Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Loading modules... I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsign

View previous topic  compiling modules in linux Post :: Post New chatnet features? Please.  View next topic  
Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Loading modules... I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsign Reply to topic Reply with quote

I first executed 'bin/asss' and I'm not sure if it did what it's supposed to do. It left me in terminal without returning to command line. Just said something like "re-reading news.txt" then "syncing persistent data". I didn't set the server IP/Port and whatnot so I closed the Terminal. Upon executing 'bin/asss' again, it gave me this:
Code: Show/Hide
Loading modules...
I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsignal' from 'internal'
E <unixsignal> found previous asss still running
E <cmod> error loading module 'unixsignal'
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'unixsignal'

What happened? I even rebooted to make sure asss wasn't still running.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Make sure you kill all asss processes running in the background:

killall -9 asss

If that doesn't help, then delete the asss.pid file:

rm asss.pid

When you run asss, it won't return to the command line. You can press Ctrl+C in the terminal to close it.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Dr that worked.

Make is responding with this:
ln -sf /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/core/backtrace /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/asss /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/dbtool /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/database.so /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/funky.so /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/pymod.so /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/scoring.so /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/turf.so /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/py/exec.py /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/py/fg_turf.py /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/py/fg_wz.py /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/py/fm_password.py /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/py/watchgreen.py ../bin

Which hasn't happened before.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's the final step of the build process, nothing to worry about.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's all it was outputting, make clean fixed it.

I'm a bit confused getting my zone online. How would I go about network play if I'm running asss VIA VMWare? I can't even get local play to work. I have Continuum on my windows, therefore connecting to the zone VIA windows isn't technically local. VMWare creates another 'device' on my router for Ubuntu as if it were another computer on the router.
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You'll probably have to play around with your Virtual Machine's ethernet settings (i.e. edit vm settings > hardware > ethernet) and see what works.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If it wasn't outputting anything else, it means it had already built everything. Running "make clean" removes all of the output files, and forces the next make to rebuild everything.

You have to find out what your VM's IP is, and then connect to the zone in Continuum using that IP. If it's Ubuntu, then typing "sudo ifconfig" will probably reveal your IP (look for the IP following "inet addr" near the top of the eth0 output).
Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What is D I P? icon_confused.gif

dip.png - 14.6 KB
File downloaded or viewed 51 time(s)
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

New description, new IP adress, new port number
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Aquarius wrote:
That's all it was outputting, make clean fixed it.

I'm a bit confused getting my zone online. How would I go about network play if I'm running asss VIA VMWare? I can't even get local play to work. I have Continuum on my windows, therefore connecting to the zone VIA windows isn't technically local. VMWare creates another 'device' on my router for Ubuntu as if it were another computer on the router.

First step is finding out your IPs. Like Dr Brain said, type "sudo ifconfig" and look for an IP like 192.168.*.* (where * is an actual number). An example would be 192.168.1.102. That is your lan ip for the Ubuntu OS.

If you are behind a router and/or there is a firewall enabled on the Ubuntu setup, unblock which every ports you specified in global.conf. Default is 5000. So Unblock 5000 and 5001, or at least thats the way it used to be. 5001 I believe is used for stats before you enter the zone. You should at least be able to play using your local ip for Ubuntu, but you have to unblock the ports in global.conf for others to connect to your zone.

EDIT: The reason you can't connect locally is because you are connecting to your WAN IP (modem ip). That is fine, as long as the ports are unblocked for everyone to play. Otherwise, click on ADD CUSTOM in the zone download area. Type in the name of your server, the local UBUNTU ip (192.168.*.*), and the port (5000). Replacing the * with your actual values, and the port number with what ever is specified in global.conf
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks guys local play is working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 672 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.540108 seconds : 38 queries executed (82.4%): GZIP compression disabled