Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Some crash log

View previous topic  Balls stuff Post :: Post Couple of problems  View next topic  
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Some crash log Reply to topic Reply with quote

got some crash, and I picked up some weird things in the log...
Is the pid unique zone-wide, or just arena-wide?
This AmAL dude entered pub, and apparently his pid is 4, and Ahmad's pid was 4 as well (see last line), is this normal?

Also... the last line stopped logging in the middle, and it was from the <core>... What could it be?

Most likely it's just my module that crashed for some reason, like not locking my linked lists, but this <core> thing makes me wonder...

Jul 01 00:44:30 I <arenaman> {0} [AmAL~] entering arena
Jul 01 00:44:30 I <balls> {sockey} [Delic] player picked up ball 0
Jul 01 00:44:33 D <chat> {sockey} [Samapico] pub msg: need to fixt that
Jul 01 00:44:33 I <arenaman> {0} [AmAL~] leaving arena
Jul 01 00:44:34 I <net> [AmAL~] [pid=4] disconnected
Jul 01 00:44:35 I <balls> {sockey} [Delic] player fired ball 0
Jul 01 00:44:35 I <balls> {sockey} [WhiskeyTango] player picked up ball 0
Jul 01 00:44:35 I <game> {sockey} [WhiskeyTango] killed by [Delic] (bty=49,flags=0,pts=0)
Jul 01 00:44:36 I <balls> {sockey} [Delic] player picked up ball 0
Jul 01 00:44:39 I <balls> {sockey} [Delic] player fired ball 0
Jul 01 00:44:39 D <chat> {sockey} [Samapico] pub msg: lolol
Jul 01 00:44:39 I <balls> {sockey} [Delic] player picked up ball 0
Jul 01 00:44:39 I <game> {sockey} [WhiskeyTango] killed by [Delic] (bty=48,flags=0,pts=0)
Jul 01 00:44:41 I <balls> {sockey} [Delic] player fired ball 0
Jul 01 00:44:41 I <balls> {sockey} [WhiskeyTango] goal with ball 0 at (461, 511)
Jul 01 00:44:42 I <game> {sockey} [WhiskeyTango] killed by [Delic] (bty=47,flags=0,pts=0)
Jul 01 00:44:43 I <balls> {sockey} [WhiskeyTango] player picked up ball 0
Jul 01 00:44:44 D <chat> {sockey} [Delic] pub msg: fail
Jul 01 00:44:44 I <game> {sockey} [WhiskeyTango] killed by [Samapico] (bty=46,flags=0,pts=0)
Jul 01 00:44:46 I <balls> {sockey} [WhiskeyTango] player picked up ball 0
Jul 01 00:44:48 I <core> [AhMaD~] [pid=4] pJul 01 00:45:04
I <log_file> opening log file ==================================[/code]
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Player id is arena wide.

Also, I had ahmad~ temporarily banned in everspace, for generating security warnings. So he might be messing with stuff again (I doubt he caused the crash however).
I also suggest loading funky:auth_vie (he kept trying to bring in mervbots). Then for every bot add "VIENames:botname = 127.0.0.1" ip address can also be "any".

You could try getting ASSS to compile with debug symbols. And installing GDB. If you are on linux it should automatically generate crash backtraces in the bt directory.
On windows you need to attach GDB to it's proccess id and wait for a crash. However windows GDB often leaves you with a useless backtrace.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It looks like Amal~, with pid 4 disconnected, and then several seconds later a new player, Ahmad~ connected and was assigned the unused pid 4.

On crashes usually the log file loses several lines and often parts of lines.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hmmm that's weird...
The way I remember it: When it crashed, Ahmad had been in for maybe 5-10 minutes...
But you're right, there's no 'Ahmad' connected anywhere before...
And if he's a source of crashes I'll take the required precautions tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

AhMaD~ is just someone of hyperspace's "playercontinuum"'s level of intelligence, and loves to load bots that dont even work into random small zones. he is the reason cz has allowvie set to 0.

he is quite harmless, and has no idea what hes doing.
Amal~ is almost definately an alias.

currently ASSS makes the incorrect assumption that every line ends with a newline character, which is why the log messages eat into the previous lines after a crash, or when you edit a conf file. the solution is easy and can be found in my files module.

keep in mind things run in parallel in ASSS, the core was logging when your ball module crashed the zone, dont confuse it for anything else.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 429 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.659329 seconds : 30 queries executed (80.3%): GZIP compression disabled