Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Anyone having problems logging into BlueT Trench Wars (DEV)?

View previous topic  Bomb settings Post :: Post Exhaust and Goals  View next topic  
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Anyone having problems logging into BlueT Trench Wars (DEV)? Reply to topic Reply with quote

First off, this should be in your zones.dat:

BlueT Trench Wars (DEV),74.86.4.98,15001,ds1.hlrse.net,1
#ss://ds1.hlrse.net SSCU Trench Wars Development Area (Homepage)http://www.trenchwars.org

Second, the reason for that is because most if not all BlueT zones are temporarily pulled out of listings until the 30th or sooner. We are undergoing some security fixes.

Third, jabjabjab complained to me that Continuum is throwing him an error that a new Continuum client is available when he tries to join the zone.

Fourth, nobody is complaining except jabjabjab -- and RiiStar hasn't mentioned a word to me (he is currently the registrar of BlueT Trench Wars (DEV) in our records).

Would appreciate some feedback. By the way, the only thing I did recently was regenerate scrty and scrty1, change the NamePassword, and commented out the existing IP= line and created a new and blank IP= line.

EDIT :: Strange! L.C. is in the sysop.txt and I can login with that name perfectly fine without problems, but when I login with hlrse3 (totally random name) I get a popup telling me about a new version of Continuum.

This is indeed very strange. I think it has to do with scrty and scrty1 being regenerated. BlueT World War 3 is a totally brand new zone using fresh scrty/scrty1 files, and I get the same thing. Also, clicking yes will take me to file:///D:/Games/Continuum/ContinuumUpdate.html.

I checked the server.ini for TWDev:

AllowVIEClients=1
ForceContinuumOnly=0
AllowPrerelease=1

EDIT :: Currently working to restore the "working" scrty and scrty1 files as a temporary solution (backing up the current ones, then restoring). I will leave BlueT Section 31 Test Zone as is -- so you can experiment on this zone. If you need the zone.dat information, see below:
Code: Show/Hide
BlueT Section 31 Test Zone,74.86.4.98,23000,ds1.hlrse.net,0
#ss://ds1.hlrse.net Zone description here.

Experiment setup:
- Default installation of Server Kit (http://www.hlrse.net/subspace/ServerKit.exe)
- Placed executable of every Continuum version in same folder with subgame2.exe (but renamed the executables to their version -- so v0.37 translates to 37.exe)
- Ran subbill.exe
- Ran subgame2.exe and tested the included scrty and scrty1 files
- Shutdown subgame2.exe with SHIFT+F12
- Appended "_default" to scrty and scrty1 filenames
- Opened command prompt to directory containing subgame2.exe and the Continuum executables
- Starting from v0.36, working my way up to v0.40, I executed "<version>.exe Z"
- For each generation of scrty and scrty1, I tested them by joining with a SysOp name and a random username, and then shutdown subgame2.exe with SHIFT+F12 and appended "_<version>" to the scrty and scrty1 files before generating the next pair of files

Offline Test Results (using Subgame2 v1.34.14):
- <Generated with> works on <tested on>
- v??? (default, comes with Server Kit) works on v0.40
- v??? (unknown, autogenerated when neither file existed) works on v0.40 (deleted files and let Subgame2 generate its own)
- SSv1.34 (scrty generated only, scrty1 autogenerated upon launch) works on v0.40
- v0.36 works on v0.40
- v0.37 works on v0.40
- v0.38 works on v0.40
- v0.38pr1 works on v0.40
- v0.38pr2 works on v0.40
- v0.38pr3 works on v0.40
- v0.38pr5 works on v0.40
- v0.39pr1 works on v0.40
- v0.40 works on v0.40

Notes:
- subspace.exe included with subgame2.exe only generates scrty (does not generate scrty1)
- Both scrty and scrty1 are generated if they do not exist
- Using generated files from v0.40 will cause the error to non-sysops; does this mean that as long as you are sysop you can join zones with an incompatible client?

Experiment Part 2 setup:
- This time testing it on BlueT Section 31 Test Zone
- Creating a folder for each pair scrty and scrty1, placing them in their folder, and removing the appended "_<whatever>" from their filenames and using that "<whatever>" part as the folder name
- Shutting down the zone
- Uploading a pair of scrty files
- Starting the down
- Testing the zone with a random username (non-SysOp only this time)
- Recording results and repeating the process until all versions have been tested

Online Test Results (BlueT Section 31 Test Zone): (Testing in progress)
- v0.40 works with v0.40
- Dragged 40.exe (v0.40) into a new and empty folder and generated new files
- Uploaded and tested those files and...
- v0.40 does not work with v0.40 (gives "new client" message)
- Tested the same pair offline and it works instead of failing (aka giving "new client" message)

I don't understand...

Experiment 1 and 2 -- Contains Continuum executables from v0.36 to v0.40, and their generations. The '40' folder contains the "dependency-less regeneration" from Experiment 2.

scrty_experiment.zip - 5805.52 KB
File downloaded or viewed 13 time(s)

scrty and scrty1 files from BlueT Section 31 Test Zone

scrty.zip - 171.16 KB
File downloaded or viewed 13 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
- Using generated files from v0.40 will cause the error to non-sysops; does this mean that as long as you are sysop you can join zones with an incompatible client?

Yes, the sysop of a subgame zone can bypass all limits imposed on regular players, including client, version, and protocol version (among other stuff like *specall, and *lock).

I'm curious though, with your newly regenerated file, can you enter the zone using Continuum 0.38-0.39pr1?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hakaku wrote:
I'm curious though, with your newly regenerated file, can you enter the zone using Continuum 0.38-0.39pr1?
BlueT Section 31 Test Zone:
- L.C. is already in sysops.txt, and I have uploaded srcty and srcty1 that will cause the "new client" message to popup; VIE clients and preleases allowed, forced Continuum is disabled.

- Using L.C. on v0.40, I enter the zone without any popups and download begins.
- Using hlrse2 (forgot pass to hlrse3) on v0.40, I get the "new client" popup; clicking yes will take me to ContinuumUpdate.html and close continuum, clicking no will immediately take me back to the menu.

- Using L.C. on v0.39pl1, I get the "new client" popup; clicking yes will take me to ContinuumUpdate.html and close Continuum, clicking no will take me into the zone and the download begins.
- Using hlrse2 on v0.39pl1, I get the "new client" popup; clicking yes will take me to ContinuumUpdate.html and close Continuum, clicking no will immediately take me back to the menu.

- Using L.C. on v0.38, I get the "new client" popup; clicking yes will take me to ContinuumUpdate.html and close Continuum, clicking no will take me into the zone and the download begins.
- Using hlrse2 on v0.38, I get the "new client" popup; clicking yes will take me to ContinuumUpdate.html and close Continuum, clicking no will take me to the in-game loading screen (but it stalls there at "Entering arena" -- never starts downloading the zone).

PS. Zone is online.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Apologies for the double post.

I have found that if I install the Server Kit (http://www.hlrse.net/subspace/ServerKit-Full.exe), delete the existing srcty and srcty1 files, run Subgame2.exe plainly and allow it to generate the files with subspace.exe, those newly generated files from subspace.exe work and do not bring up the "new version" message.

Unfortunately, I cannot get subspace.exe to generate srcty and srcty1 files if I were to run "subspace.exe Z" in the command line. If I managed to do that somehow though, I think it will only generate 1 of the 2 files. It seems like Subgame2.exe and subspace.exe have a special way of communicating with each other to generate both files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 639 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.588579 seconds : 31 queries executed (82.2%): GZIP compression disabled