

This is strange, because the module shouldn't be touching these objects at all...

[DigitHUD]
Digits = 9
; max number of digits

PrefixZeros = 0
; if the number is say 10 and Digits = 5, do you want it to show as 00010

BackgroundObjectID = 2440
; the background to the hud

UnitsDigitObjectID = 2430
; the rest are automatically calaculated:
; TensDigitObjectID = UnitsDigitObjectID + 1
; and so on...

DigitStartImageID = 20
; this should match the IMAGE0 type stuff in the lvz ini
; start image is letter '0', the next is '1' and so on...

And I know my lvz file is correct, I even used the one that game with the arena to test...

The other odd thing about this is, its not just turning objects on and off... its moving them to places where ?objon would not put them. And I checked all the ?objon values and they would display correctly, if not moved by this module. And I still don't understand why its not using the correct image files.

This is the same exact module I used before, and it worked fine... but that was on 1.4.4

So what do I have to change to make this work right again?
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

DigitStartImageID = 20

^
Decompile your lvz with DebuildLVZ.exe, and check the IMAGE# there... these numbers are recompiled from 0 to N when you build the lvz...

So if you have IMAGE0, IMAGE1, and IMAGE20, the 20 will become 2

^
Mostly a theory, since I never used that module, but it would make sense...
From what I can tell, it uses <n_digits> mapobjects, and it uses mostly the 'set object' packet (the same it would use to move an object) to change the imageID of each digit. The most common practice would be, instead, to have <n_digits * 10> mapobjects, one for each digit at each position, and only use 'toggle object' packets (which are smaller).
Pros: You use 10x less mapobjects; You could move the display around in real-time easily. In the case of a text display, this technique would require 26x (or more if you have special characters) less mapobjects.
Cons: Larger packets -> more bandwidth usage

^
Simply an informative comment tongue.gif
I'm planning on making a better hud display module that handles multiple displays, numbers or text and stuff like that...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah,

I put 20 and change all the numbers to 20...

Still no change, I change those number but that have no affect on the module.

And let me guess, your module will be for Windows? tongue.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 643 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.549566 seconds : 52 queries executed (78.9%): GZIP compression disabled