Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
SubGame2.exe Binary Extensions

View previous topic  SubGame2.exe / fix.dll Analysis Post :: Post Important People and Subspace History  View next topic  
cycad
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: SubGame2.exe Binary Extensions Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi again.

Back in 2006 or 2007, the fun of it, I created a patched SubGame2.exe that loads a DLL. That DLL in turn loads other DLL's that you can build yourself. Those DLLs can be built with a header file that allows sthem to access some of SubGame2's internal functions. You can do some neat stuff, and this could be extended to do a whole lot of neat stuff.

It's really a proof of concept to see if PriitK would use something like this. It's basically a version of fix.dll that has source available. He ignored me and since I don't have time - or interest - in having someone get ahold of him (SSCouncil can eat my ass) I never fully completed the project.

It's still functional though. The example comes with a DLL that allows mods to send messages beginning with '8', it also adds some commands like *sysmsg, which can send a message to a single player that appears in green text. I intended this to be used by bots. I also added a *putdll so you can upload DLLs to the server. There's some other stuff too but it's been a while and I forget.

You could do a lot of cool stuff with this, such as adding an in-game points system (this was written while edome was down and was my original intent), but since PriitK is such a horrid 'leader' it never got pursued.

Anyway, it's a fun playground and you can find it, and the full source, at 75rw.net/subgame2_addon.zip.

If you have questions you can contact me directly at cycad at 75rw dot net.

Have fun.

Enjoy.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I saw that not long ago... but I don't think much could be done with it, now that we have ASSS
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

om, this is cool
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 925 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.567860 seconds : 28 queries executed (93.6%): GZIP compression disabled