Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
SubSpace fonts in TrueType format

View previous topic  shrtfont.bm2 in ASCII format Post :: Post A3 DC DLL for MervBot  View next topic  
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: SubSpace fonts in TrueType format Reply to topic Reply with quote

Posting this here in addition to ssforu... er "SSGNet Forums", for those of you who might be interested, but might (understandably) avoid that place.

specfont.bm2
shrtfont.bm2
tallfont.bm2
largefont.bm2
hugefont.bm2

Example of how to use them on websites included.

Related: shrtfont.bm2 in ASCII format

sstallfont.ttf - 48.79 KB
File downloaded or viewed 206 time(s)

ssspecfont.ttf - 14.61 KB
File downloaded or viewed 226 time(s)

ssshrtfont.ttf - 40.35 KB
File downloaded or viewed 202 time(s)

sslargefont.ttf - 112.96 KB
File downloaded or viewed 216 time(s)

sshugefont.ttf - 183.86 KB
File downloaded or viewed 192 time(s)

shrtfont.ttf.png - 20.13 KB
File downloaded or viewed 220 time(s)

9eba02af4a398a5863bcf6d9f3fac4b9

ssfonts.ttf.tar.7z - 20.82 KB
File downloaded or viewed 208 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

.7z? What is wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourself.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
.7z? What is wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourself.
No, you. biggrin.gif

7z does have better compression, but it isn't as traditional as zip. Rar is sort of in between tradition and compression.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

rofl, you 7-zipped an uncompressed rar?
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

can someone repost the .ttf, so we dont have to deal with extra bullshit?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

.7z is awesome
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Samapico wrote:
rofl, you 7-zipped an uncompressed rar?
Me? It's a tar.
Cheese wrote:
can someone repost the .ttf, so we dont have to deal with extra bullshit?

It's five TTFs... and five EOTs (for Internet Explorer), as well as a file showing how to use them with websites.

The compression makes it ≈0.025% its original size, it's just good manners. There's also nothing stopping your archive manager from extracting it all in one step.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

windows doesnt come with an 'archive manager'

and why would there be five files?
did you make one for every color?
why would a font need color information?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you actually bothered to look you would see they are the different font variants continuum uses. tall, spec, short, large, huge. Although some barely differ.

EOT is because internet explorer is the worst browser on earth and only accepts EOT on webpages. All other browsers support TTF.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:

It does, it's just crap. There's nothing stopping you from installing a decent 3rd party archive manager, though, or switching to a decent OS.

Posting an uncompressed version defeats the whole point of having compressed it in the first place. I can email it to you as a ZIP if you like, everything else is going to cost someone (other than our email providers) more money.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
This is the same reason why it is important to compress images and not leave them in a raw BMP format. ;o

Window's archive manager is extremely mediocre. 7z is free, you could get that. That also supports opening RAR files I believe. icon_smile.gif

http://www.7-zip.org/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This conversation has wasted more bandwidth than the .7z format has saved. Use .zip for everything smaller than 20MB without hesitation. Above that you can weigh the merits of each format vs. its market share.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Winrar supports pretty much every formats and is usually the first thing I install after a drive format tongue.gif

But as Brain said, arguing about which compression is the best for a 50k file is ridiculous.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Winrar isn't as "free" as 7-zip is tongue.gif

Files should just be offered in different formats then people can download the format they like icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

in short:
include files in a format that everyone can use without downloading extra crap they dont need because you think its better
Samapico

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Agreed... Winrar is free enough for me icon_wink.gif , I use it most of the time, but if I need to share something with someone, I'll just compress as .zip, unless I know the person can open rar's.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Agreed... Winrar is free enough for me icon_wink.gif , I use it most of the time, but if I need to share something with someone, I'll just compress as .zip, unless I know the person can open rar's.
Mine is free because mine is pirated. o_o
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's what I meant by free enough tongue.gif
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
in short:
include files in a format that everyone can use without downloading extra crap they dont need because you think its better

Eh... why did I even convert them to TrueType then? You already have software to interpret and use the fonts as sprites.

Here's your stupid ZIP:

for Cheese

ssfonts.ttf.zip - 922.36 KB
File downloaded or viewed 198 time(s)
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
in short:

There, I made ttf a supported attachment you can directly download now.

(See original post for files)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Still stupid. sa_tongue.gif
Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hurray

also, cool md5 hash
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 670 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.550373 seconds : 49 queries executed (79.0%): GZIP compression disabled