Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
security.so

View previous topic  Help with "Regions" for a ne... Post :: Post Make Money With Forums  View next topic  
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: security.so Reply to topic Reply with quote

dist/README.developers wrote:
There are some modules that I can't include the source to for various reasons. There's a binary of them for linux (bin/security.so)...

What're the reasons?
Is it necessary for Discretion, or just Continuum?

Pardon my ignorance. icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Security.so holds the server side encryption routines. Keeping it closed source helps to make the continuum encryption a bit harder to break. It also makes it harder to avoid the security checks.

I don't believe that Discretion has any encryption on its packet transmission.

If you have a specific need for a security.so, let me know. I won't be giving out the source, though.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain: Keeping Twister v2 out of Continuum
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
I don't believe that Discretion has any encryption on its packet transmission.

So ASSS and Discretion should work fine together without the security module? Just needs to be delisted from modules.conf? Has anyone actually tried it? (asked BaK- on ssforum.net since he seems more active there[?])

Dr Brain wrote:
If you have a specific need for a security.so, let me know. I won't be giving out the source, though.

Thanks, but if this means ASSS will build and work alright on AMD64 now, I guess the binary tarball's version will be good enough for my purposes[?]. icon_smile.gif

I don't know how I keep missing you in-game, man. Seems like ?find Dr Brain always says you were on 1-3 hours ago (usually when I was on then, too, but didn't bother to check sa_tongue.gif).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't know much about ASSS and Discretion. I've got some changes from Bak I need to integrate into the standard version, but I've been putting that off for an overhaul of the connection code.

Yes, it works fine on AMD64.

I'm usually on for less than 20 minutes at a time. You have to be quick to catch me if I don't know you're looking for me. Hanging out in Hyperspace is a good way to catch me in-game.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BaK (mgb wont reset pw)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Discretion uses an enc_disc module which can coexist with the continuum encryption module (so both can be active at the same time). Discretion right now doesn't do any encryption since it would add very little to the security of the client.

also: i can't reset my password on these forums I made a topic about it a few months ago and am not sure what to do now.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Make BaK+?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks guys. icon_smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 686 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.434791 seconds : 33 queries executed (93.2%): GZIP compression disabled