Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
(server.cfg/template.sss) Help me understand what these do

View previous topic  Exported plaintext content from subgam... Post :: Post What determines the fire delay between...  View next topic  
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: (server.cfg/template.sss) Help me understand what these do Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/ss_template_tabled.pdf

+Maker:Maker
Editing was done by Mine GO BOOM with the help of the letter K. Version 1.34.14 For more help, visit http://www.shanky.com/server/
Ok, what does the + in front of Maker mean? I don't recall seeing this anywhere in ESC+A. Someone explain to me the existence and purpose of this line!

All:MultiFireAngle
Angle spread between multi-fire bullets and standard forward firing bullets. (111 = 1 degree, 1000 = 1 ship-rotation-point)
What would 90 equal? How does this work?

All:Radius
The ship's radius from center to outside, in pixels. Standard value is 14 pixels.
Is the "standard value" a radius of 14 pixels? That would make ship sizes 28 pixels...

All:SeeBombLevel
If ship can see bombs on radar (0=Disabled, 1=All, 2=L2 and up, 3=L3 and up, 4=L4 bombs only)
This is backwards? Shouldn't it be more like ... 1 = L1, 2 = L2 and below, 3 = L3 and below, 4 = L4 below, 5 = L4 only ... ???

Door:DoorMode
Door mode (-2=all doors completely random, -1=weighted random (some doors open more often than others), 0-255=fixed doors (1 bit of byte for each door specifying whether it is open or not)
Explain what or how "weighted random" worked, and how 0-255 work.

Flag:FlaggerKillMultiplier
Number of times more points are given to a flagger (1 = double points, 2 = triple points)
Confusion here is between regular kill points and this. Do you get kill points plus this? If you get plus this, then wouldn't setting this to 1 mean you get 2x the kill points? Description is badly worded?

Flag:FlagTerritoryRadius
When flagger drops flags, this is how spread out they are (distance from drop-centroid in tiles). (note: 0 = special value meaning hide flags in center area of board as normal)
What is "drop-centroid"? And what does it mean by "hide flags in center area of board"? Explain.

Flag:FlagTerritoryRadiusCentroid
When flagger drops flags, this is how far the drop-centroid is randomly adjusted from the actual drop location) (note: 1024 = hide anywhere on level)
What is drop-centroid and where do I set drop-centroid? X_x Totally confused.

Flag:FriendlyTransfer
Whether the flaggers can transfer flags to other teammates (0=no 1=yes)
Explain.

Kill:BountyRewardPercent
Percentage of your own bounty added to your reward when you kill somebody else.
How does it mean 'adding bounty' to 'points' or 'reward'? That's confusing.

Kill:EnterDelay
How long after a player dies before he can re-enter the game.
Have to check if this is in seconds or 1/100 of a second.

Kill:MaxBonus
Let's ignore these for now. Or let's not. icon_smile.gif This is if you have flags, can add more points per a kill. Founded by MGB
Besides the really annoying first third, the description and purpose of this option is confusing.

Kill:MaxPenalty
Let's ignore these for now. Or let's not. icon_smile.gif This is if you have flags, can take away points per a kill. Founded by MGB
Like previous, explain.

Kill:RewardBase
Let's ignore these for now. Or let's not. icon_smile.gif This is shown added to a person's bty, but isn't added from points for a kill. Founded by MGB
Confusing! Please explain.

Misc:FrequencyShift
Amount of random frequency shift applied to sounds in the game.
Whhhaaa...?

Misc:FrequencyShipTypes
Whether ship type is based on frequency player is on or not (0=no 1=yes)
I forgot why I added this to my list. Frequency number determines what ship you can use.

Periodic:RewardPoints
Number of points given out to team members (per flag owned). (Negative numbers = flagCount * playersInArena)
This is confusing. Explain.

Prize:MinimumVirtual
Distance from center of arena that prizes/flags/soccer-balls will generate
???

Prize:MultiPrizeCount
Number of random 'Greens' given with a 'MultiPrize'
How can I determine what the maximum and minimum value can be? How does this option function mathematically?

Prize:PrizeFactor
Number of prizes hidden is based on number of players in game. This number adjusts the formula, higher numbers mean more prizes. (*Note: 10000 is max, 10 greens per person)
What does it mean by "prizes hidden"? And what "formula"?

Prize:PrizeMaxExist
Maximum amount of time that a hidden prize will remain on screen. (actual time is random)
Hidden prizes?? Is this value in seconds or 1/100 of a second?

Prize:PrizeMinExist
Minimum amount of time that a hidden prize will remain on screen. (actual time is random)

Prize:UpgradeVirtual
Amount of additional distance added to MinimumVirtual for each player that is in the game.
???

Radar:RadarMode
Radar mode (0=normal, 1=half/half, 2=quarters, 3=half/half-see team mates, 4=quarters-see team mates)
???

Radar:RadarNeutralSize
Size of area between blinded radar zones (in pixels)
???

Repel:RepelSpeed
Speed at which players are repelled
Explain.

Routing:ClosePosPixels
How near are packets considered close, default 250 pixels
What does it mean by 'packets being close'? It is using pixels for a unit, so apparently it is something "physical".

Routing:DeathDistance
Distance death messages are forwarded.
Is this in tiles? Pixels? Is it obsolete? What does it do?

Security:S2CKickOutPercentWeapons
The percent kickout for not getting weapon packets.
What does it mean by "percent kickout"? Percentage of players kicked out? And what does it mean by "not getting weapon packets"?

Soccer:CatchMinimum
Minimun goals needed to win
How does this work? What's the point of this? If you reached x minimum goals, wouldn't you already win? The other team can't make a goal simultaneously (someone will be first).

Soccer:CatchPoints
Max goals needed to win
Same as previous.

Soccer:UseFlagger
If player with soccer ball should use the Flag:Flagger* ship adjustments or not (0=no, 1=yes)
This makes no sense. sa_tongue.gif Someone enlighten me.

Team:ForceEvenTeams
Whether people are allowed to change teams if it would make the teams uneven. 0 = no restrictions, 1-10 = allowed variance
How does the 1-10 part work?

Wormhole:SwitchTime
How often the wormhole switches its destination.
I know how this works, but I have two problems. Wormholes will supposedly warp you to a random coordinate every time you enter one -- but each wormhole has a set coordinate for SwitchTime amount of time before changing locations (this means you can follow a player into a wormhole and still be on his tail).

First of all, is this is seconds, 1/100 of a second, of 1/1000 of a second (milliseconds)?
Second, what's the best way to describe what this does in a short and understandable statement?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: (server.cfg/template.sss) Help me understand what these Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd bold my replies or something, but this forum is too much of pain to do so... you can't highlight and click bold, it sucks tongue.gif

L.C. wrote:
http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/ss_template_tabled.pdf

+Maker:Maker
Editing was done by Mine GO BOOM with the help of the letter K. Version 1.34.14 For more help, visit http://www.shanky.com/server/
Ok, what does the + in front of Maker mean? I don't recall seeing this anywhere in ESC+A. Someone explain to me the existence and purpose of this line!

The + could simply be something to bypass the alphabetical sorting

All:MultiFireAngle
Angle spread between multi-fire bullets and standard forward firing bullets. (111 = 1 degree, 1000 = 1 ship-rotation-point)
What would 90 equal? How does this work?

If you want 90 degrees multifire angle, you need to set it to 10000
1 degree is actually 111.111111111111, the base unit being 9-degree increments (1 ship-rotation-point = 9 degrees)

All:Radius
The ship's radius from center to outside, in pixels. Standard value is 14 pixels.
Is the "standard value" a radius of 14 pixels? That would make ship sizes 28 pixels...

All:SeeBombLevel
If ship can see bombs on radar (0=Disabled, 1=All, 2=L2 and up, 3=L3 and up, 4=L4 bombs only)
This is backwards? Shouldn't it be more like ... 1 = L1, 2 = L2 and below, 3 = L3 and below, 4 = L4 below, 5 = L4 only ... ???

Could be both ways, but it is how it is. I suppose this comes from the assumption that larger bombs are easier to detect... So you could have a radar that only detects level 2 and up, for example.

Door:DoorMode
Door mode (-2=all doors completely random, -1=weighted random (some doors open more often than others), 0-255=fixed doors (1 bit of byte for each door specifying whether it is open or not)
Explain what or how "weighted random" worked, and how 0-255 work.

There are 8 door tiles on the tileset. Each tile is controlled independently (vertical or horizontal don't matter). Random generates a random value between 0 and 255, which corresponds to 8 zeros or ones (0101 1100), and whatever bit is 1 will correspond to a tile that will be visible (closed door).
If you set a value between 0 and 255, the doors are constant to that value. i.e. 0000 1111 = 15 ; which would make all the horizontal doors closed and vertical ones opened (or vice-versa, that only depends on how you place them on the tileset)
Weighted random, I assume is that from the 4 tiles you can choose for the same door, their open/close frequency will be different.

Flag:FlaggerKillMultiplier
Number of times more points are given to a flagger (1 = double points, 2 = triple points)
Confusion here is between regular kill points and this. Do you get kill points plus this? If you get plus this, then wouldn't setting this to 1 mean you get 2x the kill points? Description is badly worded?

I think this multiplies the base kill points if you hold a flag while killing. Just like in the description... 1 means you get "1 times more points", which actually doubles your kill points.

When flagger drops flags, this is how spread out they are (distance from drop-centroid in tiles). (note: 0 = special value meaning hide flags in center area of board as normal)
What is "drop-centroid"? And what does it mean by "hide flags in center area of board"? Explain.

Drop-centroid would be the center of the ship that drops the flags. Center area of board could mean the flags respawn in center ? Dunno. Would have to test.

Flag:FlagTerritoryRadiusCentroid
When flagger drops flags, this is how far the drop-centroid is randomly adjusted from the actual drop location) (note: 1024 = hide anywhere on level)
What is drop-centroid and where do I set drop-centroid? X_x Totally confused.

Randomly adjusted from the actual drop location, which is your ship's location... That seems self-explanatory, really. If your ship is at 512,512 , and you set this to 3, the drop-centroid could be anywhere in a 3 tiles radius.
Then the FlagTerritoryRadius kicks in to determine how spread your flags are, like if you are dropping a bunch of 10 flags at the same time, they'll be spread around this centroid.

Flag:FriendlyTransfer
Whether the flaggers can transfer flags to other teammates (0=no 1=yes)
Explain.

Hint: Teamkills

Not confusing, that's what it does tongue.gif The higher your bounty, the more kill points you get.

Kill:EnterDelay
How long after a player dies before he can re-enter the game.
Have to check if this is in seconds or 1/100 of a second.

It is

Kill:MaxBonus
Kill:MaxPenalty
Kill:RewardBase

Dunno, always left these at 0

Misc:FrequencyShift
Amount of random frequency shift applied to sounds in the game.
Whhhaaa...?

I think this applies when you turn on 3D sound effects. Sounds will have slightly different tones, depending on their origin/direction/whatever.

Misc:FrequencyShipTypes
Whether ship type is based on frequency player is on or not (0=no 1=yes)
I forgot why I added this to my list. Frequency number determines what ship you can use.

Answered your own question there

Periodic:RewardPoints
Number of points given out to team members (per flag owned). (Negative numbers = flagCount * playersInArena)
This is confusing. Explain.

How is it confusing? If you set it to 100, team members will get 100 points per flag owned per Periodic:RewardDelay
If you set it to -100, they'll get 100*playerInArena points per flag owned per Periodic:RewardDelay

Prize:MinimumVirtual
Distance from center of arena that prizes/flags/soccer-balls will generate
???

What it says... greens will spawn in this radius from center. Actually, if you set it to 100, it means the spawn area will be 100x100 (or maybe 101x101) around center, so actually a 50 tiles radius. Square radius, that is.

Prize:MultiPrizeCount
Number of random 'Greens' given with a 'MultiPrize'
How can I determine what the maximum and minimum value can be? How does this option function mathematically?

A multiprize green will always give you this many random greens. It just gives you X other greens.

Prize:PrizeFactor
Number of prizes hidden is based on number of players in game. This number adjusts the formula, higher numbers mean more prizes. (*Note: 10000 is max, 10 greens per person)
What does it mean by "prizes hidden"? And what "formula"?

hidden as in, hidden in the map... not actually hidden, but hidden as in 'you want to find them'. Bad choice of word I guess. AFAIK the formula is like PrizeFactor/1000 * number of players. As it says, 10000 will make 10 greens per player spawn. That is the maximum count... Every once in a while, some greens will vanish, and some will spawn to keep the count up.

Prize:PrizeMaxExist
Maximum amount of time that a hidden prize will remain on screen. (actual time is random)

Hidden prize; see above. Yes, everything is in 1/100th of a second

Prize:PrizeMinExist
Minimum amount of time that a hidden prize will remain on screen. (actual time is random)

See above

Prize:UpgradeVirtual
Amount of additional distance added to MinimumVirtual for each player that is in the game.
???

See MinimumVirtual explanation... For each player in the arena, add this value to get the actual green spawn area. If you want it to be constant, just use 0. If you want it to get bigger as more people join the game, use some value.

Radar:RadarMode
Radar mode (0=normal, 1=half/half, 2=quarters, 3=half/half-see team mates, 4=quarters-see team mates)
???
Radar:RadarNeutralSize
Size of area between blinded radar zones (in pixels)
???

These 2 probably go together, but I never knew what they were for

Repel:RepelSpeed
Speed at which players are repelled
Explain.

Erm... it's the speed at which players are repelled?
What the hell isn't clear here?
When you throw a repel, everything and everyone around you is thrown at the same speed, no matter what their velocity is. That speed is RepelSpeed. Expressed in the same speed units as the ships' and weapons' speed. (pixels / 10seconds)

Routing:ClosePosPixels
How near are packets considered close, default 250 pixels
What does it mean by 'packets being close'? It is using pixels for a unit, so apparently it is something "physical".
When you are "near" someone, you'll receive more position packets from him. The wording is bad... "How near two players must be to be considered close" would make more sense.

Routing:DeathDistance
Distance death messages are forwarded.
Is this in tiles? Pixels? Is it obsolete? What does it do?

Probably obsolete... Though you could try having people kill other people in a corner while you stay in the opposite corner, see if you get the 'killed by...' message.

Security:S2CKickOutPercentWeapons
The percent kickout for not getting weapon packets.
What does it mean by "percent kickout"? Percentage of players kicked out? And what does it mean by "not getting weapon packets"?
Weapon packet loss (try /*lag)... percentage of packet loss at which the player will be kicked out

Soccer:CatchMinimum
Minimun goals needed to win
How does this work? What's the point of this? If you reached x minimum goals, wouldn't you already win? The other team can't make a goal simultaneously (someone will be first).
Soccer:CatchPoints
Max goals needed to win
Same as previous.

These 2 will make sense when you see this other setting:
Soccer:WinBy:0:::Have to beat other team by this many goals
I'll let you figure it out.

Soccer:UseFlagger
If player with soccer ball should use the Flag:Flagger* ship adjustments or not (0=no, 1=yes)
This makes no sense. sa_tongue.gif Someone enlighten me.

Flag:Flagger* ship adjustements:
Flag:FlaggerGunUpgrade:0:0:1:Whether the flaggers get a gun upgrade 0=no 1=yes
Flag:FlaggerBombUpgrade:0:0:1:Whether the flaggers get a bomb upgrade 0=no 1=yes
Flag:FlaggerFireCostPercent:1150:::Percentage of normal weapon firing cost for flaggers 0=Super 1000=100% 2000=200%
Flag:FlaggerDamagePercent:1150:::Percentage of normal damage received by flaggers 0=Invincible 1000=100% 2000=200%
Flag:FlaggerSpeedAdjustment:0:::Amount of speed adjustment player carrying flag gets (negative numbers mean slower)
Flag:FlaggerThrustAdjustment:0:::Amount of thrust adjustment player carrying flag gets (negative numbers mean less thrust)
Flag:FlaggerBombFireDelay:0:::Delay given to flaggers for firing bombs (0=ships normal firing rate -- note: please do not set this number less than 20)

If you hold a powerball instead of a flag, do you get these same adjustements or no?

Team:ForceEvenTeams
Whether people are allowed to change teams if it would make the teams uneven. 0 = no restrictions, 1-10 = allowed variance
How does the 1-10 part work?
1 means it will allow a difference of 1 player in teams? Meaning if it's 2v6, you can't switch from the 2 freq to the one with 6.

Wormhole:SwitchTime
How often the wormhole switches its destination.
I know how this works, but I have two problems. Wormholes will supposedly warp you to a random coordinate every time you enter one -- but each wormhole has a set coordinate for SwitchTime amount of time before changing locations (this means you can follow a player into a wormhole and still be on his tail).

First of all, is this is seconds, 1/100 of a second, of 1/1000 of a second (milliseconds)?
Second, what's the best way to describe what this does in a short and understandable statement?

Well... you described exactly what (I assume) it does... Pretty sure it can be set to 0 to have them always have a different location. And EVERY time thing will be in standard SS time units, which are 1/100th of seconds... Unless specified otherwise.

PoLiX
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like sama got most all of em for ya.

0 = flags drop as if they were neuted/game reset, but they own them.

MaxBonus and MaxPenalty I played with before, but don't remember if I found any results.

RewardBase I remember having to do something with turf.

FrequencyShift isn't used anymore. The actual SubSpace client's sounds could be distorted using that feature. Was actually kinda fun, and in my old zone in particular, was a standard setting for a while. But it essentially just made the sounds all crazy.

Soccer:UseFlagger is exactly what sama said.

bout all I can shed light on.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh by the way, Subgame2 handles periodic messages in MINUTES and not SECONDS. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Unless specified otherwise.

And it is specified

Misc:PeriodicMessage0:::Info about this will be in explained through all 0-4 of these. Read next one down... To set it blank, set it to: 0
Misc:PeriodicMessage1:::Must be set to this format: (Time for repeating) (Delay after arena is created) (Text) *Read Next!
Misc:PeriodicMessage2:::Time for repeating will be after every X mins (60=1hour, 1440=1day), will display this message. *READ NEXT!
Misc:PeriodicMessage3:::Delay will be after first person enters arena, it will then start this many mins after they enter. Good so they don't get one instantly for no reason. *READ NEXT!
Misc:PeriodicMessage4:::Text will be the text. If text starts with a * (ie: *Hello), will act as a *zone message. If no * (ie: Hello), will act as a *arena command.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hehe, yeah, I was wrong about that.
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

if i recall correctly, didnt mgb write half the stuff in template.sss? :S
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yup.

I'm just rewriting the entire thing to be more user-friendly, consistent style, correct grammar, filling in the Low and High (Minimum and Maximum) values, etcetera.

In other words, I am finalizing and polishing it.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
if i recall correctly, didnt mgb write half the stuff in template.sss? :S

Yeah, and that was also during my high school years when my grammar didn't matter as much, and also ten years ago before everything was also full understood. I'm surprised it took this long before people wanted to clean it up.

Also, I did make the +Maker part, because then you can leave notes for each other and at least have some type of commenting/documentation in code.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
[..]Also, I did make the +Maker part, because then you can leave notes for each other and at least have some type of commenting/documentation in code.
Is it possible to create entries in templates.sss, then?
Samapico

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, you can put whatever you want in templates.sss

And whatever you put will end up in the editing window when you hit esc-C

And everything you get in esc-C (or everything you modify, probably) is sent back to the server when you hit F10 to save.

You could test it easily, in fact... But of course I don't have to tell you that subgame will simply not care about whatever new setting you try to give it (i.e. +Maker)

That's why you can have ASSS show up whatever you want in there... For example, in HS it could show item stats, maybe.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
Is it possible to create entries in templates.sss, then?

Yeah, but other than a little bit of basic note entries (like I did with the Maker part), it really doesn't do you anything useful.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, at least they had potential future servers other than Subgame2 in mind, perhaps. tongue.gif And additional features. (Though isn't template.sss Priit's invention?)
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Not confusing, that's what it does tongue.gif The higher your bounty, the more kill points you get.
No, it is confusing.

"Reward" is "bounty" or "points"?

Say I have 100 bounty, and I have this set to 100%. Kills offer a base of 1000 points. Does this mean I get 1100 points? (That is, the formula is Bounty*BountyRewardPercent+BaseKillPoints=TotalKillPoints ??)

What unit of measurement is RepelDistance in?
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I see your point (pun?), should be like... BountyPercentReward, or something... It adds a part of %killed's bounty to %killer's points

So yeah, your formula would be right, AFAIK... Except, of course, for the bunch of other modifiers that there probably are... mostly with flags
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
What unit of measurement is RepelDistance in?

pixels

Kill:MaxBonus:::This is if you have flags, can add more points per a kill. Founded by MGB
Kill:MaxPenalty:::This is if you have flags, can take away points per a kill. Founded by MGB
Kill:RewardBase:::This is shown added to a person's bty, but isn't added from points for a kill. Founded by MGB
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Kill:MaxBonus:::This is if you have flags, can add more points per a kill. Founded by MGB
Kill:MaxPenalty:::This is if you have flags, can take away points per a kill. Founded by MGB
Kill:RewardBase:::This is shown added to a person's bty, but isn't added from points for a kill. Founded by MGB
It's confusing, which is why I cited these.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

From my memory of over ten years ago, this is how this works. If you have a flag (carried), and you kill someone, you'll get their bounty + Kill:MaxBonus * # of flags - Kill:MaxPenalty * # of flags. Or it maybe * (Max Flags - # of flags you have).

The Kill:RewardBase is just a trick, where it just shows everyones bounties as being that much higher without you actually getting that bounty when you kill them. So if it was set to 100, and you kill someone that looks like they have 250 bounty, you'll only get 150. I don't remember if there was some other use for it.
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That sounds redundant... why not just one setting that can be negative?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 417 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.726854 seconds : 44 queries executed (84.3%): GZIP compression disabled