Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Problems with server

View previous topic  bang ops Post :: Post TCAdmin Subspace Files & Configura...  View next topic  
kemkoi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Problems with server Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok , I have tried to make alot of servers , Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Counter Strike Source etc. but it doesen't matter wich guide I follow becouse it never works ! ,

I can allways get in to the server and all on the LAN but others cannot connect to my server. I portforwarded what I should and stuff but still doesen't work , so my quesion is can it be that my internet provider has some kinda security so noone can access or something like that ?

Btw , my router is a D-link DIR-825. And if there is any way of fixing it It would be lovely with an answer becouse this have been so freeking irritating , I've spent a long time just trying to get it work but it never does.

I could allso send you some images of how I've portforwarded it etc , and if I did something wrong.

I allso tried disabeling the firewall and allow the program through the firewall without success...

Would be kind of you if you could Teamveiw me and fix it if you cold ^^
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
I can allways get in to the server and all on the LAN but others cannot connect to my server. I portforwarded what I should and stuff but still doesen't work , so my quesion is can it be that my internet provider has some kinda security so noone can access or something like that ?
IF you forwarded the appropriate ports correctly, then the chances are your ISP has them terminally blocked.

ISPs offer residential and business plans (for internet access). Residential plans forbid hosting servers. Business plans do not (but also cost more than residential plans).

Ultimately, you can try directly connecting your computer to your modem and see if this solves the problem. If it does not, you are pretty much doomed. If it does, then the fault is on your end (meaning it is possible you are not forwarding ports correctly or something).

^^ Please try this. If it works, then contact me at http://www.hlrse.net/contact.php
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

or dmz the comp in the router, i doubt the isp blocks ports, but if it does you had better get a new isp
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
or dmz the comp in the router, i doubt the isp blocks ports, but if it does you had better get a new isp
He e-mailed me last night saying that a direct connection to his router solved the problem, which means the fault lies in the router (faulty or poor quality) or the user (incorrectly forwarding ports). DMZ might work, but I would recommend just unplugging the whole thing and doing a direct connection to the internet because this is as black-and-white as you can make the diagnostics without wasting time.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 433 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.542823 seconds : 29 queries executed (84.1%): GZIP compression disabled