Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
my computer keeps turning off

View previous topic  I renounce my heterosexuality. Post :: Post Yo its me  View next topic  
sss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: my computer keeps turning off Reply to topic Reply with quote

does any one by any chance no what the problem could be? Once i turn my computer on it works about 5 minutes and just shuts off, and not like windows says shutting down, it just completely turns off as some one just cut the power.

Its a bit strange but i had this problem about a year ago, but it stopped. now it has been going on for a few weeks.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Could be a power supply issue, or could be a temperature issue.
Are the fans unusually loud? This could indicate higher temperature than normal.

Unless it's a laptop:
Unplug it, open the case, and clean off the dust. Make sure all the fans are clean and that air can move freely. Make sure to also check the fan over the CPU, and check if there isn't a layer of dust between that fan and the heatsink under it.

You could search for tools that monitor the temperatures of your computer too.
gg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:19 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i really didn't think it would work but after i dusted inside of my computer it works flawlessly now, thanks
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:22 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cool, glad I could help
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:38 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lmaodust
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 653 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.520860 seconds : 30 queries executed (89.6%): GZIP compression disabled