Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
chatclient for mobile devices

View previous topic  Cross Platform Directory Server (with... Post :: Post Cross-platform C# chatnet core with op...  View next topic  
bdwinsalt mobile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: chatclient for mobile devices Reply to topic Reply with quote

Has anyone made a chat client for mobile devices yet. I know it woukdnt be hard to do. Ive made an app to control my tcp biller i made, so i just need to make something like that using asss protocol. I just didnt want to make one if someone else already had already. I know i have a full qwerty keyboard on my phone and with 3G/4G and wifi so common on phones, it just seems to be a good idea. My only issue would be how exactly to make the download manager for zones. Would it be best to download a list of asss zones from something like catids dir server which would update online every so often, or just keep it to manually entering. Is there anyway for the chat protocol to support sounds now? If not, then that would be a good addition to asss. It would make chatting more fun. you would have to use preloaded sounds, unless there was a way to download them with a new extention to the protocol. So you think thats a good project?
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well Smong made a basic chat client for Palm OS and another one for PSP, but I think that's about it for mobile-like devices.

As for the zone listing, well if you provide the entire list, then it allows for newer zones to be added, but you'll also get a lot of subgame zones that will be useless. Though you could implement the ASSS ping protocol to see which zones use ASSS. Otherwise, I think there are only three major zones that currently support TCP connection, so you could always just integrate those ones as preconfigured, but equally allow people to manually enter port numbers and ip addresses for the rest.

As for the chat protocol, it hasn't changed. I actually hadn't really noticed that it doesn't cover sounds (while the biller protocol does), but you raise a good point.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 902 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.534127 seconds : 27 queries executed (76.7%): GZIP compression disabled