Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Visual Basic 6.0 Anyone?

View previous topic  Windows Mobile 6.5 Programming Post :: Post sizeof(unions + struct + bitfield)  View next topic  
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Visual Basic 6.0 Anyone? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I bought a book tonight called Microsoft Visual Basic: Game Programming for Teens. It's an awesome book, but I have to have Visual Basic 6.0 to use it. I download Visual Studio 2008, but it turns out it's completely different since it's .Net. I didn't realize this when I bought the book. So right now the book is useless. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of Visual Studio 6.0 I could download. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find any other way to obtain it. Please help.

Thanks,
BD
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

VB6.0 usually comes in a different package than Visual Studio 6... it's actually a whole different program.

There's a torrent of it here:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5145286/visual_basic_6.0_enterprise_edition

That should work... if not, I could upload mine eventually
a person

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I had a quick good and it quite literally isnt available anywhere legally anymore icon_sad.gif

All the copies on ebay i've seen look dodgy, (come with "CD" and Key but not box or manual)

PS: found the capture very amusing "ss breeders" we are breeding subspace players tongue.gif
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.missupload.com/f6ftw8ts5c2t/Visual_Basic_6.0_Full_www.dl4all.com.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/users/QJZOUN (password = effective)

http://hotfile.com/dl/20565422/9d6d73f/VB6.Full.Upload3r.DDL-IL.NeT.rar.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/276881763/MS.Visual_Basic_v6.0sp6.plus.Extra.Components.rar

Have fun.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

a person wrote:
I had a quick good and it quite literally isnt available anywhere legally anymore icon_sad.gif

All the copies on ebay i've seen look dodgy, (come with "CD" and Key but not box or manual)

PS: found the capture very amusing "ss breeders" we are breeding subspace players tongue.gif
Don't bother trying to find Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 legally... Even Microsoft themselves wouldn't care. As you said, it's not for sell anymore, and I'd classify it as abandonware tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks guys. This helped out a lot. Everything worked just like it was suppose to. Why exactly did they abandon VB and move to .Net?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BDwinsAlt wrote:
Thanks guys. This helped out a lot. Everything worked just like it was suppose to. Why exactly did they abandon VB and move to .Net?
I haven't read any official articles/whitepapers as to why, so I'll venture a semi-educated(?) guess...

.NET was designed to bring in a new language with constructs/functionality/libraries to utilize modern day computing systems (64bit hardware, multi-processor/threading support) to compete with existing modern day languages.

They took a step back and abstracted everything into a common language so it doesn't matter if you code with C#, VB.Net. In the end you end up with an executable which provides with a lot of functionality out-of-the-box... you normally wouldn't have had (or had to do through various hacks).

Outsiders, like myself, would say Microsoft did a good job at duplicating/enhancing working-concepts of the Java framework and added what they felt was needed in a modern day language.

VB6 is old, just plain old. I don't want to fathom what type of effort it would take to revamp the core VB runtimes to match the functionality they have with the .NET framework today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 656 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.503146 seconds : 32 queries executed (92.9%): GZIP compression disabled