Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ASSS 1.5.0rc1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic  ASSS Compile errors on Centos 6 Post :: Post [Soccer] Mode=0 returns Enemy Goal ins...  View next topic  
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: ASSS 1.5.0rc1 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here is are the linux x86, linux x86_64 and srconly packages for asss 1.5.0rc1. This is my first time packaging asss, so there could be issues with them.

I'll post a win32 version and a change log soon.

Upgrading modules.conf from 1.4.4 to 1.5.0rc1 involves replacing the lines
Code: Show/Hide
fm_normal
game

with
game
freqman

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me

ASSS 1.5.0 Linux x86

asss-1.5.0rc1.tar.gz - 3020.78 KB
File downloaded or viewed 318 time(s)

ASSS 1.5.0 Linux x86_64

asss-1.5.0rc1_x86_64.tar.gz - 1405.52 KB
File downloaded or viewed 298 time(s)

ASSS 1.5.0rc1 Source Only

asss-1.5.0rc1-srconly.tar.gz - 436.72 KB
File downloaded or viewed 275 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wow, that is a lot I have to convert. But those adviser are really awesome

I will post a list of stuff I had to change when I am done
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

In no particular order:

• The core now compiles and runs on 64 bit platforms.
  • Added the concept of advisers, which are essentially interfaces that exist in parallel and are consulted by other modules (kind of like a cross between interfaces and callbacks).
  • Completely rewritten freqman which supports enforcer advisers (to limit ship changes and freq changes) and a balancer interface (to even teams based on some arbitrary metric).
  • Added enf_flagwin, enf_legalship, enf_shipchange, enf_shipcount.
  • Converted old lockspec to enf_lockspec.
  • Added support for Misc:NoSafeAntiwarp.
  • Improvements on the python<->C interface (by D1st0rt).
  • Created position packet advisers for on-the-fly modification of outgoing position packets (both per-arena and per-player).
  • Added ?detmod (functionally equivelent to ?attmod -d).
  • Added SHIP_NAMES to config interface for convenience.
  • Lots and lots of changes to ball code.
  • Added ?moveball, ?ballinfo, ?giveball, ?spawnball.
  • Added support for specifying maximum screen area in addition to maximum x resolution and y resolution.
  • Added suport for General:ExtraLevelFilesKeys and General:LevelFiles# (0-15).
  • Added a fix for subchat's and starlight's handling of outgoing chat messages.
  • Added ?recycle (functionally equivalent to ?shutdown -r).
  • Added capability "forceshipfreqchange" to force -f on ?setship and ?setfreq.
  • Added IsAntiwarped(p) function in Igame.
  • Changes to ?kick.
  • Added ability to use dated log files in logman.
  • Added CB_SPAWN callback and player.is_dead flag.
  • Cleaned up grammar in many of the command responses.
  • Added support for ?setcm -t in addition to -time.
  • Added time feedback for ?setcm and ?getcm.
  • Added CB_PPK for valid position packets (handles basic errors and doesn't get called for spectators).
  • Added time to player position structure.
  • Merged some of snrrrub's patches. Some still have yet to be merged.
  • Changed SetFreqAndShip to SetShipAndFreq (to match order of parameters).
  • Merged CB_SHIPCHANGE and CB_FREQCHANGE into CB_SHIPFREQCHANGE.
  • Added HashInit and HashEmpty for static allocation of hash tables.
  • Added optional anti-brickwarp code.
  • Fixes to watchdamage
  • Added FOR_EACH macro for iterating linked lists.
  • Added player freq information to ?flaginfo.
  • Improved do-not-log functionality of logman by allowing modules to register unlogged commands.
  • Various minor fixes and tweaks.

There's probably a few things I left out, but that should be the bulk of them.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Weren't you adding some region properties? NoReceiveAntiwarp and NoReceiveWeapons? Or are these simply not part of the core?
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You could easily do that with the new packet rewrite adviser
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, I forgot about those.

#define RCT_NORECVANTI      MAKE_CHUNK_TYPE(rNRA)
#define RCT_NORECVWEPS       MAKE_CHUNK_TYPE(rNRW)

They're defined, but missing implementation in game.c. I want to overhaul the way that antiwarp, cloak and stealth are handled in the core.
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lots of good stuff in there, half the stuff on that list i was sorely missing...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Goldeye
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Could you detail the changes to balls when you get a chance?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here are all the changesets concerning balls (I'm pretty sure all these changes in akd's trunk were merged in the main one). In sum, Soccer:Sendtime was fixed, ?spawnball/ballinfo/moveball/giveball were added, a ball adviser was added, and log levels were modified.

- adjusted the log levels for some events in game and balls
- correctly initialize balldata.carrier in CleanupAfter callback
- modified CB_BALLFIRE and CB_BALLPICKUP so that they would not fire if advisers actually cancelled the event. added behavior to make a goal automatically scored when an unneuted ball is fired on top of a goal tile, to eliminate a race problem where a ball pickup packet could beat a ball goal packet.
- make sure that stale player pointers do not appear in active powerball "previous" data
- fixing the Soccer:SendTime problem (old patch accidently made code read from Soccer:cfg_sendtime)
lowered the basic ball timer resolution to 25 ticks, changed the default send time to 100 ticks (the old value of 1000 is more than you'd ever want, given experiences lately having it), and the maximum to 500 ticks.

- store previous ball states in ArenaBallData (updated on ball events and PlaceBall only)
- added callback CB_BALLCOUNTCHANGE whenever the ball count is changed
- added A_BALLS adviser to control allowing, redirecting, or blocking ball pickups, ball fires, and ball goals. Also moved CB_GOAL invocation to after the ball is spawned in PGoal.
- overhauled balls.c to behave better when settings are modified, allow more spawn locations, and added the last_update field to struct BallData.
- added ?ballinfo, ?spawnball, ?moveball, and ?giveball. Also made internal balls data regarding freq set to -1 in SpawnBall and PlaceBall to prevent uninit'd values appearing in ?ballinfo
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Win32 version, anyone? biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
Win32 version, anyone? biggrin.gif

I'm also working on that; but, I think I need an updated security.dll.

Quote:

I <cmod> loading C module 'security' from 'security'
E <cmod> error loading module 'security'
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'security:security'
asss cannot start. error loading modules.

Dr Brain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is an UNTESTED Win32 binary. I could not get it to work on my machine, possibly due to Windows 7 security and access issues. IT MAY NOT WORK AT ALL! I didn't have time to track down the issue. I just wanted to upload it before I headed off for the holiday vacation.

My symptom, if it helps, was that ASSS was able to start, and load all modules, but was unable to bind to the listening port.

It's labeled 1.5.0rc2, but that's for my benefit in tracking bugs more than anything else. There are a few minor changes from 1.5.0rc1, but nothing especially urgent.

UNTESTED Win32 security.dll

security.zip - 16.77 KB
File downloaded or viewed 269 time(s)

UNTESTED Win32 binary distribution.

asss-1.5.0rc2.zip - 3361.1 KB
File downloaded or viewed 17330 time(s)
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

works for me on windows xp. i have not tested it beyond firing a few shots tho.

I first thought i had the same issue, until i realized my virtual machine was still running and was listening on the same port.
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I finally took the time to test it. It works well on Vista, no issues so far, and the logging in problem (i.e. security:enc_cont) that was problematic in the former versions also appears to be gone.
Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Please correct me.

There's no SVN, no sourceforge, no web-based repository for ASSS at the moment, or at least not up to date with your release.

Why?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://bitbucket.org/grelminar/asss/
Samapico

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is this SVN-compatible? If so, what's the exact URL of the repository?
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nope, it doesn't use Subversion (SVN), it uses the Mercurial distributed revision control, with the cloning link provided near the top of the page. If you use TortoiseSVN already, you'll find TortoiseHG more or less pretty similar. Personally, I prefer Bitbucket over Sourceforge since it's much better laid out and easier to browse through.
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

looking back,

it would be really nice for the next version if you could include an interface in the chat core to REMOVE the chat message BEFORE it gets sent to players.

i remember talking to you about this awhile ago, and you said it would only be possible if i hacked apart my chat module...

this way, it breaks ground for perhaps a series of chat rewriters (ex. obscene checker) and other chat based stuff.

example of rewriting, not removing:

user> fuck yo couch
--module---
chat->STOPMSG(this_one);
new.msg = #$(*@ + chat.msg
send new.msg
--players see:---
user> $#*& yo couch

--edit--
example #2:

see voice part of my colors module

Last edited by Cheese on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese, you can already do that.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

also, why were *super, *ufo, and *mirror never implemented in ASSS?

and i would still like to see the flag modules converted to C from py, for those who dont run python with their build.

i might add that i still havnt had a chance to upgrade from 1.4.4 yet =(

Last edited by Cheese on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cheese wrote:
also, why were *super, *ufo, and *mirror never implemented in ASSS?

they were
they're just not part of the core because they're useless
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

#1 explain how,

and #2 link or it never happened
Samapico

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hax0rz

Only ufo would require some kind of particular implementation, as you have to set some ufo bit somewhere; the other 2 can easily be done with a module as they're just the server sending you (super) bogus packets. Bogus ship settings + shipreset for super, and fake player + position packets for mirror.

imo
Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

• it would be really nice for the next version if you could include an interface in the chat core to REMOVE the chat message BEFORE it gets sent to players.
  • why were *super, *ufo, and *mirror never implemented in ASSS?
  • im noticing a constant was added for fuschia, but was one added for grey? (33)
  • was ?moveto ever added to core cmds?
  • convert flag modules from py to C
  • if the core has support for python modules, perhaps it could have support for java modules as well?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 406 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.658402 seconds : 52 queries executed (76.5%): GZIP compression disabled